Thread: Donald Trump considers taking on Palin in presidential bid

Donald Trump considers taking on Palin in presidential bid

ugh - all sorts of rosy news today...

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-bid-/1?csp=hf

Donald Trump is getting more serious about his run for the presidency in 2012.

"I am thinking about things," he told George Stephanopolous in an interview on Good Morning America this morning. "I love what I'm doing, but it could be fun because I'd like to see some positive things happen for the country. ... We cannot let the rest of the wrold beat us up. We're like a whipping post right now."

Trump, who said last month he was considering running, launched a website - shouldtrumprun.com - on Friday to gauge interest in him as a candidate. He said on GMA he is a Republican and would run as a Republican.

What about Sarah Palin? "She's very interesting. Don't underestimate her," he said. So, he'd be running against her? "If I ran, I would have no choice. I'd take her on. I like her, but I'd take her on." Trump said he will make a decision by June.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Donald Trump considers taking on Palin in presidential bid war of egos.

Thread title fixed

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...62-503544.html

Donald Trump: I'll Decide on Presidential Run by June

Real estate magnate and reality television star Donald Trump said on ABC's "Good Morning America" today that he'll make a decision about running for president in 2012 by June. Luckily for Trump, a June announcement wouldn't overlap with the upcoming Spring season of his reality show, "Celebrity Apprentice."

"It could be fun because I'd like to see some positive things happen for the country," Trump said of running for the presidency. "I'm going to make a decision probably by June."

Trump said he would consider running for president because "the respect for this country is just not there. I have many people from China that I do business with, they laugh at us. They feel we're fools. And almost being led by fools. And they can't believe what they're getting away with."

He said he would run as a Republican and could "very easily" spend more than $200 million on his campaign.

Trump acknowledged, "Would I rather be in the race or not be in the race? I can tell you, I love what I'm doing. I'm having a great time what I'm doing. I'd rather not be in the race." He said, however, he'd consider it if "the country continues to be taken advantage of by the world."

The reality TV star has speculated before about running for president.

If he were to run, Trump said he would "tax China" and tackle the price of oil.

Celebrity Apprentice viewership is 9.3 Million and that's 9.3M ppl that normally don't vote - could be a real game changer!

-t

The battle of the reality tv show presidential candidates......could be an interesting reality tv show of its own.

Trump has been doing the circuit putting his name out. Pretty much a sure thing he'll run at this point. Someone asked him if he might run for Senate. He said something like "there's only one option, and that's the one I want."
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

What qualifies him other than the fact that he's rich? I would be rich too if I inherited $35 million from my father. It's just like with Mitt Romney. It's not all that hard to be successful when you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by gls View Post
    What qualifies him other than the fact that he's rich? I would be rich too if I inherited $35 million from my father. It's just like with Mitt Romney. It's not all that hard to be successful when you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

If our country is destined to default on our debt and enter bankruptcy.....I can't think of anybody better than Trump to be at the helm.

Trump is about Trump.
    I read his book a couple years ago and he was praising Hillary Clinton and saying what a great person she is, etc. I would not trust the Donald at all.

Having said that, he is anti-war, but it seems he is far to intertwined into the status quo to make a difference.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredom101 View Post
    Trump is about Trump.
    I read his book a couple years ago and he was praising Hillary Clinton and saying what a great person she is, etc. I would not trust the Donald at all.

Having said that, he is anti-war, but it seems he is far to intertwined into the status quo to make a difference.
    Trump reminds me of Alan Grayson .

Trump is about Trump.

> We cannot let the rest of the wrold beat us up. We're like a whipping post right now."

> If he were to run, Trump said he would "tax China" and tackle the price of oil.

That sounds like more war to me...

-t

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The battle of the reality tv show presidential candidates......could be an interesting reality tv show of its own.
    The sad part is ... a person could probably come a long way to winning an election that way.

If the GOP offered to help a winner of a candidate reality show to get on the primary ballots - I would bet that person would end up with a HUGE chance of winning.

After weekly contests, occasional debates, town hall type things ... people would be somewhat endeared to the winner and would feel compelled to vote for the person on the ballot.

Sheesh

Can't we find more attractive puppets to run for president? The talking heads on the news are at least nice to look at.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Krugerrand View Post
    The sad part is ... a person could probably come a long way to winning an election that way.

If the GOP offered to help a winner of a candidate reality show to get on the primary ballots - I would bet that person would end up with a HUGE chance of winning.

After weekly contests, occasional debates, town hall type things ... people would be somewhat endeared to the winner and would feel compelled to vote for the person on the ballot.
    Is that so far off from what we have today? Candidates give speeches, do town halls, debates, fund raising savey is tested and the ability to write and sell a platform.

Yeah, elections seem a lot like reality shows with the exception that participants don't go head to head as much.

-t

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Can't we find more attractive puppets to run for president? The talking heads on the news are at least nice to look at.
    Well, we could have had O'Donnell... - you know, miss "I am not a witch, I'm you"

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Well, we could have had O'Donnell... - you know, miss "I am not a witch, I'm you"

-t
    I may take odonnell over trump . Thinking about that makes my head hurt .

The Presidency has turned into a celebrity office. Well, it won't be too much longer at least until the pillars crash and burn. Something, something, worship of jackals by jackasses
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "worship of jackals by jackasses"

I think that's a Doug Casey quote.

"worship of jackals by jackasses"

I think that's a Doug Casey quote.
    H.L. Mencken.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)