Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Paul answer ad to Aqua Buddha

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Jack did a Taliban Dan.

Done and DONE. Conway stepped on a Randmine and it blew up in his face.
    Ron Paul Baby '71

Great response ad!

from the Democratic Underground:

To me, this sounds like a winning round for Paul in his state, hoping I'm wrong. (nt)
    democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=433x480286

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post

Yeah, the daily kos was saying Conway was great but the consensus seemed to be that the ad was a bad idea. They are hoping Rand's not shaking Conway's hand will be seen as surly, but I don't think so. That was a very provocative ad.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Lolol @ randmine!
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

This is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Yeah, the daily kos was saying Conway was great but the consensus seemed to be that the ad was a bad idea. They are hoping Rand's not shaking Conway's hand will be seen as surly, but I don't think so. That was a very provocative ad.
    ok, i went to read. a guy is talking here about Rand not shaking Jack's hand...

I think it was really smart by the Paul people... (0+ / 0-)
    Because it becomes THE story - Conway attacked Paul's religion.

Really smart by Paul. All the economic issues are not focused on, it's all about one man attacking the others religion - Conway had him dead to nuts on the issues - huge unforced error with the Buddha ad.

In campaign autopsies I worry what this one will be.
    another one

The buddha ad was a HUGE mistake. (0+ / 0-)
    It allows Rand to talk about his religion and not talk about economic issues.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

And the non-handshake was brilliant because Paul said before why he wouldn't and that will be the story "because Conway attacked his religion".

Unless Conway pulls the ad and hopes it's forgotten, he really shot himself in the foot
    Last edited by low preference guy; 10-17-2010 at 07:23 PM.

It will be interesting to see whether Conway ends up pulling down his ad now.

From FreeRepublic:

Quote Originally Posted by IMissPresidentReagan
    I saw that ad and just scratched my head. Not ever been a huge fan of Rand’s, voted for him in early voting, as he was the only choice I had, but that ad is just crazy. From what I hear, it’s not really playing well here in Eastern Kentucky, either.
    The strangest part is the story about the incident that is referenced in the ad has been out for months and has already played out. Someone must have sprung their October “surprise” too early, and CONway thinks he can capitalize off of it.
    I don’t think it does - I’m in Eastern Kentucky and mostly I hear disgust in reference to this particular ad.
    h XXp://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2608986/posts

Was this the last debate. I didn't watch it bc i was out the house, but did he hold his own?

ok, i went to read. a guy is talking here about Rand not shaking Jack's hand...

another one
    Yeah, except that the two times they did talk about the economy Rand absolutely blew Conway away.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    Was this the last debate. I didn't watch it bc i was out the house, but did he hold his own?
    He definitely held his own. Some here think he won the race. I'm a little less sanguine and I just figure he made Conway really regret spending a third of his remaining cash on hand on a certain ad that he now has to wish he never ran. Conway came off well in a few segments, but overall, Rand dominated on the issues that matter.

yeah the not shaking hands will surely get covered all over the media, and hence, the ad will get seen by people on a national level...personally, I am looking forward to Keith Olbermann and Rachel's Maddow defense of the ad. Get ready for something along the lines off "Tea-baggers call Obama muslim??? but they can't take it themselves???"

The Paul campaign was also really smart to post the opening statements the minute after the debate ended on his facebook, with a camera focusing on a close-up of a sympathetic woman.

According to Jake from PageOne, Rand Paul says he will not debate Conway again unless he pulls the Aqua Buddha commercial...

http://twitter.com/cattleprod/status/27691755753

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo23 View Post
    yeah the not shaking hands will surely get covered all over the media, and hence, the ad will get seen by people on a national level...personally, I am looking forward to Keith Olbermann and Rachel's Maddow defense of the ad. Get ready for something along the lines off "Tea-baggers call Obama muslim??? but they can't take it themselves???"

THat is the ONLY defense I have seen. Except that RAND never stooped to that, so it still shows what kind of a person Conway is.

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    According to Jake from PageOne, Rand Paul says he will not debate Conway again unless he pulls the Aqua Buddha commercial...

Ah, hell. I think the Aqua Buddha commercial is extraordinarily damaging to Conway and it should stay on. This gives Conway a way to take it down.

On the other hand, the debates have devolved into mudslinging by Conway, and I think there have been plenty of them. I see no reason to let the KET types gang up with Conway against Rand, in any event.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Ah, hell. I think the Aqua Buddha commercial is extraordinarily damaging to Conway and it should stay on. This gives Conway a way to take it down.

On the other hand, the debates have devolved into mudslinging by Conway, and I think there have been plenty of them. I see no reason to let the KET types gang up with Conway against Rand, in any event.
    But if Conway pulls it, he's basically admitting it was wrong to run it.

Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post

This is great. Paul is taking Conway's sad attack and completely turning it around and against him. The moral outrage really plays well. I wouldn't be surprised if Conway ends up quietly pulling it before long.

Run this thing all day, every day until the end of time.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    This is great. Paul is taking Conway's sad attack and completely turning it around and against him. The moral outrage really plays well. I wouldn't be surprised if Conway ends up quietly pulling it before long.
    at this point it's impossible to pull it quietly. it will be national news.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo23 View Post
    I am looking forward to Keith Olbermann and Rachel's Maddow defense of the ad. Get ready for something along the lines off "Tea-baggers call Obama muslim??? but they can't take it themselves???"
    I love the rationalization they give. The fringe tea partiers aren't 1)The main voice of the political movement 2) aren't a CANDIDATE FOR SENATE and 3) aren't devoting 330K (most of it from liberals) in paid advertising to attack a man's religious faith.

When a person who thinks Obama is a Muslim 1) runs for SENATOR and 2) devotes 330K in attack ads on that positon then, maybe THEN, they can make that equivalence.

Heck, give me the name of anyone of any prominence that's called Obama a Muslim? Jack Conway has stooped lower than than Rush Limbaugh and Rush WILL NEVER run for Senate. The Left will never admit that their man, a candidate for U.S. Senate has gone further than the "scumbag radio talk show host" Rush Limbaugh. Never.

Lol! This is great

"...this one would!" This lady has an awesome voice for this kind of ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertea Party View Post
    I love the rationalization they give. The fringe tea partiers aren't 1)The main voice of the political movement 2) aren't a CANDIDATE FOR SENATE and 3) aren't devoting 330K (most of it from liberals) in paid advertising to attack a man's religious faith.

When a person who thinks Obama is a Muslim 1) runs for SENATOR and 2) devotes 330K in attack ads on that positon then, maybe THEN, they can make that equivalence.

Heck, give me the name of anyone of any prominence that's called Obama a Muslim? Jack Conway is worse than Rush Limbaugh and Rush WILL NEVER run for Senate. The Left will never admit that their man, a candidate for U.S. Senate has gone further than the "scumbag radio talk show host" Rush Limbaugh. Never.
    yeah. It's so funny though how you can already see Keith Olbermann and smug Rachel Maddow using the Obama is a muslim argument to justify the ad. They are just transparent hosts.

Now that Rand has landed the gut punch to Konway with the ad, they need to throw the knockout punch with the A-Bor-Shun matter ... "a man who believes in Abortion On Demand ...?"

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBrowneLives View Post
    Now that Rand has landed the gut punch to Konway with the ad, they need to throw the knockout punch with the A-Bor-Shun matter ... "a man who believes in Abortion On Demand ...?"
    and will force you to pay for abortions through obamacare.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast