Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sons of Anarchy season finale.

Thumbs up Sons of Anarchy season finale.

Not bad, restarting right now.

FX network.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It was pretty good and made up for an okay season.
    In the end, it's never what you worry about that gets you.

I was so happy to see ....the way it ended.

You guys know that the show is a loose interpretation of Hamlet? I just read that recently so it's probably common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I was so happy to see ....the way it ended.
    Yes, I was happy to see that as well.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Apparently I resemble someone on that show, according to a Harley buddy. I need to watch it from Season 1. What Season are they on?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Apparently I resemble someone on that show, according to a Harley buddy. I need to watch it from Season 1. What Season are they on?
    They just finished 3.

Bump - ok - now they're finished with Season 5. Excellent, excellent excellent season finale. I just love the way they bring back little things. Season 4 - I think: "You mean this whole thing is about a dog?!?!" leading to the dogfighting thing - I literally LOL'd.

Little spoiler:

But I have to know - did Jax and Gemma conspire against Tara to put her in jail, or was that all Gemma? Or is that a cliffhanger? - Highlight that to read it.

Any place online to watch it? Haven't been able to follow this season, FX didn't make it available.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Czolgosz View Post
    Any place online to watch it? Haven't been able to follow this season, FX didn't make it available.

E
    TA: This place seems to have it online: http://watch-freeseries.mu/tv/sons_o...overeign/10430
    Last edited by angelatc; 12-06-2012 at 06:57 PM.

After the scene where the ex-marshal had a full bed of weapons,I expected some kind of a rampage by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    After the scene where the ex-marshal had a full bed of weapons,I expected some kind of a rampage by him.
    Yeah, I don't think we've seen the last of him.

Bump - ok - now they're finished with Season 5. Excellent, excellent excellent season finale. I just love the way they bring back little things. Season 4 - I think: "You mean this whole thing is about a dog?!?!" leading to the dogfighting thing - I literally LOL'd.

Little spoiler:

But I have to know - did Jax and Gemma conspire against Tara to put her in jail, or was that all Gemma? Or is that a cliffhanger? - Highlight that to read it.
    I think it was all Gemma but I know Jax's didn't like the way Tara set up their wills leaving Gemma out and putting Wendy in--next season will be the season of revenge. It was disgusting what Otto did when they were doing his deposition.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

E
    TA: This place seems to have it online: http://watch-freeseries.mu/tv/sons_o...overeign/10430
    ty
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I think it was all Gemma but I know Jax's didn't like the way Tara set up their wills leaving Gemma out and putting Wendy in--next season will be the season of revenge. It was disgusting what Otto did when they were doing his deposition.
    Disgusting is right.

On a side note, the crazy girl outside the dogfights has appeared once every season, from what I read on the internet. Knowing that Hamlet saw ghosts, I am thinking I need to go back through and see what she's been saying.

that was a very good season.. when he gave up Tig, I actually believed it.. really great show.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

bumping for the current season - my opinion is that it seems to be turning into the Gemma show, and I'm getting irritated with that. I was really, really hoping that Tara was going to shoot her in the face last night. Gemma's morals - she would never fake a dead baby, but will happily kill that baby's mother.

Tig's Smokey and the Bandit line totally cracked me up.

Another ghost sighting last week - actually two. Jax saw her in a photo, and we saw her digging through a dumpster.

I really loved this show, but right now there's not a character in it that I like. It seems like the writers had to really stretch to redeem Jax at all, but seeing developing feelings for the whore is just unbelievable to me. He's never had anything good to say about the sex workers in his life. Seeing him cheat on Tara isn't a shock but seeing hints of a relationship - not buying it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bumping for the current season - my opinion is that it seems to be turning into the Gemma show, and I'm getting irritated with that. I was really, really hoping that Tara was going to shoot her in the face last night. Gemma's morals - she would never fake a dead baby, but will happily kill that baby's mother.

Another ghost sighting last week - actually two. Jax saw her in a photo, and we saw her digging through a dumpster.

I really loved this show, but right now there's not a character in it that I like. It seems like the writers had to really stretch to redeem Jax at all, but seeing developing feelings for the whore is just unbelievable to me. He's never had anything good to say about the sex workers in his life. Seeing him cheat on Tara isn't a shock but seeing hints of a relationship - not buying it.
    I think Gemma's point is that, she'd lie about a lot of things, and even kill a person to protect a baby, but she'd not lie to get sympathy for a baby to get another person in trouble. Who IS that trash digger? Can't wait to find out.

I think Maggie Siff's song last week was beautiful:

Maggie Siff - Lullaby for a soldier (Sons of Anarchy) HD
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I don't think Katey Sagal would leave the show, unless she just didn't want to do it anymore- her real life famly is heavily involved in the show. I never knew what Kurt Sutter looked like until I realized he played Otto. Kinda suspected he was the U.S. Marshal guy, but never got around to looking it up, so I was close.

They may be getting ready to kill Tara, which would have killed the show before this season. If she doesn't die, she is defninitely losing her mind. The ghost lady could be future Tara, left alone after killing everyone else.
    Last edited by CPUd; 11-13-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I don't think Katey Sagal would leave the show, unless she just didn't want to do it anymore- her real life famly is heavily involved in the show. I never knew what Kurt Sutter looked like until I realized he played Otto. Kinda suspected he was the U.S. Marshal guy, but never got around to looking it up, so I was close.

They may be getting ready to kill Tara, which would have killed the show before this season. If she doesn't die, she is defninitely losing her mind. The ghost lady could be future Tara, left alone after killing everyone else.
    I think the ghost lady is the mother that died in the accident that killed John Teller. Jax saw her picture and said she looked familiar.

John Teller isn't dead.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

I think the ghost lady is the mother that died in the accident that killed John Teller. Jax saw her picture and said she looked familiar.
    If that's the one whose daughter broke the shop window, they did spend quite a bit of time on the scene with Jax and the girl after she calmed down.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    John Teller isn't dead.
    I swear I will ditch that show if that comes out.

I've been keeping up, but have missed the last two episodes and plan on catching up soon. Like the show a lot, but I can't help but miss the early seasons when things were simpler, more 'fun', and there was a lot more action.

There's also a lot more focus on Tara in the later seasons and now and, maybe it's just me, but I can't stand her character. It might not be the fault of the actress, but I've always found her incredibly wooden and only ever having one expression with an extremely empty personality. I just see her as very, very bland and her being so integral to the show has dulled my enthusiasm for it over the years. All just my opinion, though, very subjective.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RM918 View Post
    I've been keeping up, but have missed the last two episodes and plan on catching up soon. Like the show a lot, but I can't help but miss the early seasons when things were simpler, more 'fun', and there was a lot more action.

There's also a lot more focus on Tara in the later seasons and now and, maybe it's just me, but I can't stand her character. It might not be the fault of the actress, but I've always found her incredibly wooden and only ever having one expression with an extremely empty personality. I just see her as very, very bland and her being so integral to the show has dulled my enthusiasm for it over the years. All just my opinion, though, very subjective.
    I agree Tara's character is too mechanical. Wendy fits in perfectly.

I like that they incorporated Nero. He seems to bring some balance into SAMCRO and Gemma needs a man like him.

I know. He seemed kind of turned off that she was sleeping with Peter Weller's character. All the cracks about his "mommy issues" made me gag, especially from Gemma since she seems to like that.

They're all just horrible people. I have no sympathy for any of them. Well, maybe Venus and Margaret.

I sure hope it ends up like Hamlet with all of them dead!
    Last edited by Lucille; 11-14-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I agree Tara's character is too mechanical. Wendy fits in perfectly.

I like that they incorporated Nero. He seems to bring some balance into SAMCRO and Gemma needs a man like him.
    Yeah, Wendy is a lot more interesting and her actress actually emotes. Ah well, what could have been.

I also agree about Nero. I didn't like Jimmy Smits all that much when he was in Dexter a bit ago but he is doing great here.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    John Teller isn't dead.
    Then he's a worse parent than Gemma!

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    If that's the one whose daughter broke the shop window, they did spend quite a bit of time on the scene with Jax and the girl after she calmed down.
    Yes, that's her. That's one of the scenes that seemed to be written only to remind us that Jax is supposed to be somewhat sympathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by RM918 View Post

Agreed. I never really got any sense of chemistry between them. A couple seasons ago, Jax picked up a girl off someone else's Japanese bike. I would have loved to see something like that evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I have no sympathy for any of them. Well, maybe Venus and Margaret.

I sure hope it ends up like Hamlet with all of them dead!
    Do you watch "Justified?" I laugh at Venus the whole way through because all I can see is Boyd in a dress.

I thought we might get more of Margaret's backstory. With that tat and being the age she is, you'd think that she and Gemma would have some history.

Do you watch "Justified?" I laugh at Venus the whole way through because all I can see is Boyd in a dress.

I thought we might get more of Margaret's backstory. With that tat and being the age she is, you'd think that she and Gemma would have some history.
    I do and I know! LOL DH doesn't watch SoA but I did have him watch the Venus scenes. He's a really great actor (too bad that he's such an Obamatard). I saw when Tig mouthed, "Baby" when he saw Venus. Did they have a thing? I haven't watched all the seasons.

Poor Venus. I was thinking how Jax shot his mother (using that term loosely) in the head when she was going off because what she was saying resonated with him and he knew she was right. His kids are going to hate him, but does he let Tara and the kids go live in peace and safe from their lives of crime? Nope. Because he's a selfish little prick. I'm also sick of his baggy pants and white shoes.

I also find it funny that they all wear helmets. Some anarchists!

You'd think they would have a history. Margaret wasn't in SoA but another MC, right?
    Last edited by Lucille; 11-14-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

They have been turning the show into a telenovela lately but their soundtrack is absolutely the BEST.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast