Thread: Shep Smith And Judge Napolitano Back Assange, Inside Sources Over New Wikileak

Shep Smith And Judge Napolitano Back Assange, Inside Sources Over New Wikileak

It’s safe to say that Julian Assange’s co-opting of this week’s news cycle with the latest embarrassing diplomatic Wikileaks is not making him any friends in Washington. Somewhat surprisingly, however, he seems to have found an ally in two of the Fox Family’s most prominent figures– Shepard Smith and Judge Andrew Napolitano, who today expressed disgust at those who leaked the documents but mostly supported the site’s mission.

Smith brought Judge Napolitano– host of the now-nightly Freedom Watch on sister network Fox Business– on the program to discuss the reaction to this weekend’s document dump, which revealed embarrassing details about several major U.S. diplomatic ventures. In light of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s harsh reaction to the release and calls from Congressmen to crack down on Wikileaks, both Smith and Napolitano seemed to agree that this was a case of shooting the messenger. In fact, Smith seemed outraged that the focus was on Wikileaks and Assange rather than on the purported insider who leaked the files, Pfc. Bradley Manning– or, as Smith insisted on calling him, “bradass87.” Pointing out the major security breach required for Manning to get away with leaking the files, even if he had help from other insiders, Smith appeared aghast that the reaction has been directed mostly at Wikileaks, at one point exclaiming, “They’re mad at Wikileaks? That it’s a terrorist organization? What the hell? Come on.”

Judge Napolitano, who has had Assange on his program before and has made readily apparent his distrust in the state, noted that, while “I understand the view of those who want to believe that the government always tells the truth,” he believed it better “for mature people to know the truth and understand it.” While Smith did not comment on whether he believed the actual leaking of the documents was positive or not, he did scoff at the idea of people trusting the government.

Instead of Wikileaks, the pair focused their ire on Pfc. Manning, currently in detention, and “the people who failed to protect the documents.” Napolitano noted that he found it bizarre that Manning would have access to the files he is accused of releasing. “He normally would not qualify for the level of security that would give him access to this,” Napolitano noted, “which tells me there are others involved besides this fellow with the unique email name.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/shep-smit...-new-wikileak/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for posting this. I am so disappointed in the reaction these documents got. Instead of being indignant about being directly lied to, the biggest issue seems to be that the CIA hasn't killed Assange yet.

I never realized we were such a nation of psychopaths,

Bump.

Bunkloco
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I have. But then I have a unique perspective.

A Maximum Security Prison is a small, closed society. It has Politics, Economy and social pressures, in a small viewable area. Like a magnifying Glass on the world.

Everything out here is in there.

Very little surprises me.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Shepard Smith, really? I'm surprised, he's a pretty big neocon, yet he is defending Wikileaks? Crazy.
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post
    Shepard Smith, really? I'm surprised, he's a pretty big neocon, yet he is defending Wikileaks? Crazy.
    same lines as the schism I mentioned in another thread about Judge Nap and WTC7
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Thanks for posting this. I am so disappointed in the reaction these documents got. Instead of being indignant about being directly lied to, the biggest issue seems to be that the CIA hasn't killed Assange yet.

I know. It's really depressing. Expatriating looks better with every day that goes by.

I still have faith in us, even though the psycho-paths are numerous.

Good on the Judge & Shepard.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Our young nation’s traumatic history, and the traumatic immigration histories of our residents, pretty much dictates that we are a collection of psychological pathologies. And when the majority suffers a psychological disorder, insanity becomes the norm/sanity. But be careful realizing this; it’s its own source/form of insanity (don’t remove the colored glasses too quickly, or you may see only pods).

“Oh Internet, please save us! Amen.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I know. It's really depressing. Expatriating looks better with every day that goes by.
    But where would you go? Besides risking the tyranny from other govs, ours basically has world dominance (and may not be bound by its own codes - our rights - in other countries).

Quote Originally Posted by idirtify View Post
    But where would you go? Besides risking the tyranny from other govs, ours basically has world dominance (and may not be bound by its own codes - our rights - in other countries).
    We've talked about New Zealand, Costa Rica, Dominica and Mexico.

While I'm glad for this defense of Wikileaks, I also think that Manning (if he was the one who did it) is a hero. We all want a more open and transparent government, but he was the one who put his ass on the line to get it done.

FUNNY... FOX NEWS Banned(Censored) this very thread title from their own LIVE CHAT board.

How's that for hypocrisy?
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran