Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Anarchy, Why I think it's the only answer...

Christian Anarchy, Why I think it's the only answer...

Why would I say that Christian Anarchy is the only sensible answer... Let me count the ways...

1. Most here believe that we have "inailenable rights" although most don't know why our rights
    are inailenable. The old guys who founded this fiction called USA understood them to be so
    because they believed we were CREATED with them (by a Creator). Remember the common
    words that most believe in such "All men are created equal, endowed by their Creator with certain
    inalienable rights, among them are..." Certainly if you cut out a belief in "the Creator" you gut
    the authority for rights in the preceeding ideal. If you cut the Creator, where does the authority
    for your creation of rights come from? Little green men? The Id? Do you simply believe they
    are "just there"? Why?? If your rights come from a Creator who is of course great enough to
    create you and your rights, then they are truly inailenable due to the fact that someone at least
    as "great" as your "Creator" would be needed to destroy them. Certainly a mere man is not
    as great as that which created him so a man would not be "great" enough to destroy what was
    "created" by his "creator".

2. As Christians, the old guys who founded the fiction USA understood the Christian idea that all
    men were sinners and none are "good" enough to be entrusted with "ruling" over any other men.
    Therefore they tried a "new" idea never before tried in history. Was it a "republic"? No, Rome
    was a republic as well as others. The "new" idea was "soverignty", another idea that came from
    Christianity. All men are Kings and Princes in Christ, Paul said (or at least someone who we have
    been led to believe was Paul). So the "experiment" was to put men in the rightful position as
    "creator" of the fiction USA. As "creators", the fiction USA could have no authority over over
    it's creators any more than we can have authority over God. No authority = anarchy.

3. The "experiment" has failed miserably as man (the rightful authority over the fiction USA)
    has "forgotten" that each one is "over" his "servant" fiction USA and has allowed the fiction
    to take on a form and power which is simulating a true entity (which it is not). Man has
    neglected his own Creator which is the rightful authority over him and has forsaken his
    stewardship of keeping the fiction USA in line.

4. Since the fiction USA is no longer within the authority of it's creator man, the fiction ceases
    to exist. It is replaced by REAL MEN who are acting out as if they have some authority from
    this "fiction" that allows them to use FORCE over their fellow man. These real men who use
    force are violating the rights of their fellow man. Most are deceived into believing that the fiction
    really exists and gives them some magical power over others.

5. Since they have no legitimate power, we are already living in anarchy, you just don't know it
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I agree with a lot in this post.

If you took away the State entirely tomorrow, Christians and Christian churches would be fine. We would even thrive under our own voluntary self-regulation.

In fact, churches are the greatest argument for voluntary self-governmemt there are if you think about it.

I see Gene has brought his agenda trolling to this forum now. Have fun with him.

After reading it again, I see the troll in it. I got duped

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    After reading it again, I see the troll in it. I got duped
    No trolling here. This is my philosophy and it's completely in line with the "Philosophy of Liberty". My blog is:

http://www.freewebs.com/christiananarchist/

I also spent a great deal of time and effort on the Ron Paul 2008 campaign. I'm now getting ready to set up an ILDA laser system to advertise RON PAUL 2012 ..

THIS ONE

The OP gets my stamp of approval.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Where is the Testimony?

"Christian anarchy" is an oxymoron. Nowhere in the Bible does God ever praise a society without rulers (where every person does what is right in his own eyes). I see no Scriptural support in the OP for the anarchy he describes, especially for one who calls himself a Christian. The Bible is our final standard, so if you're going to argue the case for "Christian anarchy," then it needs to align with the Word.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    "Christian anarchy" is an oxymoron. Nowhere in the Bible does God ever praise a society without rulers (where every person does what is right in his own eyes). I see no Scriptural support in the OP for the anarchy he describes, especially for one who calls himself a Christian. The Bible is our final standard, so if you're going to argue the case for "Christian anarchy," then it needs to align with the Word.
    False. You fail again, theo.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/carson2.html
    And the LORD told him: "Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will do."
    Samuel told all the words of the LORD to the people who were asking him for a king. He said, "This is what the king who will reign over you will do: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots. Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plough his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants. He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. Your menservants and maidservants and the best of your cattle and donkeys he will take for his own use. He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves. When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, and the LORD will not answer you in that day." (I Samuel 8:7-18)
    Here, the Bible makes it absolutely clear that the change from the Mosaic anarchy to what by today's standards would be a "limited government" will have terrible consequences and shows a tremendous lack of faith in G-d. This passage makes clear that the people of Israel committed a grievous sin when they rejected G-d's anarchy for a State.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The Failure of Forming a Doctrine From One Passage

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    And the LORD told him: "Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will do."
    Samuel told all the words of the LORD to the people who were asking him for a king. He said, "This is what the king who will reign over you will do: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots. Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plough his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants. He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. Your menservants and maidservants and the best of your cattle and donkeys he will take for his own use. He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves. When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, and the LORD will not answer you in that day." (I Samuel 8:7-18)
    Here, the Bible makes it absolutely clear that the change from the Mosaic anarchy to what by today's standards would be a "limited government" will have terrible consequences and shows a tremendous lack of faith in G-d. This passage makes clear that the people of Israel committed a grievous sin when they rejected G-d's anarchy for a State.
    Gee, HB34. I guess the Bible has nothing else to say about the nature of civil government after I Samuel 8.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

As if what happened prior to this event was "Mosaic anarchy" to begin with. This Scripture says nothing about a transition from anarchy to monarchy. It is about transitioning from theocracy to monarchy. If you'll remember, this whole event was caused by Samuel's sons abusing their authority in Israel.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Gee, HB34. I guess the Bible has nothing else to say about the nature of civil government after I Samuel 8.

It has plenty of other things to say, but I wanted something that would fit into 1 post. If you want a more detailed treatise, see Anarchy and Chiristianity by Jacques Ellul as well as Leo Tolstoy's "Confession", "What Then Must We Do?", and "The Kingdom of God is Within You".

P.S. here is a free version of the last chapter of "The Kingdom of God is within You.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 11-15-2010 at 12:07 AM.

It has plenty of other things to say, but I wanted something that would fit into 1 post. If you want a more detailed treatise, see Anarchy and Chiristianity by Jacques Ellul as well as Leo Tolstoy's "Confession", "What Then Must We Do?", and "The Kingdom of God is Within You".

P.S. here is a free version of the last chapter of "The Kingdom of God is within You.
    Tolstoy is very interesting to me. I have to admit, that I have not read alot of what he has to say but I seem to be in agreement with him. I came to be a "Christian Anarchist" by my own reasoning. Many years ago (in usenet newsgroups for anyone who can remember back so far) I met a poster by the moniker of "Onry Anarchist" who convinced me that anarchy is the reality and "government" is the fiction. But ol' Onry was an athiest. I really like the guy but I still had my belief in God and had to reconcile this difference. I then determined that I was no longer a "libertarian" but something I thought I'd invented - a "Christian Anarchist". I liked the sound of it. It was shocking and sounded like a contradiction. Not much later I typed "Christian Anarchist" into a search engine and found that I had not actually invented this term but that many others had been there already (I guess there's no new thing under the sun ).

THIS ONE

Another Christian Anarchist here. Maybe there are more of us than we thought?
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

As an Atheist and an Anarchist, I welcome Christian Anarchists with open arms.
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Another Christian Anarchist here. Maybe there are more of us than we thought?
    This is an encouraging trend.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesker1982 View Post
    Same here.

I hope so!
    I believe a lot of "mainstream" Christians have a feeling deep-down that something is wrong but they just are not quite able to place their finger on what it is. I know that's how I felt. Then when I realized that the only "real rules" are the ones that come from our Creator, things started making sense. Every rule that man makes is defective in one way or another and infringes on the God-given rights of someone.

THIS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    I believe a lot of "mainstream" Christians have a feeling deep-down that something is wrong but they just are not quite able to place their finger on what it is. I know that's how I felt.
    I remember feeling this way when I was really young, 8 or 9 years old all the way up until I realized I was a voluntaryist. For a while I thought it was just teenage angst or whatever, but the way things were still just didn't seem right to me though.

Now I understand why I felt this way for so long. Its liberating and frustrating at the same time. Sometimes I feel like it would be easier if all I was concerned about was football and celebrity scandals.

For in much wisdom is much vexation, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow. - Ecclesiastes 1:18

a sticking point

I believe a lot of "mainstream" Christians have a feeling deep-down that something is wrong but they just are not quite able to place their finger on what it is. I know that's how I felt. Then when I realized that the only "real rules" are the ones that come from our Creator, things started making sense. Every rule that man makes is defective in one way or another and infringes on the God-given rights of someone.
    Are you of the view that God-given rights are positive or negative? I'm of the opinion that negative rights are superior. For example, the "right" to ownership is better expressed as "no one has the right to take what is not rightfully his without permission".

Are you of the view that God-given rights are positive or negative? I'm of the opinion that negative rights are superior. For example, the "right" to ownership is better expressed as "no one has the right to take what is not rightfully his without permission".
    I guess I really don't see much difference between the two. I've never though about it in those terms, but when I think about it, they seem to be the same 2 me...

THIS ONE

I guess I really don't see much difference between the two. I've never though about it in those terms, but when I think about it, they seem to be the same 2 me...
    Negative rights restrain other persons or groups from infringing on your liberties and can be defended and well-defined, while positive rights only exist in theory. Positive rights are also very subjective. One person might think x is an expression of "freedom of speech" while y may consider the same words to be "libelous".

We can, however, establish positive rights on our respective properties. For example, y could say that children from x house have the right to play in the backyard of y under certain conditions.

Also, recall the ten commandments. This is a list of negative rights (or privileges, if you prefer). Such a list of negative rights, if observed, is more effective.

Clear enough?

Negative rights restrain other persons or groups from infringing on your liberties and can be defended and well-defined, while positive rights only exist in theory. Positive rights are also very subjective. One person might think x is an expression of "freedom of speech" while y may consider the same words to be "libelous".

We can, however, establish positive rights on our respective properties. For example, y could say that children from x house have the right to play in the backyard of y under certain conditions.

Also, recall the ten commandments. This is a list of negative rights (or privileges, if you prefer). Such a list of negative rights, if observed, is more effective.

Clear enough?
    This is a little better definition, I think...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negativ...ositive_rights

I have to say that my own philosophy is in line with negative rights...
    Last edited by ChristianAnarchist; 11-18-2010 at 07:20 PM.

THIS ONE

that's good as well ^^

Oh, I was just "reminded" of this link that is a very good explanation of how belief in a "government" is participation in a cult...

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/cultof.htm

There are many here who believe that your rights exist because your "government" says they do, but since "government" is nothing but a fictious cult, where does the "power" come from to create or destroy rights?

THIS ONE

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    there are only rights. there is no such thing as positive rights or negative rights. don't allow an orwellian manipulation of words to give legitimacy to violations of rights.

as Rand Paul said, if you have a right to health care, i'm your slave. there is no right to enslave anyone, so please cut the nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    there are only rights. there is no such thing as positive rights or negative rights. don't allow an orwellian manipulation of words to give legitimacy to violations of rights.

as Rand Paul said, if you have a right to health care, i'm your slave. there is no right to enslave anyone, so please cut the nonsense.
    This is incoherent. The latter sentence contradicts the first.

What is the nature of civil government? Using the bible to argue against anarchy is only possible when Romans 13 is taken out of context to Romans 12, which not to fight evil with evil. It does not in anyway legitimize taking a land to establish a monopoly of law and order through violence. Rebelling/resisting is not the same as opposing.
    Last edited by un.privileged; 11-20-2010 at 07:18 PM.

Negative rights restrain other persons or groups from infringing on your liberties and can be defended and well-defined, while positive rights only exist in theory. Positive rights are also very subjective. One person might think x is an expression of "freedom of speech" while y may consider the same words to be "libelous"...
    How does a “negative”, or any “right”, restrain other people from doing something?

The term “right”, in a non-legal sense, often means a justified (or possibly justified) use of force to protect ones property, with property objectively defined.
    Last edited by robert68; 11-21-2010 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post
    How does a “negative”, or any “right”, restrain other people from doing something?

The term “right”, in a non-legal sense, often means a justified (or possibly justified) use of force to protect ones property, with property objectively defined.
    Rights do not restrain someone from action. It merely defines when an action is a VIOLATION of said right. What you do about the "violation" is another subject...

THIS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by un.privileged View Post
    What is the nature of civil government? Using the bible to argue against anarchy is only possible when Romans 13 is taken out of context to Romans 12, which not to fight evil with evil. It does not in anyway legitimize taking a land to establish a monopoly of law and order through violence. Rebelling/resisting is not the same as opposing.
    Quick bible study from the "Christian Anarchist"...

From my reading of Romans 13, Paul is being a bit sneaky in his writing. When I read the first four verses, it's clear to me Paul is speaking of Heavenly powers, not earthly ones. "Let every soul be subject unto the HIGHER POWERS. For there is no power but of God: ..." people who "resisteth" ... "receive to themselves damnation." Why? because these guys are "not a terror to good works, but to the evil." and don't be afraid of the power because "do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good."

Doesn't sound like anyone I've ever seen on TV representing those thugs in Washington...

THIS ONE

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast