Thread: WHAS pulled the NRSC's "Cap and Trade" commercial due to "lack of substantiation"

Thumbs down WHAS pulled the NRSC's "Cap and Trade" commercial due to "lack of substantiation"

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...inaccuracy.php
    A Kentucky television station has taken down an NRSC ad aimed at Democratic Senate nominee Jack Conway, TPM has learned.

WHAS-TV general manger Mark Pimentel told me today that the ad -- in which the Republicans try to connect Conway to cap-and-trade proposals -- was pulled after the Republicans could not prove its veracity.
    YouTube - Kentucky IE Television Ad: Skyrocket
    Late Update: The NRSC is taking issue with WHAS' decision to take down the ad and is threatening to go to the FCC unless the station puts it back up.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-20-2010 at 10:05 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    That isn't being pulled due to inaccuracy, that is called being pulled due to lack of substantiation.
    They could say it's been substantiated as well as the Aqua Buddha story has been.
    A place to stay, Enough to eat
    Somewhere old heroes shuffle safely down the street
    Where you can speak out loud
    About your doubts and fears
    And what's more no-one ever disappears
    You never hear their standard issue kicking in your door.
    You can relax on both sides of the tracks
    And maniacs don't blow holes in bandsmen by remote control
    And everyone has recourse to the law
    And no one kills the children anymore.

- Roger Waters

Quote Originally Posted by Eroberer View Post
    They could say it's been substantiated as well as the Aqua Buddha story has been.
    Far better.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Conway has flip flopped so many times on his positions, surely they have something showing when he last said he supported Cap and Trade.

Could it be that the Trial Lawyer buddies of Jack Conway are threatening expensive lawsuits in order to compel local stations to take down 3rd party ads. It is much more difficult to take down a candidate's ad. Would Jack Conway and his pals stoop to such a low level? Is this why the Aqua non-sense came from him and not a 3rd party?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Conway has flip flopped so many times on his positions, surely they have something showing when he last said he supported Cap and Trade.
    There were apparently two local papers on it, AND he personally told Rand he [Conway] thought he could 'fix' cap and trade and wanted to be part of the negotiated settlement on it on capital hill. They went through it on the first debate, on Fox.

Remember Rand's FIRST fancy farm appearance? It was all about Conway on cap and trade, during the primary. I suspect Rand had a hunch who he'd be running against.

There were apparently two local papers on it, AND he personally told Rand he [Conway] thought he could 'fix' cap and trade and wanted to be part of the negotiated settlement on it on capital hill. They went through it on the first debate, on Fox.

Remember Rand's FIRST fancy farm appearance? It was all about Conway on cap and trade, during the primary. I suspect Rand had a hunch who he'd be running against.
    damn that was one of my favorite ads. I especially liked the ominous movement and the female narrators voice...they should make similar ads to that.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Then, the NRSC should change up the ad a bit and show Conway saying he is for Cap and Trade.

That should put a cork in WHAS' bottle.

http://capitalistbanner.com/2010/10/...y-senate-race/

Paducah Sun, 7/16/2009: [Mongiardo’s chief foe is] Conway, who issued a statement last week saying he supports the Cap and Trade Bill and believes problems can be worked out to prevent high energy costs. Conway said the House version of the bill was improved from Obama’s original plan because it gives utility companies additional emission credits and more time to meet goals for reducing harmful emissions.
    "And who the hell are you?" he asked. "Me?" said Galt. "I'm the driver."

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarsRevenge View Post
    Could it be that the Trial Lawyer buddies of Jack Conway are threatening expensive lawsuits in order to compel local stations to take down 3rd party ads. It is much more difficult to take down a candidate's ad. Would Jack Conway and his pals stoop to such a low level? Is this why the Aqua non-sense came from him and not a 3rd party?
    That's pretty much what CB thinks: http://capitalistbanner.com/2010/10/...y-senate-race/
    "And who the hell are you?" he asked. "Me?" said Galt. "I'm the driver."

I hope the NRSC is shoving Conway's statement in WHAS' faces.

Conway, who issued a statement last week saying he supports the Cap and Trade Bill
    Rand needs to be showing this stuff coming out of Conway's own office or out of his own mouth.

Conway has been flip-flopping so much, I doubt some people know who to believe.

This is the liberal good ol' boy network in action here in Kentucky.

Dammit I'm tired of saying it, but if Rand doesn't pull out the abortion, gay marriage, and illegal immigration card we better make damn sure we have a great get out the vote effort...

Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    Dammit I'm tired of saying it, but if Rand doesn't pull out the abortion, gay marriage, and illegal immigration card we better make damn sure we have a great get out the vote effort...
    I agree.

But we need to have a great get out the vote effort either way.