Thread: Black Caucus mum on Tea Party Republican who wants to join

Black Caucus mum on Tea Party Republican who wants to join

The Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) is staying silent about a Tea Party Republican's bid to join the group.

Rep.-elect Allen West (R-Fla.) indicated last week he intends to join the CBC to challenge the group's "monolithic voice."

"I plan on joining, I'm not gonna ask for permission or whatever, I'm gonna find out when they meet and I will be a member of the Congressional Black Caucus," West, one of two black Republicans elected to Congress last Tuesday, told WOR radio. "I meet all of the criteria, and it's so important that we break down this monolithic voice that continues to talk about victimization and dependency in the black community.

"We've got to turn this thing around, and I think it's time for some different voices to be in that body politic."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-joining-group

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Perhaps they should change their name to the Congressional Black Marxist Caucus. Seems more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo View Post
    Perhaps they should change their name to the Congressional Black Marxist Caucus. Seems more appropriate.
    Plus it would be less hypocritical to discriminate based on Marxism than skin color.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

I like it! Just show up lol. Hell if he meets the discriminatory criteria first thing he should do is eliminate the racism in washington lol
    Government is instituted for the common good; for the protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness of the people; and not for profit, honor, or private interest of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, the people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government; and to reform, alter, or totally change the same, when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it.

John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776

J C Watts refused to join it. I think that Gary Franks joined it though.

Colonel West is a great American - !FACT!
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Black Caucus says it will welcome newly elected black Republicans

The Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) said this week it will welcome a pair of newly elected black Republicans if they wish to join.

"Membership in the Congressional Black Caucus has never been restricted to Democrats," the group said in an unattributed email to its members. "Should either of the two African-American Republicans recently elected to the House of Representatives request membership in the Congressional Black Caucus they will be welcomed."

The announcement breaks the CBC's silence on the possibility that GOP Reps.-elect Allen West (Fla.) and Tim Scott (S.C.) be allowed to join the overwhelmingly Democratic group. West has said he'll seek membership, while Scott reportedly hasn't decided.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/12...7b2f0ae4f2ac,0

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.