Thread: Rand Paul on CNN Situation Room today...

Rand Paul on CNN Situation Room today...

http://twitter.com/wolfblitzercnn/st...95611193065472

I am pretty sure Rand Paul was already on because of this:
    http://twitter.com/mleewelch/status/2127484808073216

So, post the tube whoever finds it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just saw it, same old stuff about cutting across the board. Rand also said he's going to ask the ethics committee if he can still practice eye surgery once in office.

partial video of the interview from TPM

YouTube - Rand Paul: I Am Not An Earmarker!

Rand Paul: I Am Not An Earmarker!

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Just saw it, same old stuff about cutting across the board. Rand also said he's going to ask the ethics committee if he can still practice eye surgery once in office.
    It's funny how sayings/argument from a politician get really redundant if you watch every one of their interviews and speeches LOL

I feel like I could give a Ron or Rand speech right now verbatim

But the interesting thing is that most people will never see any of the appearances and only a handful will see more than one

Here's more, still not the complete video though.

edit: see entire video a few posts down

YouTube - Paul says 'no' to earmarks
    Last edited by jct74; 11-09-2010 at 06:36 PM.

Rand just said he doesn't want to ban birth control pills. Not that I disagree, but I wasn't familiar with this.

excellent interview. Thank you for the link

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    Rand just said he doesn't want to ban birth control pills. Not that I disagree, but I wasn't familiar with this.
    WTF...is anyone familiar with this charge?

It's almost like they make up a charge so they can run the headline.
    They know most people won't read the article but just see the name w/ the charge

for example, Low preference guy, how do you respond to the charge that you hate Mexicans?

:: proceeds to run story titled "LowPreferenceGuy denies hating Mexicans" ::
    Last edited by DeadheadForPaul; 11-09-2010 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadheadForPaul View Post

They know most people won't read the article but just see the name w/ the charge

for example, Low preference guy, how do you respond to the charge that you hate Mexicans?

:: proceeds to run story titled "LowPreferenceGuy denies hating Mexicans"
    Yes, but Rand can't do anything but respond.

RonPaulCult

Wow - even Wolf couldn't help but break his Wolf-man silence and agree with the common sense of Rand Paul.

AMAZING, AMAZING!

:: proceeds to run story titled "LowPreferenceGuy denies hating Mexicans"
    This is exactly how they operate with conservatives and libertarians. Create a story and then run with it to build up the narrative in the minds of the viewers (or voters...).

Ok, just watched the video. Rand is great!! So reasonable, articulate and right on the issues. Definitely the leader of the Tea Party!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnEngland View Post
    Ok, just watched the video. Rand is great!! So reasonable, articulate and right on the issues. Definitely the leader of the Tea Party!
    I'm so glad he's being treated as such. Much more articulate than say Sarah Palin. And more principled.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow that was a great interview. Rand has impressed me with all of his points and brings a great perspective to the table.

That was a spectacular interview. Any small inklings of doubt I previously had about Rand have been swept away.
    I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson

I think I'm going to use Rond for now on with those in the know.

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    For those who want to know more about why pro-life folks have concerns on this issue:
    http://www.baylyblog.com/2009/03/med...lles-heel.html

Already, chemical abortions comprise over twenty percent of current abortions, and the proportion is growing rapidly. In a private e-mail sent to Planned Parenthood Federation of America on July 9, 2007, Danco Laboratories LLC (the pharmaceutical firm distributing one of the chemical abortifacients, Mifeprex) reported: "In the five years following FDA approval (2000-2005), more than 750,000 U.S. women have used Mifeprex." This means over 150,000 women per year are taking Mifeprex to kill their unborn child. But Mifeprex is only one of the growing list of chemical agents being deployed... (the link above is one of the few on this subject)

Quote Originally Posted by radiofriendly View Post
    For those who want to know more about why pro-life folks have concerns on this issue:
    http://www.baylyblog.com/2009/03/med...lles-heel.html

Already, chemical abortions comprise over twenty percent of current abortions, and the proportion is growing rapidly. In a private e-mail sent to Planned Parenthood Federation of America on July 9, 2007, Danco Laboratories LLC (the pharmaceutical firm distributing one of the chemical abortifacients, Mifeprex) reported: "In the five years following FDA approval (2000-2005), more than 750,000 U.S. women have used Mifeprex." This means over 150,000 women per year are taking Mifeprex to kill their unborn child. But Mifeprex is only one of the growing list of chemical agents being deployed... (the link above is one of the few on this subject)
    Birth control, the morning after pill, and chemical abortions are all very different things. Only one involves actually destroying the cells / killing the unborn child. Rand Paul made it clear during the election that he does not support banning birth control or the morning after pill.

Good interview. I'd like to see Rand put out a preliminary budget sometime in December, though.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

Rand is still in campaign mode.

Quote Originally Posted by BenIsForRon View Post
    Good interview. I'd like to see Rand put out a preliminary budget sometime in December, though.
    i'd let him get sworn in first

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherder View Post
    Birth control, the morning after pill, and chemical abortions are all very different things. Only one involves actually destroying the cells / killing the unborn child. Rand Paul made it clear during the election that he does not support banning birth control or the morning after pill.
    NARAL deliberately misconstrued things.

When people say "birth control", they usually mean the pill responsible for preventing pregnancies.

In reality, almost no one argues against that (though there are some).

The issue is over pills that terminate post-fertilization eggs.

Rand answered the question by thinking about regular birth control. He actually dodged a bullet with his response to the vague topic of "birth control" because he didn't really take a position on the "chemical abortions"

I'm actually not 100% sure where he stands on the issue (and really don't care).

Quote Originally Posted by Magsec View Post
    Rand is still in campaign mode.
    Committee assignments upcoming. Also the progs are threatening to try to abolish the filibuster in the lame duck session and he is their exhibit A for how awful it will be to continue to have a filibuster. The fact is, he can never overuse his prerogatives because if he does to too great an extent, they will change the rules.

NARAL deliberately misconstrued things.

When people say "birth control", they usually mean the pill responsible for preventing pregnancies.

In reality, almost no one argues against that (though there are some).

The issue is over pills that terminate post-fertilization eggs.

Rand answered the question by thinking about regular birth control. He actually dodged a bullet with his response to the vague topic of "birth control" because he didn't really take a position on the "chemical abortions"

I'm actually not 100% sure where he stands on the issue (and really don't care).
    I'm pretty sure he came out against chemical birth abortions, but supported Plan B (the morning after pill which prevents conception). I'm going to do some digging.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan11 View Post
    I think I'm going to use Rond for now on with those in the know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherder View Post
    Rand made it clear during the election that he believes life begins at conception. The rest all follows from that.