Thread: What gold miners do YOU own?

What gold miners do YOU own?

I sold most of my positions about a week ago. I like the action today and I am about ready to step back in, as I feel this dump was needed to clear out some of the weaker hands. The global money printing story hasn't ended by a long shot. I am currently in HL to keep some exposure to the metals while waiting for the pullback. I think I will add to my position if it can get to the low 6s. I was in GDX, but I do not like the fact that some miners hedge and won't capture the run up in the next several years, so I am now looking for more individual plays. I like HL because it has negative mining costs for silver(due to other minerals mined and sold), it is sitting on larger reserves, it does not hedge silver, it has a ton of cash, and practically no debt. Please share what you guys are in and why.

*can we avoid the penny stock gold mines, thanks.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think that people should be looking at Rare earth metals stocks as they are the only group that can have a gaint move , agreed PM stocks will have a slower upward move.

I own GG , one of the lowest cost producer and mostly north America , also SVM , the cheapest silver producer in the world , China company that mines silver--lead--zinc , the silver is produced at minus $11 a ounce and they pay a 2 cent div. My only 2 holdings about <2 yrs SVM , more than 5 yrs GG.

I do mess around with penny PM stocks , with only about $1000. They are more fun.
    Last edited by ILUVRP; 10-21-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Nem
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I was looking at SVM because it was on one of Peter Schiff's top 5 silver miners reports, but then decided to go with HL. I might pick up some shares of SVM though soon. It is hard to find out which companies hedge their costs, and which don't. I am not sure about GG or SVM. I was also looking at SSRI. It is sitting on a ton of silver right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cubical View Post
    I was looking at SVM because it was on one of Peter Schiff's top 5 silver miners reports, but then decided to go with HL. I might pick up some shares of SVM though soon. It is hard to find out which companies hedge their costs, and which don't. I am not sure about GG or SVM. I was also looking at SSRI. It is sitting on a ton of silver right now.
    I think that SVM is locked into selling to the Chinese goverment at about 75% of the spot market.

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVRP View Post
    I think that SVM is locked into selling to the Chinese goverment at about 75% of the spot market.
    source?

I own NG, HL, and AXU.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by rckt24 View Post
    source?
    Sorry for the late reply , i have been looking for the source for the last hour, i can't find it. I really think i read it about a year ago. I will keep looking.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I own NG & HL

and I also own GLD and SLV for exposure to the actual metal

I own LIT, DBO, DBA for exposure to other hard assets

and ETFs for every asian country available, just stocked up on EPHE today
    Alex Merced - A Champion of Freedom
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

HAYEKFORUMS.COM
    - Economics and Philosophy Discussion and Debate

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM
    - Libertarian Community and Discussion

Donate to Help Alex Merced promote Liberty Full Time

FACEBOOK PAGES YOU SHOULD LIKE

Arklatex

Selling my Chinese mines EGO and SVM

Have gone up a lot but I think the situation with China could get grim fast.

Like GBG EXK FNNVF.PK and a lot of the small miners that llepard holds are interesting.

Arklatex

Dundee Precious Metals and La Mancha

are both tiny, unheard of, and producing some metal

But the "no brainer" stock is supposedly Silver Wheaton

Half a dozen or so.

But I'm most proud of IVN pick.

I picked up a large position 2 years ago when the stock was at about $5.50.

It's now about $23.50 and was over $24 a few weeks ago.