Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron - Announce this week!

Thumbs up Ron - Announce this week!

Congressman Dr. Paul.

Senator Dr. Paul.

President Dr. Paul.

Has a nice ring to it.

If anybody that matters is reading this, please, convince Ron to announce now.

Let his son's victory settle in and then, maybe on Friday, announce your intention to run for President of the United States in 2012.

The mood of the electorate, the "momentum" is on your side.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs up

Good point.
    Ron should use this momentum.
    A Camel, Lion, and Child.

I've personally spoken with Gary "Veto" Johnson pretty recently and he told me that he intends on running in 2012, regardless of whether Ron Paul runs or not. I think having 2 "libertarian" candidates might hurt each others odds of becoming elected. It would be 2 extra voices in the debates though, which would be a good thing. As much as I love Ron Paul though and as much as I'd love to see him become president, I don't think he's as electable as Gary Johnson. Gary has executive experience, is younger, and I believe has more money.

^^^^yeah right.

some no name is more electable than the father of the tea-party.
    Those Who Do Not Move, Do Not Notice Their Chains.

Give it till after the holiday season. If it IS the economy then many factors are involved. TSHTF is a good time to announce.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRichardson View Post
    I've personally spoken with Gary "Veto" Johnson pretty recently and he told me that he intends on running in 2012, regardless of whether Ron Paul runs or not. I think having 2 "libertarian" candidates might hurt each others odds of becoming elected. It would be 2 extra voices in the debates though, which would be a good thing. As much as I love Ron Paul though and as much as I'd love to see him become president, I don't think he's as electable as Gary Johnson. Gary has executive experience, is younger, and I believe has more money.
    I hope he don't run when Ron Runs. Rons the man.

Quote Originally Posted by teacherone View Post
    ^^^^yeah right.

He got elected twice as a 'Republican" in a very liberal state and under his administration taxes weren't increased for the 1st time in like ever. I love Ron Paul and I love Gary Johnson. I just don't know if having them both running at the same time is helpful or hurtful to the freedom message.

he's a no name...

no one has ever heard of him but you and a handful here.

ron paul has national name recognition, begat a national movement, has an extremely recognizable son in the house.

your fantasy is retarded.

nevertheless---two liberty candidates in debates would be great.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRichardson View Post
    That's good for GJ.

Do Not Want.

Ron Paul 2012!
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I think the better scenario for the freedom movement personally would be to have Gary Johnson run in the Republican primaries and have Ron Paul supporting him every step of the way. This away Gary Johnson gets his name out there and we have the successor to Ron Paul. With Gary's executive experience and his history of winning in liberal states, I think he makes a very electable candidate. If he were to not win the Republican nomination, than Ron Paul could run as a 3rd party candidate in the general election. With the money, support, and name recognition we could gather for Dr. Paul, I think he could be a viable 3rd party candidate. This away the freedom message stays active and mainstream for all of 2012 and for consecutive years to come. This is all just my personal opinion though.

keep dreaming buddy... ron has to run again.

your johnson can come along for the ride if he wishes.

I really hope Johnson doesn't run if Ron Paul does. Supporters of an aggressive foreign policy probably make up 90%+ of the current Republican party. The non-interventionist wing is already at a big enough disadvantage without it dividing up its resources and votes.

What, are we going to do more multi-candidate money duds bombs?

Ron needs to announce - this place will go NUTS! The media will go NUTS!!!

he's a no name...

no one has ever heard of him but you and a handful here.

ron paul has national name recognition, begat a national movement, has an extremely recognizable son in the house.

your fantasy is retarded.

nevertheless---two liberty candidates in debates would be great.
    Did you know who Barack Obama was in 2005?

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    Ron needs to announce - this place will go NUTS! The media will go NUTS!!!
    Exactly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Wilson View Post
    Actually, yes, I did.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    oh... so the media is going to come to some guy named johnson's rescue and pump him up to ridiculous proportions because he's so cool, smart, and ...black...??

our hopes lie in the pauls.

gary johnson, whoever he is, can announce and do his best.

when ron runs, the liberty movement will accompany him to the finish.

I don’t know when it will be better to announce, I think I’ll defer that to Dr. Paul
    "Gradualism in theory is perpetuity in practice." ~ William Lloyd Garrison
    STRATEGY: Three Essential Guidelines for the Liberty Movement

Liberty Policy Journal
    Striking at the Root

oh... so the media is going to come to some guy named johnson's rescue and pump him up to ridiculous proportions because he's so cool, smart, and ...black...??

our hopes lie in the pauls.

gary johnson, whoever he is, can announce and do his best.

when ron runs, the liberty movement will accompany him to the finish.

You have a very good point regarding how the media would handle it. Without the media Barack Obama would not be President today. Obviously the media will not popularise a true liberty candidate.

The problem is not Ron running for President, the problem is the ignorance of the American people.

I experienced it with the warmongering attitude of most of the conservatives I spoke to during the campaign of '08. I don't think that attitude has diminished either.

I would also prefer if he did not run. I like Gary Johnson, but Ron Paul is so much more knowledgeable on economics and has a special knack for using pure logic and common sense in every position he takes. Not to mention his 30+ year track record of consistency, Ron Paul is the only candidate I'd vote for in 2012
    Only voted for Ron Paul and Trump in 28 years of living because I greatly respect honest men/women who expose disgusting illusions.

Let Rand have his glory. I wouldn't want Ron to announce right now.

Trust me folks. You'll never have Ron Paul and Gary Johnson to choose from on a primary ballot.

They both help each other by being in the race together. One will drop out and endorse the other.

Competition is good.

Support them both. A Ron Paul vs Gary Johnson for the #1 spot would be ideal.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

I'm guessing you missed the discussion amongst pol insiders on TV after his address to the DNC in 2004, when the plan was to get Obama in the Senate in 2006 and have him run for President in 2012 or 2016.

Gary should stay put if Ron decides to run.
    A Camel, Lion, and Child.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    Trust me folks. You'll never have Ron Paul and Gary Johnson to choose from on a primary ballot.

They both help each other by being in the race together. One will drop out and endorse the other.

Competition is good.

Support them both. A Ron Paul vs Gary Johnson for the #1 spot would be ideal.
    Good point.

I know, I'm jumping ahead..... Paul/Paul 2012... the father/son run alone would give them downright priceless coverage... and that's before the moneybombs even get started.

FJB

^^^^yeah right.

I know right. Lol'd.

bump for ron!

///

Ron won't announce this year. It'll be in early 2011.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

We should get, say, Ron Paul and Gary Johnson and Rand Paul and Andrew Napolitano and Peter Schiff and Tom Woods all to run for president in 2012. I'm being facetious, but taking the "splitting vote" thing to the extreme actually probably would net some really great results for liberty overall.

Honestly, I think Gary Johnson should run if he wants to. In fact, I think I'd prefer it to Paul running again, although I obviously would totally support Ron's running. I just think that Johnson has his own thing to bring to the table and it's good to have allies, even in competition. We all know that the various frontrunners are going to have their "wingmen" up there. Romney's going to be bolstered by Pawlenty. Palin will be bolstered by Huckabee (or vice versa). It's true they split the vote, but it's also how realignments occur. People tuning in to get excited by one person will find themselves excited by another, and that's as much how elections are won as going it alone. Johnson just adds to Paul's credibility (or vice versa) because they attract the same voters, not in spite of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast