Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: man evicted from his own property for living poor...

I called again. Apparently they’ve been getting lots of calls. Liz read me a prepared statement from the county attorney:

“A zoning violation was filed against mr Thompson by the planning dept after an investigation commenced. After two hearings in superior court, the court entered an order that mr Thompson vacate the recreational vehicle as his permanent residence. Mr Thompson has the right to appeal through the courts. As of nov 30 mr Thompson said he was moving out of the RV. That doesn’t mean mr Thompson can’t go back on the property to feed and water his horses. Also mr Thompson can park his RV on the parcel; he just cannot reside there as his permanent residence.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For a more high tech off grid sewage solution:

Fully enclosed composting toilet:

http://www.natureshead.net/?gclid=CP...FRZ-5QodF33vmg

Incinerating toilet:

http://ecojohn.com/
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-01-2010 at 01:42 PM.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by idirtify View Post
    Are they trying to take his land, or only trying to evict him from living on it?

Either way, I might go to the meeting. It’s like two counties over from Indianapolis. I’d like to go and at least video the commissioners (zoom in on all their faces and YT it).
    No doubt , scumbags .

I called again. Apparently they’ve been getting lots of calls. Liz read me a prepared statement from the county attorney:

“A zoning violation was filed against mr Thompson by the planning dept after an investigation commenced. After two hearings in superior court, the court entered an order that mr Thompson vacate the recreational vehicle as his permanent residence. Mr Thompson has the right to appeal through the courts. As of nov 30 mr Thompson said he was moving out of the RV. That doesn’t mean mr Thompson can’t go back on the property to feed and water his horses. Also mr Thompson can park his RV on the parcel; he just cannot reside there as his permanent residence.”
    So apparently it’s OK to have horse $#@! on your property, but not your own $#@!. It looks like that’s what it comes down to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheeJoeGlass View Post
    This is how home grown terrorism is born. This man is clearly not in his right mind, but he is living by himself and is hurting no one. Other than the high and mighty that want their crappy little Indiana town to not look so poor.
    Wait, wait, wait, wut?

Why is this man not in his right mind?

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov

So apparently it’s OK to have horse $#@! on your property, but not your own $#@!. It looks like that’s what it comes down to.
    Yeah , the leftists love animals , not people .

Does it say anywhere what he is doing for water and sewage? I do not see it noted anywhere. Remember he is living in a recreational vehicle. Most have fresh water, gray water and black water storage tanks. He could be taking his trailer to a dump site to fill up with fresh water and discharge the sewage.

It amazes me that I can buy a trailer and travel the country for the rest of my life but if I try to put my trailer on my land and live there for the rest of my life I am suddenly a criminal. wtf??
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

A simple solution is for him to drive the RV to another location and live there for a time, then move to another location and do the same thing. Seems they just don't want him living on his own land.

God, did I just have a bit of fun! I just spoke with the planning commission of Madison county Indiana and found out that there are no meetings left, and no court date is set for the Dick Thompson case. Apparently it is the hands of a court/judge/trial at this time. But the planning commission was the responsible entity, and is the one to call about questions. But the best part was when I asked if I could check back periodically for updates. At that point, the lady I was speaking with got a defensive tone and asked me my name. I told her, and then I asked her for hers. Get this: she refused to tell me! I replied with, “you’re kidding; you’re not going to identify yourself?!” She said, “I don’t see why it matters.” It continued with something like, “but you’re a public official”; “no, I’m just an employee”, and after some coaxing she ended up giving me her first name only: “Liz”. (BTW, I got it all on tape. Anybody wanna hear it? It’s hilarious!) Apparently, judging from that ridiculous response, they have been getting some flack over this case. Let’s keep it up. Call the planning department right now at (765) 641-9480 and ask LIZ about the case of Dick Thompson. Don’t be rude, but play dumb and be persistent. First prize goes to the caller who succeeds in getting Liz’s last name!!!
    Yes I want to hear it, upload to youtube plz!

Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    no sewage is troubling. If everyone chose to go that route, we would have health problems at epidemic proportions.

he should at least create a septic tank and passive leach field, or he is responsible for the pollution, which will be far greater cost to him in the long run.

still off the grid, but being responsible for his "actions".
    dude, it's his property, he owns 36 acres ourtight. He can take a $#@! anywhere on that property, because it's his. He can drop a turd in the driveway, in the middle of a field, he can even climb a tree and drop a deuce right on the tallest branch. Why?

Because it's his.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm gonna ask her if it's ok to sleep in a tent on my own property in madison county.

Quote Originally Posted by aravoth View Post
    I'm gonna ask her if it's ok to sleep in a tent on my own property in madison county.
    What law is he supposed to have violated?

I honestly don't get this.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    What law is he supposed to have violated?

I honestly don't get this.
    He violated county zoning laws by living in an RV on his own property.

He is charged with not living the way the government thinks he should.

I mean, come on. Given the economy, there are about 3 recreational vehicles I RECOGNIZE because they periodically park around the larger neighborhood area in different spots NOT on their own land. Since the people living in them aren't taking leaks by our garbage cans, we just pretend they aren't there. It isn't ideal, we have kids and worry about transients, it is a nice neighborhood (likely why they would rather be here.) But, come on, they are trying to take care of themselves as best they can, and seem to be respecting us and our stuff.

And this is on his own PROPERTY.

I literally don't get how a law can prevent someone from living in an RV on 40 acres of their own property.

dude, it's his property, he owns 36 acres ourtight. He can take a $#@! anywhere on that property, because it's his. He can drop a turd in the driveway, in the middle of a field, he can even climb a tree and drop a deuce right on the tallest branch. Why?

Because it's his.
    What a person does to their property does have an effect on others. You are not free to pollute those around you.

It is unsanitary, not just for him, but those around him. He is liable for damage done based on his improper handling of human waste. If simply one person alone is living in such unsanitary manners, it isn’t going to cause a problem, but when everyone does it, it does create issues.

He needs to build a passive leach field (assuming he isn’t paying someone to handle his waste in a non-polluting manner)!

What a person does to their property does have an effect on others. You are not free to pollute those around you.

It is unsanitary, not just for him, but those around him. He is liable for damage done based on his improper handling of human waste. If simply one person alone is living in such unsanitary manners, it isn’t going to cause a problem, but when everyone does it, it does create issues.

He needs to build a passive leach field (assuming he isn’t paying someone to handle his waste in a non-polluting manner)!
    How is he polluting people around him exactly? His horses $#@! 10 times as much as he does, does he need a passive leach field for that?

That is kind of a ignorant comment.as the other person stated he lives on 36 acres and im sure his horse craps a lot more than him,Plus you know not everyone is gonna do what he does because 90 percent of people wouldn't want to deal with the inconvenience .So why not just let the few who wanna live that way do what they want.

The second problem i see with your thinking is the preemptive judgment that hes gonna pollute.Instead of judging a person for what they might do,why don't you judge a person for what they actually do

40 acres is a HUGE leachfield.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    It's happening with relative frequency...the public utilities commission got the police involved in this case, and the guy's actually gone to jail--3 times. It's $#@!ing outrageous:

http://www.off-grid.net/2008/08/20/w...fighting-fund/
    The jagoffs in Penn that did this ............. unbelievable . I am speechless .

Quote Originally Posted by TonySutton View Post
    Does it say anywhere what he is doing for water and sewage? I do not see it noted anywhere. Remember he is living in a recreational vehicle. Most have fresh water, gray water and black water storage tanks. He could be taking his trailer to a dump site to fill up with fresh water and discharge the sewage.

It amazes me that I can buy a trailer and travel the country for the rest of my life but if I try to put my trailer on my land and live there for the rest of my life I am suddenly a criminal. wtf??
    this people,,

This makes my BLOOD BOIL --- (I would say more but I'm afraid that josh would have NO CHOICE, but to put a permanent ban on my account.)

TMike
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Yes I want to hear it, upload to youtube plz!
    First I’m gonna have to learn how to go from cassette tape to audio file. My pc has Nero on it, so it shouldn’t be hard – just never done it before.

Is it smelly(35 acres is a long way for smell to travel)?Running into a stream? Or did he dig a hole and let the Waste go in there?

I can tell you for a fact, for one person, all he needs for the RV toilet is a 4 foot deep hole 1 foot in diameter with a piece of 3/4 plywood covering it -- . And let the grey water(what little there would be) run out of a hose away from where he walks.

Thats all he needs. Clean, no smell, and sanitary.

I know this to be true because that is exactly the way I have a small trailer set up on my property right now. Its been there 3 years with No smell, no mess, and sanitary. With one person living in it -- with all the water they can use.

TMike

PS- And I even have heavy clay content soil.

PPS- "City sewage" is WAY over rated. Its for the sheeple. Folks nowadays have no clue how easy, and how well a simple septic can work. The government wants you thinking that you need it ---- But we understand that, don't we??
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Reason View Post
    have we heard anything more on if he got evicted?
    see post #31.

What the $#@!?
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

What are the bastards going to do ? I would just tell them I am moving out . I would just go back and live there , are they going to check on you every day ? It is cold out now , windows & doors will be closed , just do not answer . If they catch you in the yard , you say you are checking on the livestock . They cannot require you give them another address . You may have to get a po box .

How is he polluting people around him exactly? His horses $#@! 10 times as much as he does, does he need a passive leach field for that?
    this depends largely on the people around him.

as I said, if just one person lived like animals, it doesn't cause a problem.

But if we all did it, then it would be a huge problem.

so rather then allowing a huge problem to develop, I completely endorse local communities setting basic requirements - like requiring a septic system to handle waste matter.

i'm just crazy that way.

but this is the point where I remind myself it is a waste of time arguing with the purists and slowly back away.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckinMike View Post
    I can tell you for a fact, for one person, all he needs for the RV toilet is a 4 foot deep hole 1 foot in diameter with a piece of 3/4 plywood covering it -- . And let the grey water(what little there would be) run out of a hose away from where he walks.

Thats all he needs. Clean, no smell, and sanitary.
    sounds like a simple leach field. works for me!

Waste is not a problem at all as long as nobody is ingesting it .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast