Thread: Looking for the complete history of the world...

Looking for the complete history of the world...

I notice a lot of topics in history posted here that I have never heard of such as Hawaii being an illegal state that we took over and faked a vote into the Union, Holodomor (just saw a thread on that today). My point is there are a lot of things that are not discussed in school/college.

I was hoping someone out there knew of a good dvd series or book series that essentially goes through every major event in history from beginning of humanity till today. I understand this would be a huge 20dvd set but hopefully something like it exists.

(I prefer a video series over book)
    Last edited by jk1; 11-19-2010 at 01:40 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Arnold Toynbee perhaps? I know he wrote a 12 volume series.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

William McNeil; 'Rise of the West'.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

Kenneth Clark's 'Civilisation' -- 12 episodes.

YouTube - Civilisation EP1#1
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by jk1 View Post
    I notice a lot of topics in history posted here that I have never heard of such as Hawaii being an illegal state that we took over and faked a vote into the Union, Holodomor (just saw a thread on that today). My point is there are a lot of things that are not discussed in school/college.

I was hoping someone out there knew of a good dvd series or book series that essentially goes through every major event in history from beginning of humanity till today. I understand this would be a huge 20dvd set but hopefully something like it exists.

(I prefer a video series over book)
    If there is ever anything specific you are interested in , let me know and I will help you .

The world was formed of a bunch of space stuff (on purpose or on accident, who knows).

Then things started to grow.

Then dinosaurs were around. They formed a centralized world government and all died out.

Then monkeys ruled the world.

Then the monkeys turned into humans. Except for some monkeys who still rule the world without us knowing.

Then stuff happened like Hitler and $#@!.

And then the government took over schools.

Now nobody really knows what happened before that because nobody is allowed to know the real stuff.

And then the USA became the USSA.

Then we elected Obama.

Humans weren't wise enough to learn from the dinosaurs.

The monkeys will rule again.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Mel Brooks did a History of the World Part II and it is on dvd.

Bill Bryson has a book that might work for that. But really, there's too much info to pack into one single book. Learning history takes a lifetime. If you're lucky, you'll understand 5-10% of it when you die.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.