Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ron - Announce this week!

Quote Originally Posted by thasre View Post
    We should get, say, Ron Paul and Gary Johnson and Rand Paul and Andrew Napolitano and Peter Schiff and Tom Woods all to run for president in 2012. I'm being facetious, but taking the "splitting vote" thing to the extreme actually probably would net some really great results for liberty overall.

Honestly, I think Gary Johnson should run if he wants to. In fact, I think I'd prefer it to Paul running again, although I obviously would totally support Ron's running. I just think that Johnson has his own thing to bring to the table and it's good to have allies, even in competition. We all know that the various frontrunners are going to have their "wingmen" up there. Romney's going to be bolstered by Pawlenty. Palin will be bolstered by Huckabee (or vice versa). It's true they split the vote, but it's also how realignments occur. People tuning in to get excited by one person will find themselves excited by another, and that's as much how elections are won as going it alone. Johnson just adds to Paul's credibility (or vice versa) because they attract the same voters, not in spite of it.
    I agree, more liberty candidates on stage the better. Next time when Ron Paul brings up blowback, Johnson can back him up, all around plus in my eyes. Also when the polls come out, many just drop out, and only the poll leaders battle it out. If Johnson is polling low, he can just drop out and endorse Paul.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Ron won't announce this year. It'll be in early 2011.
    1/11/11? (best birthday present ever?)

Waiting until next year makes more sense, it's way early at the moment. I don't think there's any more momentum for Paul than any other candidate, it's just that politics are in the news right now more than usual.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://reason.com/blog/2010/11/04/ro...-johnson-i-can
    This article makes it look as if Ron will not run. Then again, it's just one mans opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12