Thread: Midterm Elections a Big Win for Hawks

Midterm Elections a Big Win for Hawks

Midterm Elections a Big Win for Hawks
    Pro-Intervention Republicans to See Major Gains in Influence
    by Jason Ditz, November 02, 2010
    Email This | Print This | Share This | Antiwar Forum

Though the reality is that most of the Congressional races in the US amounted to a race between a pro-war candidate and an even more pro-war candidate and most of the discussions of foreign policy between the two centered on which was which, the results of the election as they trickle in reveal a big win for the “even more pro-war candidate” types both in seats and influence.
    Rep. Eric Cantor

As the Republicans consolidate control over the House of Representatives and score big gains in the Senate, their most hawkish members are eagerly snatching up key foreign policy positions, with Howard McKeon (R – CA) looking to head the Armed Services Committee and bringing his support for endless war and “modernization” of nuclear weapons with him.

http://news.antiwar.com/2010/11/02/m...win-for-hawks/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On NoZe! Not more war.
    Oops, where is that "Think happy thoughts" thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=266394
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Very sad looks like we might see an increase in the propaganda campaign against Iran
    “Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.”
    -Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough For Love

This is what I am most worried about after the conclusion of these elections, even with Rand Paul, honestly. Sadly, some of these Tea Party candidates do not give any consideration to non-interventionism at all, as we all have undoubtedly read before in many topics, and this could spell disaster, especially if the US does go to war against Iran.

The only positive I can think of is that it might teach the United States a lesson if Iran puts up a fight and the US becomes sapped in two countries. If enough people see the damage that war does to our debt problems/morale/economy, perhaps non-interventionism will once again come into vogue. Hopefully.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson