Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow - The Medal of Honor is a "pussy" award,not enough killing for Jesus or something

Exclamation Wow - The Medal of Honor is a "pussy" award,not enough killing for Jesus or something

Offered without comment (and I'm the first to complain how pussified we've become, but not this way):

The feminization of the Medal of Honor

Bryan Fischer

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:18 AM

http://www.afa.net/Blogs/BlogPost.aspx?id=2147500421

The Medal of Honor will be awarded this afternoon to Army Staff Sgt. Salvatore Giunta for his heroism in Afghanistan, and deservedly so. He took a bullet in his protective vest as he pulled one soldier to safety, and then rescued the sergeant who was walking point and had been taken captive by two Taliban, whom Sgt. Giunta shot to free his comrade-in-arms.

This is just the eighth Medal of Honor awarded during our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Sgt. Giunta is the only one who lived long enough to receive his medal in person.

But I have noticed a disturbing trend in the awarding of these medals, which few others seem to have recognized.

We have feminized the Medal of Honor.

According to Bill McGurn of the Wall Street Journal, every Medal of Honor awarded during these two conflicts has been awarded for saving life. Not one has been awarded for inflicting casualties on the enemy. Not one.

Gen. George Patton once famously said, "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his."

When we think of heroism in battle, we used the think of our boys storming the beaches of Normandy under withering fire, climbing the cliffs of Pointe do Hoc while enemy soldiers fired straight down on them, and tossing grenades into pill boxes to take out gun emplacements.

That kind of heroism has apparently become passe when it comes to awarding the Medal of Honor. We now award it only for preventing casualties, not for inflicting them.

So the question is this: when are we going to start awarding the Medal of Honor once again for soldiers who kill people and break things so our families can sleep safely at night?

I would suggest our culture has become so feminized that we have become squeamish at the thought of the valor that is expressed in killing enemy soldiers through acts of bravery. We know instinctively that we should honor courage, but shy away from honoring courage if it results in the taking of life rather than in just the saving of life. So we find it safe to honor those who throw themselves on a grenade to save their buddies.

Jesus, in words often cited in ceremonies such as the one which will take place this afternoon, said, “Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends” (John 15:13). So it is entirely right that we honor this kind of bravery and self-sacrifice, which is surely an imitation of the Lord of lords and King of kings.

However, Jesus’ act of self-sacrifice would ultimately have been meaningless - yes, meaningless - if he had not inflicted a mortal wound on the enemy while giving up his own life.

The significance of the cross is not just that Jesus laid down his life for us, but that he defeated the enemy of our souls in the process. It was on the cross that he crushed the head of the serpent. It was on the cross that “he disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in it” (Colossians 2:15).

The cross represented a cosmic showdown between the forces of light and the forces of darkness, and our commanding general claimed the ultimate prize by defeating our unseen enemy and liberating an entire planet from his bondage.

We rightly honor those who give up their lives to save their comrades. It’s about time we started also honoring those who kill bad guys.

(Unless otherwise noted, the opinions expressed are the author’s and do not necessarily reflect the views of the American Family Association or American Family Radio.)
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This was so obviously penned by an armchair warrior who has never seen even a hint of combat...

It is painful to read.
    The ground of liberty is to be gained by inches, and we must be contented to secure what we can get from time to time and eternally press forward for what is yet to get. It takes time to persuade men to do even what is for their own good.

http://action.afa.net/detail.aspx?id=2147486648

Here is his bio. Confirmed, not a spec of military service.
    The ground of liberty is to be gained by inches, and we must be contented to secure what we can get from time to time and eternally press forward for what is yet to get. It takes time to persuade men to do even what is for their own good.

Perhaps the author of that article should go to the front and show us all how it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by txaslftist View Post
    This was so obviously penned by an armchair warrior who has never seen even a hint of combat...

It is painful to read.
    Yes , it appears so .

Just another warmonger. There are enough of those already, and look where it's gotten us. Lots of debt and loss of both life and liberty. Being against the foreign interventions is a central point for us, and it is a major contributor to the debt and taxation.

Quote Originally Posted by txaslftist View Post
    http://action.afa.net/detail.aspx?id=2147486648

Here is his bio. Confirmed, not a spec of military service.
    Neither of his kids served either...shocking.

ETA: Take a look at the heaps of comments, 99% of them raking him over the coals. Good!
    Last edited by amy31416; 11-19-2010 at 05:10 PM.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Here's another article. The director of One Iowa, Carolyn Jenison, and the veteran referenced in the article, Frank Thorne, are close friends of mine.

http://iowaindependent.com/47636/iow...medal-of-honor

Iowa vets call on Vander Plaats to denounce statements about Medal of Honor

By Jason Hancock | 11.18.10 | 2:47 pm

Former gubernatorial hopeful Bob Vander Plaats should denounce the American Family Association’s Bryan Fischer for his claim that continuing to give the Medal of Honor to people who save American lives instead of to those who kill the enemy has “feminized” the award, a pair of Iowa veterans said in a statement Thursday.

Fischer’s organization spent nearly $140,000 financing Iowa for Freedom, a group led by Vander Plaats that successfully campaigned for the ouster of three Iowa Supreme Court justices. In addition to helping bankroll the effort, Fischer also had Vander Plaats on his radio program and spoke up for the anti-retention campaign at the Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C.

Tuesday, Fischer wrote on his blog that while Army Staff Sgt. Salvatore Giunta of Hiawatha certainly earned the Medal of Honor he was just awarded by President Barack Obama, it was time we stopped rewarding only those who saved lives and instead rewarded those who took enemy lives. Giunta earned the medal by rushing into enemy fire to aid fellow soldiers during a harrowing battle in Afghanistan in 2007.

Two Vietnam War veterans — Frank Thorne and Bob Eikleberry — joined with the LGBT-rights group One Iowa in calling for Vander Plaats to speak out against Fischer’s statements.

“Courage under fire is a concept that Bob Vander Plaats and Bryan Fisher don’t seem to understand,” Eikleberry said. “To claim that risking one’s life in the service of our country is anything less than noble disparages the men and women who risk their lives each day to protect us.”

Thorne said Fisher’s statement “dishonors Giunta’s service and the sacrifice he has made for our country.”

“With friends like this, it’s painfully clear that Bob Vander Plaats is out of step with Iowans,” said One Iowa Executive Director Carolyn Jenison. “All Iowans can be proud of Giunta’s service to our country. The honor could not be more deserved.”

Fischer attempted to clarify his argument on Thursday, pointing out he plainly said Giunta was deservedly honored for his heroism in Afghanistan.

“I’m not saying that our soldiers have become feminized in the least, especially those who have earned the Medal of Honor,” Fischer wrote. “It’s not our soldiers who have become feminized, it is the awards process that has become feminized. What I am saying is that I am observing a trend in which we single out bravery in self-defense and yet seem hesitant to single out bravery in launching aggressive attacks that result in the deaths of enemy soldiers.”

He later added: “I never even remotely suggested that we should stop honoring exceptional bravery in defense of our own troops.”

Fischer concluded that it was time America “started imitating God’s example” by celebrating soldiers who “show valor and gallantry in waging aggressive war in a just cause against the enemies of freedom, even while inflicting massive casualties in the process.”

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Perhaps the author of that article should go to the front and show us all how it's done.
    I couldn't agree more. Maybe we should email him lol.
    I GOT MY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SCIENCE DEGREE IN MY HANDS AND RAN!!!!!!! THEY'RE NEVER GETTING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!

"It is dissent from government policies that defines the true patriot and champion of liberty."

- Ron Paul

yeah, it was kind of surprising, when all the neocons on a local forum agreed with the article, saying the awards should be given out for killing the enemy, and not rescuing friendlies...
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATH View Post
    ...ask him why he should be able to have a dick since he could rape someone with it, then kick him in the vagina for good measure so he'll remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    If we could create a Department of Hookers and Blow that would keep these villains busy for their entire adult lives, and kept away from doing their stated jobs, I'd support that.

I would agree with his opinion if those are the circumstances. Not explicity kill counting, but the success in war is not in saving lives. And if those who award the Medal of Honor are intentionally skewing their decisions, then it's wrong. When you get down to it, why have so few been awarded in these two wars?

And to feed those ultra anti-war people who are disagreeing with the very notion of shooting towards those shooting at you, I have come to agree in the old saying that discretion is the better part of valor. I think people are too quick to denounce, especially when expecting social norms, the inactions of some.
    Last edited by Promontorium; 11-19-2010 at 05:46 PM.
    We accept both kinds of political theories here; No government and Anarchy. Ronpaulforums.com "Big Tent"

I don't know what's more sickening. The fact that this hatemongering coward talks glorifies war but has never served, the fact that he rights for some "pro family" organization as if there is something "pro family" about war, or the fact that he invoked Jesus, the prince of peace, to glorify killing. I wonder what he thinks about Jesus healing the servant who's ear Peter cut off with his sword? I also wonder what he thinks of Desmond Doss, the World War II medal of honor winner who refused to carry a gun?

http://www.desmonddoss.com/

YouTube - The Conscientious Objector - Desmond Doss
    Last edited by jmdrake; 11-19-2010 at 05:48 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I don't know what's more sickening. The fact that this hatemongering coward talks glorifies war but has never served, the fact that he rights for some "pro family" organization as if there is something "pro family" about war, or the fact that he invoked Jesus, the prince of peace, to glorify killing. I wonder what he thinks about Jesus healing the servant who's ear Peter cut off with his sword? I also wonder what he thinks of Desmond Doss, the World War II medal of honor winner who refused to carry a gun?

http://www.desmonddoss.com/
    Good points . I will further add that it is my opinion that people who have not served probably do not understand enough to be writing an article like this .

There's nothing nuetral about the OP title. I think the author made it abundantly clear he's not judging that the actions of the recipients were in any way "pussy", mischaracterizing the very nature of the argument has derailed this entire discussion.
    We accept both kinds of political theories here; No government and Anarchy. Ronpaulforums.com "Big Tent"

Quote Originally Posted by Promontorium View Post
    There's nothing nuetral about the OP title. I think the author made it abundantly clear he's not judging that the actions of the recipients were in any way "pussy", mischaracterizing the very nature of the argument has derailed this entire discussion.
    I expressed the authors' sentiments in the exact same way he meant them, except in a more crude fashion.

We have feminized the Medal of Honor.
    Feminzed = pussified or pussy.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

bump?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Eh.

I hate that many mainline Christians are so pro-war.

But, I don't neccessarily disagree with the article. If we were defending ourselves in a legitimate war, then honoring those who defeat our enemies is a good thing. I just can't stand the way Christians have been duped by statists...I am openly embarrassed that many Christians are so statist today. It used to be that the Christians were the ones who jealously defended their liberties in this country...

According to Bill McGurn of the Wall Street Journal, every Medal of Honor awarded during these two conflicts has been awarded for saving life. Not one has been awarded for inflicting casualties on the enemy. Not one.
    You shouldn't gain honor by killing people, you should gain honor by what he did, attempt to save a comrades life.
    For all sheeple:
    Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.
    -Pericles
    Quote Originally Posted by libertarian4321 View Post
    If the religious didn't have other religions to hate, what would they do with their time?

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    Eh.

I hate that many mainline Christians are so pro-war.

But, I don't neccessarily disagree with the article. If we were defending ourselves in a legitimate war, then honoring those who defeat our enemies is a good thing. I just can't stand the way Christians have been duped by statists...I am openly embarrassed that many Christians are so statist today. It used to be that the Christians were the ones who jealously defended their liberties in this country...
    (Fair warning, shameless family history gloating coming up)

My great Uncle, Smedley Darlington Butler, of "War is a Racket" fame, is the only man in US history to be awarded the Marine Corps. Brevet Medal and two Medals of Honor, all for separate actions.

Of the two MoHs, the first one was for rescuing a commanding officer while under heavy enemy fire at the Battle of Tientsin on July 13, 1900 during the Chinese Boxer rebellion.

The second was for storming an overwhelming, fortified force during a battle in Haiti in 1915.

Medals of Honor have routinely been awarded for both rescue and battle heroics above and beyond the call of duty.

I guess Bryan Fischer has never heard of "Tango-Mike-Mike", MSG Roy P. Benevidez.

Here is his story...YouTube - Honor at Last for Roy P
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Wow, this guy is like some kind of pussy singularity. I bet he's the same kind of $#@!head who would call the cops if a little girl was playing hopscotch in a non-regulation hopscotch arena. He worships violence, but is far too much of a coward to do any physical violence himself. Rather he supports others killing people who he doesn't like for him, but criticizes them when they don't do enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

My great Uncle, Smedley Darlington Butler, of "War is a Racket" fame, is the only man in US history to be awarded the Marine Corps. Brevet Medal and two Medals of Honor, all for separate actions.
    Smedley Butler is your great uncle AF? That's awesome, I guess civil disobedience and calling out the elitists runs in your blood, eh?

As for the article..sickening neocon drivel at it's finest. What's not heroic about saving lives?
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

I got that book for my birthday

Quote Originally Posted by Promontorium View Post
    I would agree with his opinion if those are the circumstances. Not explicity kill counting, but the success in war is not in saving lives. And if those who award the Medal of Honor are intentionally skewing their decisions, then it's wrong. When you get down to it, why have so few been awarded in these two wars?
    Much of the killing in these wars is done using Predator drones. What's "heroic" about that? I bet if you asked the soldiers who's lives are saved they would disagree with you about who most deserves a medal.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 11-20-2010 at 08:02 PM.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckinMike View Post
    I guess Bryan Fischer has never heard of "Tango-Mike-Mike", MSG Roy P. Benevidez.

All I can say is wow! Don't mess with the medic! So he "only" killed 3 and saved 8 while taking so many wounds that he had to hold his intestines in on the way back. And to some chickenhawks there is something wrong with honoring that.

The medal of honor originally came about to honor the flag bearers of the Civil War. The honor was in holding up the colors.
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

The only Medal of Honor awarded to a Coast Guard man was awarded for heroism while undertaking a rescue of Marines at Guadalcanal during WWII.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Munro

Quote Originally Posted by TruckinMike View Post

For people like Fischer, Honor and Integrity have no place in the American way of life.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post
    Smedley Butler is your great uncle AF? That's awesome, I guess civil disobedience and calling out the elitists runs in your blood, eh?
    Yes, on my paternal grandmother's side of the family.

I throw that out from time to time, when I'm feeling boastful.

That was twice in two days, so I'll keep quiet for awhile about it now.

And I certainly like to think so, although I'm a scribbling peon compared to Uncle Smedley's courage. I often wondered how I fit into the family, most of them being apolitical or mild mannered country club Republican types.

My link to SDB made things much more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    I got that book for my birthday
    It's a little dated now, but the core truths remain the same.

It's a little dated now, but the core truths remain the same.

I would be willing to bet that if people were to read "War is a Racket" today, NOT knowing when it was written, most would think it was contemporary. Unnecessary foreign interventions, the Industrial "Establishment" using government and the military to secure lucrative resources...

Sadly, some things never seem to change.

General Butler's book ought to be assigned reading in every classroom in the country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast