Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 32

Thread: Fox News: Why We Keep Ignoring the WikiLeaks Threat?

  1. #1

    Thumbs down Fox News: Why We Keep Ignoring the WikiLeaks Threat?

    Why Do We Keep Ignoring the WikiLeaks Threat?

    By Christian Whiton
    Published October 25, 2010
    FoxNews.com

    On Friday, WikiLeaks again released a massive amount of classified information stolen from the U.S. government. This time is was 392,000 files about the Iraq war. In July, it was more than 70,000 controlled government documents about Afghanistan. More illegal disclosures are promised. What have Congress and the Obama administration done since WikiLeaks started this? Scandalously little as it turns out.

    First and foremost, it is important to understand that this is a serious challenge to our national security. Itís not about government transparency or free speech, which is the claim WikiLeaks and its leader, a certain Julian Assange, are making.

    Rather, this is an act of political warfare against the United States. WikiLeaks is a foreign organization that obtained these documents as a result of espionage and it means to use the information to thwart and alter U.S. policy. Mr. Assange said as much himself. He reportedly responded to a journalistís question recently by e-mailing, ďIím too busy ending two wars.Ē
    More correctly, he is busy getting the free world to lose two wars.

    In addition to possibly getting some cooperating individuals named in these reports killed, this mass compromise of classified data will make it much harder to find people willing to cooperate with the United States. This will harm information-gathering that remains critical to our defense, whether it is being conducted by an Army sergeant in an insurgency area or a civilian U.S. intelligence officer in a hostile foreign capital.

    So far, the Obama administration appears to have been asleep at the wheel in responding to this. The same is true of the Democratic-controlled Congress, which has no fewer than ten committees of jurisdiction that could be doing something about thisóbut which are not.

    Here are some of the things the U.S. could do:

    1. Indict Mr. Assange and his colleagues for espionage, regardless of whether he is presently in a U.S. jurisdiction, and ask our allies to do the same.
    2. Explore opportunities for the president to designate WikiLeaks and its officers as enemy combatants, paving the way for non-judicial actions against them.
    3. Freeze the assets of the WikiLeaks organization and its supporters, and sanction financial organizations working with this terrorist-enabling organization so they cannot clear transactions denominated in U.S. dollars.
    4. Give the new U.S. Cyber-Command a chance to prove its worth by ordering it to electronically assault WikiLeaks and any telecommunications company offering its services to this organization.
    5. Holding meaningful congressional hearings to look into how this much classified information could ever be compromised and how the U.S. can better identify and combat political warfare organizations like WikiLeaks.


    Of course, none of this will happen unless President Obama and congressional Democrats start taking national security more seriously. The initial compromise of this much sensitive information is shocking by itself. But the intervening period of inaction is scandalous. While the Pentagon has done some damage control, it appears to have no help from the Obama White House, other government agencies, or the Congress.

    How much will our information-collection capabilities have to be diminished, and how many of our friends and collaborators around the world must die, before President Obama and his friends on Capitol Hill start caring more about national security?


    Christian Whiton is a former State Department senior adviser. He is a frequent contributor to Fox News Opinion.
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...ress-iraq-war/



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Bla bla bla,

    Why Do We (Faux Snooze)Keep Ignoring the WikiLeaks information?
    Whatever they think of the means that the information was uncovered, why don't they report on the facts that the information reveals?

    Conflict of interest?
    Does not fit their agenda?
    Ordered not to?

    ???
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  4. #3
    "More illegal disclosures are promised. "

    The first one wasn't illegal and neither is this one. It being perfectly protected by the first amendment to publish government documents and secrets has been firmly cemented since the Pentagon Papers. The brave young man who actually stole the files has committed crimes but Wikileaks most certainly has not.

    I'd suggest to anyone who would like some good reading on this subject to check Glenn Greenwald's blog over at Salon.com:

    http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/gl...ald/index.html

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Bla bla bla,

    Why Do We (Faux Snooze)Keep Ignoring the WikiLeaks information?
    Whatever they think of the means that the information was uncovered, why don't they report on the facts that the information reveals?

    Conflict of interest?
    Does not fit their agenda?
    Ordered not to?

    ???
    Its not just Fox. Every arm of the establishment media holds the same stance. The NY Times is probably the biggest one spewing this propaganda.

  6. #5
    All threats to the Empire must be Eliminated.

  7. #6
    On Friday, WikiLeaks again released a massive amount of classified information stolen from the U.S. government. This is a most interesting premise.If "the government is us", as the civic religion tells us, then we can't possibly steal from ourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

  8. #7
    The whole thing sounds absurd.

    The pentagon says "give us our documents back" when they know good and well they can track trace and shut down anybody and their momma on the internet. There wouldn't be as much as a popcorn fart if the pentagon didn't want it to be. Give me a break, laughable. An obvious false flag.

  9. #8
    "More correctly, he is busy getting the free world to lose two wars."

    How does the author think one "wins" an occupation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Why Do We Keep Ignoring the WikiLeaks Threat?
    Because it is a CIA operation. That's why. What I am unsure of is whether Assange is a CIA agent willingly cooperating with the operation or a mind controlled victim who really doesn't know he is being used or a combination of both.

    In 1979, his mother remarried to a musician who belonged to a cult led by Anne Hamilton-Byrne.
    Last edited by PatriotOne; 10-30-2010 at 03:25 PM.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    How does the author think one "wins" an occupation?
    By staying there indefinitely?
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

  13. #11

    ~~~Forum Asshole & Resident Annoying Leftist~~~
    ~~Member of BAFC (Blame America First Crowd)~~

    "The natural wage of labor is its product." -- Benjamin R. Tucker

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStripe View Post
    Great Article, thanks!
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStripe View Post
    Interesting. What do you think of this earlier post on this thread by P.O.?:

    "Because it is a CIA operation. That's why. What I am unsure of is whether Assange is a CIA agent willingly cooperating with the operation or a mind controlled victim who really doesn't know he is being used or a combination of both.

    In 1979, his mother remarried to a musician who belonged to a cult led by Anne Hamilton-Byrne."
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

  16. #14
    Because it is a CIA operation. That's why. What I am unsure of is whether Assange is a CIA agent willingly cooperating with the operation or a mind controlled victim who really doesn't know he is being used or a combination of both.

    In 1979, his mother remarried to a musician who belonged to a cult led by Anne Hamilton-Byrne.
    Please show evidence for these wild claims.

    I find it hard to believe that someone who has consistently opposed US occupation in these two wars is releasing this stuff at the benefit of the CIA.

    Just because these reports saying something about Iran or Pakistan doesn't mean anything. They are government reports and it should be understood that they will lie in their reports to garner support for more wars.

    Remember the CIA would love to control these documents by only showing the reports of foreign links, not the ever growing ones of innocent deaths. Assange is putting it out there for everyone to see and make judgments on. Something the CIA would not do.

    If anything is CIA its the media institutions that ignore the meat of these documents which highlight atrocities and instead focus on the supposed "links" to Iran and Pakistan.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Interesting. What do you think of this earlier post on this thread by P.O.?:

    "Because it is a CIA operation. That's why. What I am unsure of is whether Assange is a CIA agent willingly cooperating with the operation or a mind controlled victim who really doesn't know he is being used or a combination of both.

    In 1979, his mother remarried to a musician who belonged to a cult led by Anne Hamilton-Byrne."
    Where's the proof that it's a CIA operation? None. So cranks can assert things they don't know, and do so constantly - what else is new? :P

    Personally everything about Wikileaks seems to indicate that it is an activist-run operation. With the advent of the internet, encryption, disgruntled and disillusioned members of gigantic hierarchical corporate and government bureaucracies, etc... it was pretty likely that something like Wikileaks would come about (and there are other similar websites that leak info, or post damaging documents).

    ~~~Forum Asshole & Resident Annoying Leftist~~~
    ~~Member of BAFC (Blame America First Crowd)~~

    "The natural wage of labor is its product." -- Benjamin R. Tucker

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Because it is a CIA operation. That's why. What I am unsure of is whether Assange is a CIA agent willingly cooperating with the operation or a mind controlled victim who really doesn't know he is being used or a combination of both.

    In 1979, his mother remarried to a musician who belonged to a cult led by Anne Hamilton-Byrne.
    You're making the claim that FoxNews is ignoring the documents because Wikileaks is run by the CIA. To give FoxNews more credibility than Wikileaks is just insane.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by t0rnado View Post
    You're making the claim that FoxNews is ignoring the documents because Wikileaks is run by the CIA. To give FoxNews more credibility than Wikileaks is just insane.
    Neither have any credibility.

    Bowen, Redstripe, tornado,

    I've put the information out there. You may chose to look further down that path or not. At this point, I don't care what you do or don't do with the information.

  21. #18
    You make a claim with no evidence then refuse to link to some, to me this seems like you have none.

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Bla bla bla,

    Why Do We (Faux Snooze)Keep Ignoring the WikiLeaks information?
    Whatever they think of the means that the information was uncovered, why don't they report on the facts that the information reveals?

    Conflict of interest?
    Does not fit their agenda?
    Ordered not to?

    ???
    The few times I've heard it not ignored in any pseudo-major media outlet, it's been minimized as being "old news." That's another tactic being trotted out.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

  23. #20
    I don't know how long some here have been watching Wikileaks. But even before the "war" coverage they were releasing some very Good(bad) information. And had leaked CIA and other Governments Documents. They have been very wide ranging in exposing Governments secrets and lies.

    The CIA on the other hand has long and deep ties with the Media.

    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    The few times I've heard it not ignored in any pseudo-major media outlet, it's been minimized as being "old news." That's another tactic being trotted out.
    Ignored or down played. or in this case , change the focus.
    Character Assassination is a tried and true, and they are working that.

    I fear it will be short lived, but I think it is Vitally Important to view the information and not the personalities or "influences" involved.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Bowen, Redstripe, tornado,

    I've put the information out there. You may chose to look further down that path or not. At this point, I don't care what you do or don't do with the information.
    This is the equivalent to me stating, "Extra-terrestrials did 9/11. Don't believe me? It's your choice whether to look down that path."

    Why don't you just back up your claim with something. I'm willing to believe something that has some evidence.

    ~~~Forum Asshole & Resident Annoying Leftist~~~
    ~~Member of BAFC (Blame America First Crowd)~~

    "The natural wage of labor is its product." -- Benjamin R. Tucker

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStripe View Post
    This is the equivalent to me stating, "Extra-terrestrials did 9/11. Don't believe me? It's your choice whether to look down that path."

    Why don't you just back up your claim with something. I'm willing to believe something that has some evidence.
    Where's the proof that it's a CIA operation? None.
    So cranks can assert things they don't know, and do so constantly - what else is new? :P
    Why would I bother with you? You have already stated that I have no proof. Seems like your mind is made up.

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I don't know how long some here have been watching Wikileaks. But even before the "war" coverage they were releasing some very Good(bad) information. And had leaked CIA and other Governments Documents. They have been very wide ranging in exposing Governments secrets and lies.

    The CIA on the other hand has long and deep ties with the Media.

    Ignored or down played. or in this case , change the focus.
    Character Assassination is a tried and true, and they are working that.

    I fear it will be short lived, but I think it is Vitally Important to view the information and not the personalities or "influences" involved.
    Your familiar with MK Ultra right? I don't think it is a coincidence that his stepfather was part this cult. It's not like it's a common thing to be in a cult. Interesting to note that it appears to me that Julian dies his hair blonde now...just like everyone was required to in the cult.

    The Santiniketan Park Association, also known as The Family and The Great White Brotherhood

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santini...rk_Association

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    Why Do We Keep Ignoring the WikiLeaks Threat?

    By Christian Whiton
    Published October 25, 2010
    FoxNews.com

    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...ress-iraq-war/
    Great

    Steaming

    Pile
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    "Itís just interesting to note how constant government oppression can kill peopleís fighting spirit." - Withur We




    Pray for reset.




  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Your familiar with MK Ultra right? I don't think it is a coincidence that his stepfather was part this cult. It's not like it's a common thing to be in a cult. Interesting to note that it appears to me that Julian dies his hair blonde now...just like everyone was required to in the cult.
    Where are you getting this from, if his step father was involved as you claim there would be some documentation, unless you know the family personally?

    All I ask for is when a claim is made that you provide evidence, especially a claim as big as "wikileaks is just a cia front."

    You have made they accusation now show the evidence to prove the claim, otherwise the benefit of the doubt goes to Mr. Assange and his organization. Innocent until proven guilty is the standard I work off of.

    Plus if Wikileaks wasn't doing this stuff another group would, there is a demand for this information. Whenever there is a demand for some product eventually a supplier will find a customer. Its just the basic nature of information.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I don't know how long some here have been watching Wikileaks. But even before the "war" coverage they were releasing some very Good(bad) information. And had leaked CIA and other Governments Documents. They have been very wide ranging in exposing Governments secrets and lies.

    The CIA on the other hand has long and deep ties with the Media.



    Ignored or down played. or in this case , change the focus.
    Character Assassination is a tried and true, and they are working that.

    I fear it will be short lived, but I think it is Vitally Important to view the information and not the personalities or "influences" involved.
    Methinks you are all ignoring a centrally crucial observed fact: most Americans don't care enough to do anything effective about any of this. At some point crying "I don't know what to do" fails. Had the colonials held this position, there would be no America. They started killing people. I am not saying this is what we should be doing, but effectively speaking we are doing nothing.

    Bear also in mind that "news" has become a central source of entertainment in much of the world, particularly so in the USA where people have, perhaps in some cases, entirely too much free time on their hands. Do we not recall the lessons of Rome - bread and circuses? Technology has brought us circuses the Roman elite would have given their livers to possess.

    We are being played like no other people have ever been. I am sure some of you want to shoot me out of a cannon, but I will repeat what bears it: if all this talk is not to amount to anything more than a study in futility, we as a people had best get out heads out of our asses and decide what it is that we really want and then start taking materially effective measures to get it, even if it means setting aside the net.porn, the cocaine, the "reality" TV, and the net.games.

    If enough of us gave a $#@!, things would be happening. They are not. Draw from this what you will.
    Last edited by osan; 11-01-2010 at 10:57 AM.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    "Itís just interesting to note how constant government oppression can kill peopleís fighting spirit." - Withur We




    Pray for reset.


  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Why would I bother with you? You have already stated that I have no proof. Seems like your mind is made up.
    I'm working on the assumption that you have no proof because you have refused to supply any proof to support a claim which runs contrary to lots of clear evidence that Wikileaks is an activist project designed to embarrass large corporations and the government, and expose their secrets.

    That's what they've done so far, and it's hard to see how this is something the CIA would find desirable.

    ~~~Forum Asshole & Resident Annoying Leftist~~~
    ~~Member of BAFC (Blame America First Crowd)~~

    "The natural wage of labor is its product." -- Benjamin R. Tucker

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Your familiar with MK Ultra right? I don't think it is a coincidence that his stepfather was part this cult. It's not like it's a common thing to be in a cult.
    I have also heard that they lived on the run from that cult, when they escaped from it.
    Perhaps when he learned the value of evasion.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I don't know how long some here have been watching Wikileaks. But even before the "war" coverage they were releasing some very Good(bad) information. And had leaked CIA and other Governments Documents. They have been very wide ranging in exposing Governments secrets and lies.

    The CIA on the other hand has long and deep ties with the Media.



    Ignored or down played. or in this case , change the focus.
    Character Assassination is a tried and true, and they are working that.

    I fear it will be short lived, but I think it is Vitally Important to view the information and not the personalities or "influences" involved.
    Do you think this info could be released if the CIA wanted it stopped ? Interested in your opinion .

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Do you think this info could be released if the CIA wanted it stopped ? Interested in your opinion .
    Yes. The CIA is not omnipotent. They fail. a whole hellofa lot.
    In fact there are a great number of idiots and bureaucrats employed there.

    They are a threat, but they are not infallible.


    look at MK Ultra as an example.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. WikiLeaks Threat - Glenn Greenwald w/ Cenk
    By Agorism in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 12:08 AM
  2. WikiLeaks Threat: Will US torture Assange?
    By PeacePlan in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 12:37 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 07:13 AM
  4. What is the news ignoring during Sotomayer hearings?
    By Matt Collins in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 04:34 PM
  5. News Organizations Ignoring Ron Paul
    By american.swan in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-14-2007, 08:40 PM

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •