Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNN Breaking news: North Korea deploys SAMs

CNN Breaking news: North Korea deploys SAMs

with the number of passenger flights that have layovers in South Korea this is very dangerous.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I really hope this is the North just talking $#@! as usual... it does seem a bit different this time though. I hope I am wrong.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    I really hope this is the North just talking $#@! as usual... it does seem a bit different this time though. I hope I am wrong.
    To me North Korea has no choice but to start war to survive and prosper!! They are just using techniques we taught them They have 2 options,lose power as a country or fight! They just have not figured out how to occupy 130 plus countries like we have to secure power! NK is just another proxy country to wage battles with china!! NK is a buffer country for china!!

AMERICA LOVES Undeclared PROXY WARS
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

the difference is South Korean public opinion wants a war, and Obama needs a war to win in 2012

what's scary is that you can't put anything past the neoconish powers that be that are behind the scenes that would love to instigate a war....

oh look NK blew up a commercial airliner!

50 years later...

Turns out NK wasn't responsible but no one cares now!

South Korea should install scanners and gropers. That'll make them safe.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    South Korea should install scanners and gropers. That'll make them safe.
    No, you're wrong!

They need to go after torrenters and pot smoking country music legends!

I am getting annoyed at all the people here who think "neocon" is synonymous with "pro-war". Neo conservatism isn't just "Christianity with tanks".

In case you haven't noticed, the agressor is North Korea. If the North starts a true assault, I will applaud the ROK defending itself.
    We accept both kinds of political theories here; No government and Anarchy. Ronpaulforums.com "Big Tent"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Promontorium View Post
    I am getting annoyed at all the people here who think "neocon" is synonymous with "pro-war". Neo conservatism isn't just "Christianity with tanks".

In case you haven't noticed, the agressor is North Korea. If the North starts a true assault, I will applaud the ROK defending itself.
    nope your right it is mormons with tanks to i hear what you are saying but many neo-cons and the right-wingers are one in the same not all but many NK will not start a war but we will. We are experts at proxy and undeclared wars!!NK is just trying to learn from the masters

every neo-con i have ever met is pro-war!!
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 11-27-2010 at 09:26 PM.

Korea is none of our business. Here is a good article that states we should be cautious and skeptical during the first days of a foreign confrontation.

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2010/112410.html
    Rand Paul for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    Korea is none of our business. Here is a good article that states we should be cautious and skeptical during the first days of a foreign confrontation.

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2010/112410.html
    Man, haven't visited that site in a loooong time. I loved Robert's books, especially Lost History.

Cue war #4 - the military industrial complex will be totally THRILLED!

-t

I am hoping this will fizzle out in the next few days and weeks.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Cue war #4 - the military industrial complex will be totally THRILLED!

-t
    save the economy start another undeclared war Korea part Deux!!
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 11-27-2010 at 10:15 PM.

North Korea has had SAMs deployed since the 1980's. Nothing new.
    http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...k/airforce.htm
    The bulk of North Korean radars are older Soviet and Chinese models with vacuum-tube technology, which limits continuous operations. The overall early warning and ground controlled intercept system is susceptible to saturation and jamming by a sophisticated foe with state-of-the-art electronic warfare capabilities. Nevertheless, the multilayered, coordinated, mutually supporting air defense structure is a formidable deterrent to air attack. Overlapping coverage and redundancy make penetration of North Korean air defenses a challenge.

The transport fleet has some 1950s- and 1960s-vintage former Soviet transports, including more than 270 An-2/COLT light transports and 10 An-24/COKEs. The COLT's ability to land on short, rough strips, makes it especially suited for the task of transporting SOF units. It can hold 10 combat troops and cruise at 160 kilometers (km) an hour. The NKAF has at least six COLT regiments and at least six regiments of attack and transport helicopters.

The DPRK, with over 8,800 AA guns, combined with SA-2, SA-3, and SA-5, and handheld SA-7 and SA-16 surface-to-air missiles, has constructed one of the world's most dense air defense networks. In the mid- 1980s, the former Soviet Union supplied SA-3/GOA surface-to-air missiles to the DPRK. The SA-3 provides short-range defense against low- flying aircraft. In 1987, the former Soviet Union provided SA-5/GAMMON surface-to-air missiles that gave Pyongyang a long-range, highaltitude, surface-to-air missile capability. The SA-2 GUIDELINE system provides medium-range, medium-altitude point defense for cities and military airfields, as well as a barrier defense along the DMZ.

SA-2 and SA-3 battalions are concentrated along the coastal corridors, while most SA-5 GAMMON battalions are located near the DMZ and are extended north to cover Pyongyang

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    No kidding. NK is a military police state. The parallel is the most militarized zone in the world. They've had elaborate bunkers and enough firepower to destroy Seoul for years in a single volley. The question is not how but if and why.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

When North Korea shoots down 10 or 20 USA figther planes, it will be something new.

True.
    But why report what isn't news.

Oh and I can't find it on CNN. But I did find this.
    http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/lat...ll-begins.html
    North Korea readies missiles as military drill begins
    YEONPYEONG, South Korea – North Korea has placed surface-to-surface missiles on launch pads in the Yellow Sea, Yonhap news agency reported on Sunday, as the United States and South Korea began joint military exercises that have upset neighbor China.

The agency also said North Korea had moved surface-to-air missiles to frontline areas, days after it shelled a tiny South Korean island killing four people. The North's official KCNA news agency warned of retaliatory action if its territory is violated.
    edit
    Also on Reuters
    http://af.reuters.com/article/energy...6AR00L20101128
    Last edited by pcosmar; 11-27-2010 at 11:18 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

We should withdraw our forces from SK IMO or at the very least get SK to start paying us for all our expenses associated with bein their protector.
    In 200 years the American people have replaced 1 dictator 3,000 miles away with 3,000 dictators 1 mile away.

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.--Benjamin Franklin

No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe
    while our legislature is in session
    .--Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by wildfirepower View Post
    When North Korea shoots down 10 or 20 USA figther planes, it will be something new.
    you have a very wild imagination

YouTube - Baghdad SHOCK and AWE 21.03.2003 21h Lokal

I think they mean they have turned on active radar on their equipment. They have very good signals intelligence on being able to tell what has been turned on and where it is.

Nothing is going to happen. This is just Kim Jong-Il teaching his son successor how to blackmail the U.S. We'll be giving them food and money as a bribe to knock it off soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Nothing is going to happen. This is just Kim Jong-Il teaching his son successor how to blackmail the U.S. We'll be giving them food and money as a bribe to knock it off soon enough.
    ^there is much wisdom in these words.

I agree. Nothing is going to happen.

Everybody will live for 10,000 years.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Serious question. Could these cold war and older era
    SAMs even lock onto the signatures of stealth jets?
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

and when the government does that, the korean dictator will laugh at the idiots who run the government.

how great it would be if a well-known politician gives his take on the situation saying the exact same words you posted. all media nationwide will be shocked by hearing just that amount of common sense.
    Last edited by low preference guy; 11-28-2010 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    Serious question. Could these cold war and older era
    SAMs even lock onto the signatures of stealth jets?
    That would depend on what if any alterations or upgrades were done.
    I don't know if NK has anti-stealth technology.

Likely they are the old radar guided type.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    That would depend on what if any alterations or upgrades were done.
    I don't know if NK has anti-stealth technology.

Likely they are the old radar guided type.
    There's another kind????
    Member of Ron Paul Forums Double Flat Tariff Only Society - Working towards eliminating all the foreign producer/outsource subsidizing internal federal taxes in favor of an across the board flat tariff applied equally to every country and every product.

Quote Originally Posted by sratiug View Post
    There's another kind????
    Yup.
    Heat seeking
    Laser guided
    Human guided

And even low tech "Hail Mary".
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Wonder if this will have any impact on family housing planned for Camp Casey?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast