Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Sons of Anarchy season finale.

Quote Originally Posted by COpatriot View Post
    Man that pissed me off. The end of this week's episode was the most disturbing scene of the entire series and they play that stupid hokey music that completely ruins the impact of it. Imagine watching the Red Wedding on Game of Thrones with the Benny Hill theme playing the whole time.
    I like how they bleed in the logo at the end, but I always know to cut the sound right there. I figured that one out early on, like when it happened right after a rape scene. But one time I didn't do it, the one where Tara was rocking the baby and had the gun in her lap, and it ruined that one for me.

ETA: I am guessing Tig will die from infection, since their go-to doctor got stuck in the head with a fork. But Venus I think is a nurse.
    Last edited by CPUd; 10-03-2014 at 08:38 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

this is how it ends

Juice kills Gemma, then goes to Jax to turn himself in. This might not save his ass, but at least Jax knows the truth.

I almost forgot (despite being reminded by the consulting assignment), that Unser had no idea how Tara died.

The way Jax is f-ing the Chinese and Mexicans, his victims really are good people who can trust another, he's the bad guy who's making the biggest mistakes this season.

"Outlaw code" my ass, Sons of Anarchy have no problem using law enforcement muscle (the best kind there is) when they need it.

This is a good article written by someone who recently spent some time on the set:
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/03/so...y-cover-story/

Also consider a scenario where Jax is alive at the end, and does not know the whole story about who killed Tara. In episode 6, he is supposed to get some of the story.

The new show (or miniseries) will not get started for about 2 years, and it will likely be a prequel about the first 9:

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    The new show (or miniseries) will not get started for about 2 years, and it will likely be a prequel about the first 9:
    It'll be a whole new audience and fan base, everybody would've forgotten about the show by then.

This is a still from episode 7 promo:

I will be glad when this show is done.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

what is the arrow pointing to?

I have to agree. Sutter has lost his creativity. The show is nothing but murder, death, kill. The storyline is all over the place.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    what is the arrow pointing to?
    I pulled the image off of SOA imdb message board. Someone was pointing out it was the letter 'G'. It is speculated that it might be Gemma, and this is the site of the wreck that killed JT.

Last show was anticlimactic. And, I agree with donnay; Jax's scorched earth policy is getting ridiculous. And what is up with Gemma and her delusional conversations with Tara?
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

A new shot in the title sequence this season:

http://i.imgur.com/AIoWbCA.png

I bet the final scene will be Abel grown up reading the journal Jax wrote for him.
    Preparation for the sequel series: "Son of Sons of Anarchy"

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    And, I agree with donnay; Jax's scorched earth policy is getting ridiculous.
    Up to this season, I've always been sympathetic to Jax - especially in light of his efforts to "go legit" - but this season has pretty much destroyed that.

Torturing and killing the Chinese guy Gemma framed for Tara's death (without even giving the guy a chance to offer some kind of alibi or something) was bad enough - but at least that could be chalked up to extreme grief and an understandable desire for revenge. But my already-strained sympathy reached the breaking point when they killed those two stoners just to frame them up for SAMCRO's hit on Lin's guns-for-heroin trade with the Vegas triad.

So it reached the point where I actually started rooting for Henry Lin and the Chinese - and against SAMCRO ... SMH ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Preparation for the sequel series: "Son of Sons of Anarchy"

Up to this season, I've always been sympathetic to Jax - especially in light of his efforts to "go legit" - but this season has pretty much destroyed that.

Torturing and killing the Chinese guy Gemma framed for Tara's death (without even giving the guy a chance to offer some kind of alibi or something) was bad enough - but at least that could be chalked up to extreme grief and an understandable desire for revenge. But my already-strained sympathy reached the breaking point when they killed those two stoners just to frame them up for SAMCRO's hit on Lin's guns-for-heroin trade with the Vegas triad.

So it reached the point where I actually started rooting for Henry Lin and the Chinese - and against SAMCRO ... SMH ...
    It looks like we're headed for quite a Shakespearian finale.

What's this about a spin off? I seeing on this thread prequel talk and now sequel.

I think he is trying to assimilate all the gangs into SOA. Join or die is a simple brute force method that could end the fighting once and for all.

The spinoff is something Kurt Sutter said he is doing out of demand from the fans, but they want to work on other projects for a couple years first. It will surely have Katey Sagal playing a young Gemma.

There is a graphic novel out there now that takes place while Opie was still alive.
    Last edited by CPUd; 10-20-2014 at 10:35 PM.

Katey Sagal playing a young Gemma.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    LOL...yeah that will be interesting. Will they be using Married with children flashbacks?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I pulled the image off of SOA imdb message board. Someone was pointing out it was the letter 'G'. It is speculated that it might be Gemma, and this is the site of the wreck that killed JT.
    turns out it was our favorite sign.
    pcosmar's lie : There are more votes than registered Voters..

Gemma was sweating there a bit. Nero needs to run and never look back.

I think that kid Abel is going to kill someone because he thinks it is an act of love.

I think that kid Abel is going to kill someone because he thinks it is an act of love.
    . .

Gemma possibly? He overheard her talking to his brother Thomas about killing his mother.

This definitely has the same feel of the last seasons of The Shield and Breaking Bad.

The walls are closing in.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

I thought at first Able killed those crows in retaliation. But then I saw the writing on the wall. I wonder if it was Nero trying to scare Gemma into leaving Charming to go live on the farm with him (why, I'm sure I can't say). Nero is buying the farm. No symbolism there!

Poor Bobby. I think he'll end up dead.

Jax lied! Jury did not admit to ratting them out to Lin.

Spoiler photo: http://www.people.com/people/gallery....html#30238991
    Last edited by Lucille; 10-29-2014 at 09:37 AM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is changing the subject but did anyone catch the story that Sutter had to be rushed to the hospital with an appendicitis a couple of days ago?

And they actually showed his removed appendix.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/27/kurt-s...-appendectomy/

I saw that!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-hit-show.html

While the appendix itself is only a tiny roughly inch-long section at the end of the large intestine, it seems that perhaps his had already burst, leading to the removal of a much larger section of his intestines.
    It doesn't appear it will impact shooting.
    How can he finish the show when he's recovering from major surgery?!
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Jax killed Jury for telling him the truth about his father. Well, I don't think he would have died if he didn't go for the gun. Jax will probably end up getting taken out by his own club.

I don't know about the birds. Whoever did that is probably the same who told Lin about the warehouse. Someone is doing a divide-and-conquer strategy on the club. Maybe the ghost of JT.
    Last edited by CPUd; 10-29-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Jax killed Jury for telling him the truth about his father. Well, I don't think he would have died if he didn't go for the gun. Jax will probably end up getting taken out by his own club.

I don't know about the birds. Whoever did that is probably the same who told Lin about the warehouse. Someone is doing a divide-and-conquer strategy on the club. Maybe the ghost of JT.
    at this point it doesn't matter any more, the club will be destroy either by Jax or by Marks.
    pcosmar's lie : There are more votes than registered Voters..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I thought at first Able killed those crows in retaliation. But then I saw the writing on the wall. I wonder if it was Nero trying to scare Gemma into leaving Charming to go live on the farm with him [...]
    August Marks seems like the best suspect - with the dead crows & "no son is safe" thing serving as reinforcements of the "chop parts out or off of Bobby" thing.

But the "Nero did it" possibility is very interesting ... (and didn't Nero say something about seeing some suspicious characters hanging around - just before offering to have a couple of his people keep an eye out on the place? Hmmmmmmm ...)

At this point, Nero and Unser are about the only characters I really like on the show. (Chibs might make the list - but that's probably only because of his cool accent ...)

Also, here's an interesting theory on who the rat is: https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/s...034502610.html
    Who's the rat?!

Yeah, it seemed pretty obvious that it was Jury, so we probably should have assumed it wasn't him. Maybe it is him — Jax thinks so — but we really believed the guy when he 'fessed up to wanting to murder Jax, but not to being a rat. So if Jury really didn't tip off Lin to the fact that Jax and SAMCRO stole his guns, killed his men, and basically want to see him burn in hell for all eternity, who did? Here's one suggestion, though it's painful to float: Tig.

Tig has had way too little storyline throughout this final run of the series. The reveal of his friendship with Venus is a highlight of the season, but one of the most warped, violent, and still beloved SoA characters has been backburnered in storylines involving the bigger-picture matters of the club. Could it be because Kurt Sutter is saving Tiggy for a big twist? As in, Tig's the one who ratted out the club to Lin because no one cared so much when his daughter was burned alive in front of him by Damon Pope, but when a member of Jax's family is murdered, it becomes the mission of the entire group — consequences and body parts be damned — to avenge it? Let's not forget that Tig and Jax have had one of the most complicated relationships within SAMCRO.

Tig accidentally killed Donna, the wife of Jax's best friend Opie, and Opie was the intended target. Tig was particularly close to Jax's stepdaddy-turned-enemy Clay. Jax blames Tig for the beef with Damon Pope, which led to Opie's prison death. And just last season, Jax set Tig up to be killed by August Marks, though Marks was only testing Jax's loyalty with the request. Perhaps Tig figured that last one out. And maybe Tig got fed up with what has become, especially this season, Jax's double standard.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

That theory is very plausible indeed. ^^^

I also think it could be Wendy. She, deep down, hates Gemma and knows the truth about Tara because Juice told her what actually happened then Abel will say something to her later on. In the end, she and Nero ride off into the sunset.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast