Thread: $12M Tax Dollars for Domino's Pizza Ads

Angry $12M Tax Dollars for Domino's Pizza Ads

Domino's Pizza was hurting early last year. Domestic sales had fallen, and a survey of big pizza chain customers left the company tied for the worst tasting pies.

Then help arrived from an organization called Dairy Management. It teamed up with Domino's to develop a new line of pizzas with 40 percent more cheese and proceeded to devise and pay for a $12 million marketing campaign.

And Dairy Management, which has made cheese its cause, is not a private business consultant. It is a marketing creation of the U.S. Department of Agriculture - the same agency at the center of a federal anti-obesity drive that discouragesover-consumption of some of the very foods Dairy Management is vigorously promoting

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/07/1818826/watch-your-weight-and-pass-the.html#ixzz14erYNLoj

This article is more concerned about the health effects of eating too much cheese. What makes me mad is that the tax dollars are used to advertise Domino's
    Last edited by dean.engelhardt; 11-07-2010 at 09:35 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Government Pizza
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Wow... I would say I'm shocked but really I think I'm shock proof now a days with what our government does.

Federal govt spends over 1 billion dollars advertising McDonald's and has for many years.

The great pizza bailout.

I remember seeing these commercials. The basic gist of them was "hey! our pizza doesn't taste like $#@!ty cardboard anymore! really! we actually use cheese now! we've changed come try us!"

And I was thinking "nah, that is okay, even if you are less sucky now I would rather eat a damn hot pocket than order dominos".

$#@! the state and $#@! Dominos.

sometimes I wish it all was satire.. but $#@!.. its not.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    Government Pizza
    Covered in government cheese.

FFS...
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I knew there had to be some hidden reason as to why I felt ill in my stomach after eating Domino's.
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The short of it?

Your tax dollars subsidized $#@!ty banks, $#@!ty cars, $#@!ty insurance companies, and now, $#@!ty pizza.