Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New radio ad's terrible. Much better ideas herein.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron LOL View Post
    Cute, but go ahead and try to make an argument in favor of the ad posted to the front page. I think you might find it a tad difficult.
    Argument in favor of the ad posted to the front page.

It's an introductory bio ad. It tells people who Ron Paul is. Military service, doctor delivering 4k babies, etc. All good things. Makes Ron Paul seem like a good man.
    I don't think the goal with this particular ad is to convince dedicated libertarians to make more signs, rather to reach undecided voters, those who might not be watching the debates, and leave a good impression. I'm guessing that older voters and women might be potential targets here. I'm in favor. The grassroots is doing a great job of getting those politically active and disenchanted with the current political situation to support Ron Paul. Keep up the good work. But there are other voters needed. We aren't here because of the health care issue, but others could be, but more importantly, the overall message is that Ron Paul is a good man.

Minor quibbles with the ad, though, I think I would take out "big corporations or" - sounds like a democrat.
    "...knows our health care system needs real change" - i'm not sure about the reading on that, I'd tone it down.

Overall, good ad.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But that being said, I maintain that the boilerplate is the best place to start.
    That's primarily what convinced me to get on board so you have a point there.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think he needs Adam Currys help in this manner. He too has said he gets better videos and ads form US not his staff and is planning to tell him so. Maybe adam can lend him his expertise....here. I think we need our A game in every situtaion.

Quote Originally Posted by RP4ME View Post
    I think he needs Adam Currys help in this manner. He too has said he gets better videos and ads form US not his staff and is planning to tell him so. Maybe adam can lend him his expertise....here. I think we need our A game in every situtaion.
    Yeah, is sounds like Adam has something cooking since he mentioned it a few days ago. I wonder if he'll get into that during the show on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by davidhperry View Post
    I think you've got some good points - the ad could be better but I think we've got to take the intended audience into account.

I believe it's aimed at a different crowd (middle-aged folks) than those who would typically be attracted to Ron Paul. It would be interesting to hear what kind of stations that intend to play it on.
    Now THIS is hilarious!!!! Who do you think kept electing him back to office for TEN terms anyway?

Ron Paul is the very definition of traditional conservatism. He really is. People have just forgotten is all.

To the OP. Why don't you submit your resume with all of your vast political and marketing experience to the campaign? Better yet, why don't you run for office yourself and that way you can control every word that comes out.

Ron Paul knows how to balance his sycophants with the relatively apolitical public. This ad doesn't say much for a reason.

I like the ad, too. It's a basic introduction to Ron Paul for those who may have never heard of him. I'm sure the campaign will be running follow-up ads emphasizing different issues.

P.S. HOW many successful campaigns has Dr. Paul run??

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoConservative View Post
    The add is quite simply pure genius. My friend and I were both thrilled with it.
    The ad must resonate on the "paleoconservative" brainwave frequency, because I too liked it. And we need paleos.

RP needs to ATTACK Romney head on. Negative campaigning works and if he locks horns with a top tier guy he established himself as one of them....

Ads need to slam Romney as a flip flopper and Giuliani as a scumbag.

If RP doesnt get down and dirty we will lose

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    If RP doesnt get down and dirty we will lose
    But he can't do it until his profile is a higher. Otherwise, unless he is known for HIMSELF, he will come across to uninformed voters like a little dog grabbing the postman's cuffs. Unfortunate but true, I think.

first impressions..... are lasting impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Corydoras View Post
    But he can't do it until his profile is a higher. Otherwise, unless he is known for HIMSELF, he will come across to uninformed voters like a little dog grabbing the postman's cuffs. Unfortunate but true, I think.

going negative is not something to be done in the first ad, if ever. in similar fashion, I think the theory is to do something light for name recognition at first and then swing into heavier fare later. Politics 101, right you are.

lynn
    proof of explosives in WTC on 9/11 .....
    peer-reviewed paper in scientific journal - unreacted flakes of Thermite found in WTC dust!
    http://www.bentham.org/open/tocpj/ar...002/7TOCPJ.pdf
    videos:
    Entire Steven E Jones presentation at PNAC event in UT, Austin, Texas
    video:
    PNAC Rebuilding America's Senses Steven Jones Lecture

architects and engineers for 9/11 truth
    http://www.ae911truth.org/

I agree!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since we are on the topic of marketing... Who was the campaign genius that came up with Ron Paul -- "I dont have a message sign" -- The pathetic, message-less "Hope for America" sign.--- It doesn't even relay that he's running for PRESIDENT!!! As I've stated this in other posts... i had folks come up to my truck and ask is he running for Mayor????? Another guy asked if Ron PAul was in the Bible??? Do you see what I mean????

Are the folks up there stupid! Maybe we give them to much credit?? Is the "hope for America" sign an example of their marketing prowess? If so, its time we all pack it up and go home.

Unless...

WE get the message out. And DON'T rely on the MSM talk shows like Tucker and Leno.... Thats not going to cut it.

We must have a sign EXPLOSION! we need a 1000 times increase in the number of Ron Paul signs WITH messages!!! That can work... if you will allow yourself to bend the sign ordnances just a bit... Remember, this is a Revolution... did you forget?

If this does not happen.... its over.

Thompson supporters are going to go to huckabee... he will soon jump off the charts and surpass our man Paul. The race will then be between huck and Jive-ianni and romney

Truckinmike
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by TruckinMike View Post
    i had folks come up to my truck and ask is he running for Mayor????? Another guy asked if Ron PAul was in the Bible???
    In the Bible? LOL I think that beats the "President of what?" I got.

Yes, I think we need to start getting out the word that he's running for PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron LOL View Post
    I actually started on the first two this afternoon (which is what prompted my post) but lost steam when I realized I didn't know where to go next. One of my friends is a Cubase nerd (well, Logic these days, I think) and does production type stuff for local bands on the weekends, so he could probably find me cheap time in a booth.

Edit: oh, also, I'm working on some new signs in InDesign. I hope to finish in the next couple of days...will upload PDFs as soon as they're done.
    You can hire professionals fairly inexpensively to do the voiceover. Send Lord Xar (Dean) a private message and he will cue you in.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckinMike View Post
    I agree!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since we are on the topic of marketing... Who was the campaign genius that came up with Ron Paul -- "I dont have a message sign" -- The pathetic, message-less "Hope for America" sign.--- It doesn't even relay that he's running for PRESIDENT!!! As I've stated this in other posts... i had folks come up to my truck and ask is he running for Mayor????? Another guy asked if Ron PAul was in the Bible??? Do you see what I mean????

Are the folks up there stupid! Maybe we give them to much credit?? Is the "hope for America" sign an example of their marketing prowess? If so, its time we all pack it up and go home.

Unless...

WE get the message out. And DON'T rely on the MSM talk shows like Tucker and Leno.... Thats not going to cut it.

We must have a sign EXPLOSION! we need a 1000 times increase in the number of Ron Paul signs WITH messages!!! That can work... if you will allow yourself to bend the sign ordnances just a bit... Remember, this is a Revolution... did you forget?

If this does not happen.... its over.

Thompson supporters are going to go to huckabee... he will soon jump off the charts and surpass our man Paul. The race will then be between huck and Jive-ianni and romney

Truckinmike
    Mike,
    What do you think about those Burma Shave style signs? I think that's what they are called anyway. You know, one sign after another that tell a message. At least with those you can get across a few of his positions, in addition to his name.

YES... Berma Shave signs!!! Thats exactly what we need!!! all across america... If I was home I could make a series of signs... maybe a 6 piece set(screen printed coroplast). and sell the set for cost. It would only be about $10 for all six signs in the series. I cannot do this... but we can let professionals make the screens and print the signs. The only problem is their markup... they will not sell them at cost. We could expect to pay $3 per sign or $18 for the set. There have been some folks selling the blue 18x24 for $2... if they would be willing to make this set and charge the same... that would work. $12.

If you web gurus could run with this concept --- RP could win. We need a sign army! There are 50,000 meetup members +/-. if each one permanently posted 3 of the sets ($36) ...in their local area ... On major roads. We could pull this thing off... But its up to us!!! --- Not campaign headquarters, not leno, etc...

NOTE: Coroplast has been responsible for buying my truck and putting food on my table.... it supported me for eight years.... I experimented with TV, Radio, and newspapers... even magazines... and dollar for dollar coroplast signs plastered all over the place was a much ... I repeat, a Much more cost effective way to go. The only catch... you must put the signs up yourself.
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    transitioning to a new nation-wide slogan in the place of the revolution, in due time, would be good

I Agree... its fine for the younger folks... and they already know Ron PAul.. we must now market to the 35 and up crowd (my crowd). People that I have questioned specifically about the logo have said it reminds them of flower children of the sixties, Pot heads, etc. NOT a GOOD image. It conjures up feelings of leftist hippies.

So how about "Champion of the Constitution"

We could pull this off if we all are of the same mind. Do you believe in the Berma shave ARMY? Do you believe in nixing the revolution logo?

If we have problems here... we are done.

Truckinmike
    Last edited by TruckinMike; 10-21-2007 at 08:45 AM. Reason: added Champion of the Constituion
    ― Samuel Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12