Thread: Why Rand shouldn't need to filibuster the debt ceiling

Why Rand shouldn't need to filibuster the debt ceiling

A lot of people seem to be getting excited by the. The liberals over a chance to smear Rand, and debt hawks itching for a fight. However, consider this. A filibuster is only needed for legislation has a chance to pass. But the last time the vote came up not a single republican in the house or the senate voted for it.

Now republicans have a majority in the house. So the only way the debt ceiling passes is if either a significant number of current GOP house incumbents flip flop and vote for it, or if a significant number of freshmen GOP house members betray their mandate and vote for it. I don't expect the freshmen to flip. That leaves the incumbents. If they flip, they're on record. They can be taken out in 2012. There's an old saying about crossing a bridge once we get to it.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think we need make this a big issue: if you vote to raise the debt ceiling next year, you are out. Rand should just say "why would I need to filibuster it? Every Republican voted against it last time and they will next year too."

Quote Originally Posted by Baptist View Post
    I think we need make this a big issue: if you vote to raise the debt ceiling next year, you are out.
    Agreed! That should be the Tea Party's rallying cry to keep them honest.