Thread: A free market alternative to TSA

A free market alternative to TSA

Your chances of being caught up in a terrorist incident even with NO security are right up there with being struck and killed by lightning. So how about this:

If you are worried about it (or just want a thrill), you pay a search and grope fee of say $25 so you can "feel safe" and get yourself molested. Security can be turned over to Hooters and Chippendales with some extra attention available for a good tip. I KNOW it would make money!

Those that did not feel like having to arrive hours early, wait in long lines, getting groped or figuring out what you can and can't take on board and how much of it THIS WEEK, can take our chances on non-secure flights with our only protection being a locked cockpit and a pilot with a gun.

There would probably be a slight surcharge for non-secure flights for the higher insurance risk. I'm sure it would be less than the taxes paid for TSA harassment per-passenger. For that matter, has anyone seen what TSA costs us per passenger? Their budget divided by number of airline passengers would get us in the ballpark. It's probably a pretty obscene number. Yep, TSA's budget for 2011 is 8.2B (virtually all of which is used for airline security) and roughly 1.5M people fly on an average day in the USA. That comes out to $15 in TAXPAYER money per radiate and grope session. The passenger will pay an additional $3-4 in fees for this "privilege". So that comes to a total of $18-19 per passenger, one way.

Please vote for this at Freedom Watch show ideas and post to other forums!

http://freedomwatch.uservoice.com/fo...rnative-to-tsa

-t

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Voted my max.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

need help making this go viral - please vote and keep this post bumped!

-t

Lap dances for freedom?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Voted!

My choice for a free market alternative to the TSA is to allow airlines laissez-faire competition to compete for business. No TSA. Get government clear out of the tyranny business. If an airline wants to implement security checks, fine. At least, I'll have a choice.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

w00t!!!!! - Judge Nap used it - basically....

TOTAL WIN!

-t

WOW!, TOTALLY WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! This idea got carried on national media by the Judge, yet only 5 of you bothered to vote for it. How totally, $#@!ing PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-t

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The answer is to abolish the TSA and then let the airlines and the passengers decide for themselves the level of security they want.

The point is the decision has to be made by the two parties involved, the provider and the customer, not by the coercive fist of government.

See site in my signature for my post on it.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGetsIt View Post
    The answer is to abolish the TSA and then let the airlines and the passengers decide for themselves the level of security they want.

The point is the decision has to be made by the two parties involved, the provider and the customer, not by the coercive fist of government.
    What you are missing is there is a 3rd party. The nonflying public. Ya know all those people in the WTC.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    What you are missing is there is a 3rd party. The nonflying public. Ya know all those people in the WTC.
    The possibility of someone overpowering the flight crew, breaking into the cockpit and crashing the plane into a populated target approaches zero with a steel reinforced door and gun in the cockpit.

The remaining security is for the 2 parties with a vested interest in not having bombs aboard, weighed against the cons of overly invasive procedures such as desire to have yourself or loved ones seen naked, exposed to ionizing radiation or felt up.
    Last edited by RonPaulGetsIt; 11-22-2010 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGetsIt View Post
    The possibility of someone overpowering the flight crew, breaking into the cockpit and crashing the plane into a populated target approaches zero with a steel reinforced door and gun in the cockpit.

The remaining security is for the 2 parties with a vested interest in not having bombs aboard, weighed against the cons of overly invasive procedures such as desire to have yourself or loved ones seen naked, exposed to ionizing radiation or felt up.
    So a plane blowing up in the sky and falling to the earth or being damaged so that it crashes, those aren't a concern for nonflying people on the ground? The people not flying have no reason to be concerned about the safety of airplanes overhead?

Airlines should go the way of every Star Trek starship.

when in danger, AUTODESTRUCT.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    So a plane blowing up in the sky and falling to the earth or being damaged so that it crashes, those aren't a concern for nonflying people on the ground? The people not flying have no reason to be concerned about the safety of airplanes overhead?
    This theoretical scenario has existed since jets came into existence. That is why people in the aviation business standardized their practices and training.

I don't see why you see any more risk than already existed. If you wanted a perfectly safe world, you would have to limit freedom so much as to make it impossible for any significant freedom whatsoever. (a previous poster mentioned sealing the cockpit, which I agree with, btw)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Nate-ForLiberty View Post
    Airlines should go the way of every Star Trek starship.

when in danger, AUTODESTRUCT.
    pssh! I'd rather use the FORCE and a lightsaber.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    pssh! I'd rather use the FORCE and a lightsaber.
    nerd!