Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ANN COULTER: Maybe Sen. Rand Paul is our candidate if Christie refuses to run.

ANN COULTER: Maybe Sen. Rand Paul is our candidate if Christie refuses to run.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Modern_Matthew View Post
    Bitch! What's wrong with ole Dad??

Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    Bitch! What's wrong with ole Dad??
    Goes to show you how great of a campaign Rand ran.

It will be interesting to watch how many Ann Coulter-types distance themselves from him once he starts sounding more like Ron.

she also links to the Daily Paul. impressive.

I don't think it happens. Rand (I've said this for a while) is better than Ron at delivering the message. It's fair to note, he's been able to see where Ron went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    I don't think it happens. Rand (I've said this for a while) is better than Ron at delivering the message. It's fair to note, he's been able to see where Ron went wrong.
    I don't know any place where Ron went wrong. He tells things like they are and that's what made the Ron Paul movement possible. Without such movement Rand Paul's campaign would not have been able to get started.

Goes to show you how great of a campaign Rand ran.

It will be interesting to watch how many Ann Coulter-types distance themselves from him once he starts sounding more like Ron.
    He's already sounding like Ron, and she linked an interview of him (posted on the Daily Paul) sounding like Ron.
    FC2

Inflation is the opium of the people. - Henry Hazlitt

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Meh, there are people here like myself who agree with Ron and have had minor or perceived disagreements with Rand.. but I agree his message is better suited for the average Republican.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If he keeps knocking out interview after interview on national TV like he has been since he's been elected, more and more Republicans (like Coulter) are going to fall for him.

He's positioning himself as the voice of the Republican party right now. Every time he speaks its with strength, confidence, sincerity, calmness; he's direct, clear, and concise.

2016 is too far away.
    FC2

Inflation is the opium of the people. - Henry Hazlitt

Quote Originally Posted by jabf2006 View Post
    If he keeps knocking out interview after interview on national TV like he has been since he's been elected, more and more Republicans (like Coulter) are going to fall for him.

He's positioning himself as the voice of the Republican party right now. Every time he speaks its with strength, confidence, sincerity, calmness; he's direct, clear, and concise.
    Well said. This is the way it is. True leaders don't need the title.

Weigel seems to have retweeted Ann's tweet, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Weigel seems to have retweeted Ann's tweet, by the way.
    Weigel is a nihilistic psycho

Ron Paul had a good run at a Texas Primary at one time.

#1 It's just that he didn't have a nation wide base that was as large back then.
    and
    #2 Texas is big market whereas Kentucky was small market. It's easier for a nation wide Paul campaign to take over Kentucky than it is a giant state like Texas. This isn't the only factors but they contribute.

I think Ron is still the better messenger for now. We don't even know how Rand will vote yet.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

So true. Ron makes critical mistakes on occasion, in terms of messaging.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    I think Ron is still the better messenger for now. We don't even know how Rand will vote yet.
    nor does anyone else. Rand would be running in primaries within 5 months of being sworn in. I can easily see him being chosen as a VP (the parade of hopefuls through KY this year hints at that.)

It has occurred to me that with his subcommittee chairship, Ron may decide not to run, though. He'll go where he thinks he can do the most good, imho.

I think Rand is great, but Ron has the record, at this point.

I have deemed Rand a "stealth" candidate running a "semi-stealth" campaign. Rand doesn't talk about ending the wars, ending the income tax, privatizing social security, ending the war on drugs and a whole myriad of other issues.

He sounds a lot more like a Reagan than a Paul, but, he was doing what he had to do to get elected. Ron on the other hand says exactly what he believes and talks in a philisophical sense.

Rand has a better shot at actually "moving up" in the political world and becoming President whereas he doesn't inspire people (at least me) anywhere near the scale at which Ron inspires me.

Ron = educator
    Rand = politician

board

This board has become more anarchist or at a minimum tolerant of anarchists as time has passed since its start.

That's how most Paul supporters are as they get slowly drawn in so if Coulter likes Rand, it probably isn't too large of a jump to end up liking Ron.

This board has become more anarchist or at a minimum tolerant of anarchists as time has passed since its start.

That's how most Paul supporters are as they get slowly drawn in so if Coulter likes Rand, it probably isn't too large of a jump to end up liking Ron.
    she doesn't need any jump. she already said she wanted Ron Paul to run for president.

How do you know Mr. Join Date December 2009 :P
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Old accounts

This is a distraction. Coulter is rallying her base to Christie. She knows Rand wont run for prez. Shes playing us people
    Thanks liberty Eagle
    I am a mid-west farmer, I make a livin' off the land,
    I ride a John Deere tractor, I'm a liberated man.
    But the rain it hasn't fallen, since the middle of July,
    And if it don't come soon my crops will die.
    The bank man says he likes me, but there's nothin' he can do
    He tells me that he's comin' but the clouds are comin' too.
    He ain't my friend:
    And I'll ride again

Veteran of the Bloody battle of NPR
    Valor
    http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/...rs/badge16.jpg

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    Rand Paul 2016
    I love Ron Paul but the age thing is catching up with him whether we like it or not. He will always be my first pick for President but reality dictates -- because of the age thing -- we choose a younger candidate.

IMHO, 2012 is out of the question for Rand. A better scenario would be for Obama to get re-elected in 2012 and Rand run against the Democrats in 2016. I have no doubt the masses will be sick of the dems by the time the 2016 elections come around. The timing will be perfect. We work to remove the neocons in the 2012 Congressional elections and finish the job in 2016. We Ron Paul Republicans could have a clean sweep -- take both houses of Congress and the Presidency.

We started cleaning out the neocons in 2006 and continued in 2008, and 2010. We still have 2012 and 2014 to get rid of the remaining neocon parasites before the 2016 election. I want to see Ron Paul make the keynote speech at the 2016 National Republican Convention. If we are smart and do our job, Rand should not have a problem getting the Republican nomination for President.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dripping Rain View Post
    This is a distraction. Coulter is rallying her base to Christie. She knows Rand wont run for prez. Shes playing us people
    Good observation.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Smile i too am in shock!

jack conway... you get to enjoy!

its amazing what a lil ole vicrtory does!

sarah palin's young 'un is still dancing up a storm!!! some say tea party.
    sarah palin trounces ms. ann coulter in any GOP mud~wrasslin contest!

If Ron doesn't win the Republican primary, I might be rooting for Obama to win re-election (won't vote for him though) just so Rand could win it all in 2016. The whole republican party will love him, and by 2016 if he talks about being anti-war he could take some dems with him too.
    The Heart of Conservatism is Libertarianism - Ronald Reagan

i believe ron and rand will very easily reach recognition between themselves as in what to do and who should run in the country's interest and not in their personal interest.. asking whether it should be ron or rand still two years out is really the least of their supporters' priorities right now, as far as i am concerned.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Dripping Rain View Post
    I don't know. If you closely examine Christie's policies, he's very much a RINO with a fiscal conservative streak. Coulter actually likes to hear Rand speak and defend tried and true conservative policies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast