Thread: Ron Paul supports Jeb Hensarling for the Republican House Conference Chair

Ron Paul supports Jeb Hensarling for the Republican House Conference Chair

Dr. Paul is backing Jeb Hensarling over Michelle Bachman for the House Republican Conference Chair:

http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal...-whip-co-6.php

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Could be a comprimise he has to do for them to support him for chair of his sub comittee...
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

In the sausage machine that is Washington, probably better to have someone in that position from a "safe" district. Bachman was not a landslide winner in her district.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Probably because he's from Texas.

what is a 'hensarling' anyway?
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    Could be a comprimise he has to do for them to support him for chair of his sub comittee...
    I was thinking that, and also they may well be friends, since both are Texas congressmen.

Jeb's been a good guy on the Financial Services Committee. Like RP says, it's usually within the first couple months when he can tell if these congress critters are there to change Washington DC or profit from it.

[h1]Jeb Hensarling Wins Support from Tea Party Republicans[/h1]
    November 09, 2010 12:12 PM

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/201...publicans.html

Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas) maintains that he is the best candidate for House Republican Conference chair, and a few Tea Party Republicans are on board. The Texas Congressman is currently seen as the front-runner for the position.
    “People in the conference who know my record support me,” Hensarling said, “The people in the Tea Party – I’m very happy for example Ron Paul is endorsing me for this particular race, as is Mike Pence.”

Hensarling said he is well-known as a devout fiscal conservative, and has a history of taking on his party, most noticeably when he led the charge for earmark reform and opposed the bailout package, moves he said should win him favor with the anti-establishment movement.
    "In many respects, I guess I would say I was into Tea Party before there was a Tea Party."

Yet Tea Party icon and founder of the newly formed Tea Party Caucus Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) is challenging Hensarling for the leadership post, and her bid has won public support amongst a small – i.e. smaller than Hensarling’s – group of Republicans. Bachmann, along with other Tea Party luminaries, is angling for influence in the new GOP order. Her challenge has given rise to rumors of in-party fighting, but Hensarling said the race with the Minnesota representative won’t dissolve into a messy fight.

“Michele is a good friend and we kind of committed to each other this would be the friendliest race in conference history,” said Hensarling. “Hopefully, it’s living up to its billing. I’m confident that I’m going to win and she very well may be confident she’s going to win, and we’ll see what happens next week.”
    Should he win the chair, Hensarling would be one of the few new additions to the GOP leadership, whose current makeup – with presumptive House Speaker John Boehner and incoming Majority Leader Eric Cantor – is fairly similar to that of the last session. As a new seat at the table, Hensarling said he would bring strong conservative leadership and a commitment to fiscal sustainability.

“I'm one of the top 2 or 3 or 4 most conservative members in the House of Representatives when it comes to economics. I have a knowledge of budget issues, and I think we're going to spend a lot of time in the next two years talking about these issues,” he said.
    If Hensarling becomes House Republican Conference chair, he said Republicans in Congress could rely on his conservative track record. The congressman pointed to his previous actions such as looking for savings when they couldn’t be found, fighting earmarks, and battling the bailout as proof of his qualifications for this job.

“I think if you want to know where someone is going, look where they've been,” he said. “And I think as my conference looks at my record, see where I have been, they'll know where I'm going.”
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 11-09-2010 at 01:10 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

If it gets Ron Paul the chairmanship, I'm all for it

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.