Thread: How will a Rand win benefit Ron's 2012 run?

How will a Rand win benefit Ron's 2012 run?

Discuss.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It has already legitimized Ron to many conservatives...just look at the national conservative media.

I think it will also put to bed the media talking point that the Pauls are too fringe and unelectable. If they start that crap with Ron he could just say, "Well they said the same thing about my son Rand and he won by 15 points in Kentucky."

All of the above, plus Ron will be impossible to ignore going forward. Any press Rand gets Ron will benefit from. Fox News will have a hard time shifting back into attack mode after spending all of this time defending Rand. MSNBC is also making what looks like a permanent realignment from defending the Pauls to attacking them as "too extreme". Rand and Ron will both need to streamline their messages on controversial subjects and boil them down to defensible soundbites.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Republicans had to play nice with Rand because they wanted a Republican victory.

The first time Rand doesn't vote with the GOP they will do a complete 180 and go back into attack mode on him and on Ron.

The media is not our friend.

It's up to us to get the word out on what Rand's victory means for Ron Paul 2012.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    Republicans had to play nice with Rand because they wanted a Republican victory.

The first time Rand doesn't vote with the GOP they will do a complete 180 and go back into attack mode on him and on Ron.

It's up to us to get the word out on what Rand's victory means for Ron Paul 2012.
    I never said the media was our friend. In fact I never implied that. I said "Fox News will have a hard time". I didn't say it would be impossible. I also pointed out that the left wing media was turning and will finish it's turn eventually. That's the opposite of saying "the media is our friend." Looking at the latest Lawrence O'Donnell interview with Ron you could tell that O'Donnell realized the hypocrisy of attacking Ron "all of a sudden" over decades old statements after spending all of this time singing Paul's praises when it suited him. Same for Maddow. Yes the media can turn, but like everything there is inertia to overcome. And at some point at least some of the viewers catch on. It's the old "You can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time".

Also the media can no longer play the "We're not going to talk about Paul because he's not a serious candidate" game they did last time. It doesn't matter whether or not the media is our friend. We're looking (or should be looking) to manipulate the media just like the media manipulates the public. Antagonism is better than apathy. If you are attacked you can turn that attack to your advantage. Just look at what happened with Rand and the "Aqua Buddha shuffle" or the MoveOn.org fiasco. Media bias in reporting those two stories seems to have helped Rand.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I never said the media was our friend.
    Wasn't replying to your post, was replying to the OP.

But ya, I do feel it will be harder for them to ignore Ron Paul this time around. But I see them attacking him every chance they get, or downplaying him as much as possible.

I'm hoping Internet TV catches on big in the next year and the MSM starts crashing like the newspaper businesses.

I'm buying a Google TV box soon. Hopefully we have a Ron Paul channel throughout the election.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post

Agree.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst