Thread: Are Silver and Gold Ready to Fall?

Question Are Silver and Gold Ready to Fall?

Evidence of this is in the adjacent chart, which depicts the performance of the Dow in terms of an alternative currency, silver.
    The Dow:silver ratio broke down to its lowest reading since 1989, as silver prices recently surged to nearly $25 per ounce. The Dow also fell against gold, oil, copper, corn, sugar, and other tangible assets – and also against most foreign stock markets, which tend to outperform when the dollar declines.

Read the Full Report at

http://www.independentlivingbullion....+here&AID=2334

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Wall Street Journal joins brokers in trying to talk investors out of gold

By Ian Salisbury
    The Wall Street Journal
    Monday, October 25, 2010

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...495106000.html

As individual investors hop on the gold bandwagon, financial advisers are finding themselves in an all-too-familiar role: that of mom and dad slapping hands away from the cookie jar.

The precious metal has enjoyed a long run-up, gaining about 25% in the past year and consistently making headlines with records pushing ever higher. Also fueling the buying binge is a number of big-name investors like Paulson & Co.'s John Paulson. Gold prices stood at $1,324.40 a troy ounce Friday.

Such price spikes and high-profile bullishness often create a ticklish situation for advisers: They think about selling just as clients want to buy.

"I am not a gold bug, but I have a couple of clients that have just insisted," said Jim Heitman, a financial planner in Alta Loma, Calif. "Even as they objectively recognize the threat of a bubble, they just don't seem to care."
    Last edited by bobbyw24; 10-26-2010 at 05:41 AM.

Gold is the anti-speculation anti-bankers fund. And they dont like it.

EDIT: bobbyw24 the link to the wsj link is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by hugolp View Post
    Gold is the anti-speculation anti-bankers fund. And they dont like it.

EDIT: bobbyw24 the link to the wsj link is broken.
    Thanks Hugo--fixed link

If the Fed were sanely taking QE2 off the table, I might agree. But Bernanke's got more support than Hoenig (amongst voting members anyway) and I think it's going to happen. The problem with extrapolating trends from charts like the OP is that it's difficult to fully consider all the assumptions you are making with regards to fundamental variables.

For a counter viewpoint, I give you:

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/no-...tts-john-embry

Everyone should watch the midterm elections next Tuesday, if the r'c take the senate ( ? ) and the house gold/silver could easy fall 5%-10%, all the polls say only the house will go repub , even then g/s could fall 3-5 % , every market is always looking for a reason to go down , the fall will not last long. No matter what the repub talking heads say , its just BS , also Obama still has the VETO.

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVRP View Post
    Everyone should watch the midterm elections next Tuesday, if the r'c take the senate ( ? ) and the house gold/silver could easy fall 5%-10%, all the polls say only the house will go repub , even then g/s could fall 3-5 % , every market is always looking for a reason to go down , the fall will not last long. No matter what the repub talking heads say , its just BS , also Obama still has the VETO.
    Yes Obama has the veto and the House has the power to shut down government. Hopefully they have the balls to pull the trigger.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates