Thread: Free Pass to run someone down! [Mod note: Graphic images]

Free Pass to run someone down! [Mod note: Graphic images]

Haven't been on here in a while, but I thought I would drop in to share a story. Yesterday while riding my bicycle, I got hit from behind by an obviously destracted driver. I was going 15 and she was probably going 60ish. Her passenger mirror clipped my left wrist cutting it badly, and ripping the mirror off the car! After going to the ER and getting stitches, the responding officer informed me that I DID NOT have the right of way and he was going to write up the report as "No Fault". I've since got a copy of Bicycle Rules in GA. According to them a bicycle is a legitimate vehicle and carries all the laws as a regular vehicle. So for now the report states that I was maintaining my lane when the car struck me from behind, but there was "no fault" Unbelievable! Free pass to run someone down!!!!

http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/q...oss312/384.jpg

http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/q...oss312/383.jpg
    Last edited by JoshLowry; 11-11-2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Changed images to links.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those pics might upset a few people since we just passed lunch time in a number of time zones. I changed them to urls. Hope you don't mind.

I also hope you heal quickly and lawyer up.

Yes, get a lawyer ASAP.

Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhh
    MyLibertyStuff.com - Funny political shirts for conservatives, libertarians, tea party members and more

MyLibertyStuff.com Facebook

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." – Goethe

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." – Thomas Jefferson

jesus
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Damn, that's pretty messed up.

That'll teach you, get a big SUV you damn hippie.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    That'll teach you, get a big SUV you damn hippie.

That's pretty much the mentality I'm up against. I was as nice as I could be to the girl that hit me and the deputy. The girl was really sorry, but I got a little, "bikes are for kids or hippies" from the cop.

Quote Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
    That's pretty much the mentality I'm up against. I was as nice as I could be to the girl that hit me and the deputy. The girl was really sorry, but I got a little, "bikes are for kids or hippies" from the cop.
    If it wasn't clear, I was joking. Get a lawyer, should be free for consultation at the minimum. No reason you shouldn't get some pain and suffering $$$ out of it, plus cover your medical.

I knew that. I'm fond of sarcasm myself.