Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul vs. Marco Rubio: The Leaders of Future GOP Senate Factions?

Question Rand Paul vs. Marco Rubio: The Leaders of Future GOP Senate Factions?

Rand Paul vs. Marco Rubio: The Leaders of Future GOP Senate Factions?

If both Rubio and Rand Paul both are able to make their way to Washington this fall, you could be seeing two future leaders of two factions that will be battling for control of the party in the future. The party establishment can only watch and take their cues from the winner.

http://www.amconmag.com/blog/2010/05...ce-in-florida/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I definitely can see that, actually.

Don't blame me. I voted for Alexander Snitker
    "Gradualism in theory is perpetuity in practice." ~ William Lloyd Garrison
    STRATEGY: Three Essential Guidelines for the Liberty Movement

Liberty Policy Journal
    Striking at the Root

Wow. I can certainly see this happening.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

History will repeat itself. It's going to be Goldwater vs. Rockefeller AGAIN. Rubio is the establishment's guy. He is handsome, he's latin and he's not real deep. Rove's boys are going all-in with him.
    Last edited by AuH20; 11-03-2010 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K466 View Post
    Don't blame me. I voted for Alexander Snitker
    +1

My vote was worth more to the candidate that I voted for.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    History will repeat itself. It's going to be Goldwater vs. Rockefeller AGAIN. Rubio is the establishment's guy. He is handsome, he's latin and he's not real deep. Rove's boys are going all-in with him.
    Did you see that bank of flags behind him in his victory speech? I've never seen a show like that except in presidential appearances --- or elections for president.

Yup, I noticed that last night. They were touting Rubio's win and he himself as the future of the GOP. Rubio is just more of the same. They want the attention off of Rand Paul, so they are going to pull out all the stops to demonize him. I think they plan to use the debt ceiling to do that; it's pretty obvious. And if that doesn't work, they'll find the next best thing.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yep-already saying he will be the GOP VP candidate in 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Yup, I noticed that last night. They were touting Rubio's win and he himself as the future of the GOP. Rubio is just more of the same. They want the attention off of Rand Paul, so they are going to pull out all the stops to demonize him. I think they plan to use the debt ceiling to do that; it's pretty obvious. And if that doesn't work, they'll find the next best thing.
    I think they will let him take the lead on all the politically unpopular stuff that needs to be done. I don't think they'll outright demonize him because they want him to be effective in some of the cost cutting, but I think they WILL let him be the 'hatchet man' and preserve Rubio's beauty for another day. They'll let Rubio be the face of the push on only SLIGHTLY aggressive stuff, and will tout his courage in doing so.

The GOP is putting Rubio on the fast track to become President.

Research Rubio's connection with The Aspen Institute, and then look at who funds the Aspen Institute. It's very telling.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

The biggest problem with this theory is that Rand will be the only person in his faction, while every other Republican in the Senate will be in Rubio's.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

Research Rubio's connection with The Aspen Institute, and then look at who funds the Aspen Institute. It's very telling.
    Yeah.

Did you SEE those flags behind him at his victory speech? Talk about staging!!

Yup and Beck appears to be pushing him too.

Joe Scarborough tried this morning with Matthews pairing him with Rand "Do you think people like Rubio and Rand Paul will be able to stick to their principles..." and Matthews totally ignored Rubio and started talking about how Rand was the 'real deal' and the 'raw seed of the hurricane' and 'pure Goldwater...'

Joe agreed, but I don't think the conversation went the way he was trying to lead it.

Not a week goes by before Rubio jets off to Israel to kiss the master's ring.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=267081

Tells me all I need to know.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's a thread about Rubio in the general politics forum. Rubio will soon travel to Israel. Really.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=267081

Question

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Did you SEE those flags behind him at his victory speech? Talk about staging!!
    Pic?
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Hmm...a little David v. Goliath battle is what we should give 'em. Guerrilla warfare anyone?
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

I read on a British blog today that Rubio's been lying about his religion. Calls himself "Catholic" because he was raised Catholic even though he's attended an evangelical protestant church for years and gave most of his $66,000 in charitable donations this year to that church.

Anybody who lies about being Catholic just to boost his Hispanic bonafides and to win the largest religious voting block is a total scumbag in my book. I mean, at least Nancy Pelosi has the nerve to show up to mass once in a while and kiss a few bishops' rings to make herself look Catholic.

When you just outright lie about your religion and don't even go to the trouble to make it look like you're not lying, what else are you going to be two-faced about? Rubio's religion, ultimately, is going to have little impact on his tenure in the Senate, so if he'll be that disingenuous about something that doesn't matter, I hate to think how he'll behave when faced with important issues where his best interest conflicts with the nation's best interests.

EDIT: Also, what the $#@!? I just thought about it, and it's not like he's a freaking atheist, which usually spells political suicide. He's a $#@!ing evangelical Republican. He had to LIE about that? It's just mind-boggling. In what universe does being an evangelical hurt a Republican's chances at winning?
    Last edited by thasre; 11-03-2010 at 11:26 PM.

Pic?
    Here's the youtube, I didn't find a pic that did it justice:

YouTube - Marco Rubio Victory Speech

Wow... those flags are ridiculous. Way too distracting for a background, someone didn't know what they were doing.

Wow... those flags are ridiculous. Way too distracting for a background, someone didn't know what they were doing.
    That is what Obama and Bush have during head of state visits. Looks to me like he wanted pictures suggesting he would fit that role.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    That is what Obama and Bush have during head of state visits. Looks to me like he wanted pictures suggesting he would fit that role.
    It very well could be that for sure, or it could just be that whoever was in charge of the event was an idiot. It could go either way

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The GOP's 'Cuban Barack Obama': Marco Rubio (The New York Times)

CORAL GABLES, Fla. — For many Tea Party conservatives, Hispanics, and young Americans frustrated with the national debt that baby boomers have saddled on their future, Marco Rubio’s victory in the Florida Senate race gave them an extra reason to celebrate.

“He’s our Cuban Barack Obama,” said Alex Lacayo, 36, a campaign volunteer at the Rubio victory party on Tuesday night who could not stop giving hugs to strangers. “He gives us hope.”

The comparison has been made before, but by coming from behind to handily defeat Gov. Charlie Crist as well as Representative Kendrick B. Meek, Mr. Rubio, 39, has completed his entrance onto the national stage. With turbocharged help from the Tea Party, he has gone from a no-name former state lawmaker to what the conservative press calls the “great right hope.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/04/us...o.html?_r=2&hp

Well guys it comes down to this. We have one thing Rubio doesn't. Us. Now we have our weak points and certainly still have some learning to go on how to conduct ourselves, but our group can hit the streets and get stuff done more so than any other Republican group. If you
    re in it to win it, prepare for a battle that will last a lifetime.
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

I really have no comment. I just wanted that to be read again.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

This guy has NEOCON written all over him. While it's obvious Mr. Rubio has the republican establishment behind him, I don't think he'll have as easy of a time convincing the American people that he's one of them as Rand would. Rand comes off very authentic and very knowledgeable about the issues. As Mathews put it, "he's the real deal." The establishment can choose to ignore that if they wish, but it didn't work out for Mitch the last time they tried this strategy..

The giant RAND sign was genius Matt, the photos look amazing and that has done alot for his name recognition nationally

Rand is a brand

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyw24 View Post
    CORAL GABLES, Fla. — For many Tea Party conservatives, Hispanics, and young Americans frustrated with the national debt that baby boomers have saddled on their future, Marco Rubio’s victory in the Florida Senate race gave them an extra reason to celebrate.

“He’s our Cuban Barack Obama,” said Alex Lacayo, 36, a campaign volunteer at the Rubio victory party on Tuesday night who could not stop giving hugs to strangers. “He gives us hope.”

The comparison has been made before, but by coming from behind to handily defeat Gov. Charlie Crist as well as Representative Kendrick B. Meek, Mr. Rubio, 39, has completed his entrance onto the national stage. With turbocharged help from the Tea Party, he has gone from a no-name former state lawmaker to what the conservative press calls the “great right hope.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/04/us...o.html?_r=2&hp

yeah the NY times, time magazine and everyone will call him "brilliant", a new "leader" like they did with Gingrich. He's the same as him, i.e wolf in sheeps clothing imho. he'll be pushed while Rand is marganalized

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast