Thread: Organize to repeal Obamacare

Organize to repeal Obamacare

Okay, we got a couple of good guys in, but a lot of douchebag status quo Republicans won as well, and they probably lied about giving a rat's ass about repealing the health care "reform" bill.

A big part of the reason they won was because of people's anger over this...so even though they're douchebags, can we at least use them to repeal Obamacare?

I think we can.

Here's some folks who are already starting the battle: http://www.therepealpledge.com/
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damn right, amy!!

What a night..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

It can't be repealed. We can't even modify it with what we won. Even if the house passes a modification it will die in the senate. If by some small chance it gets through the senate Obama would veto it.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    It can't be repealed. We can't even modify it with what we won. Even if the house passes a modification it will die in the senate. If by some small chance it gets through the senate Obama would veto it.
    I understand the technical issues...but I'm not convinced that there's nothing we can do.

Do we just sit on our asses and let the Federal gov't set a precedent of forcing us to buy a product. Hell $#@!ing no!

There's got to be something we can do....
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    I understand the technical issues...but I'm not convinced that there's nothing we can do.

Do we just sit on our asses and let the Federal gov't set a precedent of forcing us to buy a product. Hell $#@!ing no!

Here ya' out. Other than a handful of political windbags taking seats here, we have to an extent shot it down through nullification. I voted against it.

Choose Freedom — Stop ObamaCare on Facebook.

Oklahoma Voters Reject Health Care Mandates
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=266900

Arizona Voters Reject Healthcare Mandates
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=266919
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Do not forget that "All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives"...they can use this power to defund obamacare; but they probably wont the bastards.
    As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy.
    - Christopher Dawson

Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods.
    - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post

There is a small chance that we could get a repeal of the forced part. They might just go along with that because a big political fight over that specific part would be damaging to the democrats especially if the bill was named "Protection against forced buying of products Act"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eqcitizen View Post
    Do not forget that "All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives"...they can use this power to defund obamacare; but they probably wont the bastards.
    That's where we come in...they probably won't, if we don't raise a ruckus.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    There is a small chance that we could get a repeal of the forced part. They might just go along with that because a big political fight over that specific part would be damaging to the democrats especially if the bill was named "Protection against forced buying of products Act"
    Perhaps we should petition Ron to write a bill along these lines and push it like we did with HR 1207. It'll certainly, at least, out those who lied about their stance on the bill.

What happened to Rons End the Mandate legislation? That should be brought up to every Republican and hold their feet to the fire.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO