Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Paul's opening Statement.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    $#@!ing brilliant!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Wow. I guess I'm in the minority. The not shaking his hand, ok, I can see that strategically. But I felt like it was a bit thick. But I'm really allergic to red meat of all sorts in the political sense.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Rand did very well on those. I got chills when listening to his closing statement.

GO, RAND, GO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    Bravo Dr. Paul!! Brilliant!! Exactly the way you should have handled it.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Wow. I guess I'm in the minority. The not shaking his hand, ok, I can see that strategically. But I felt like it was a bit thick. But I'm really allergic to red meat of all sorts in the political sense.
    In Kentucky, Conway's lucky Rand didn't give him a nut shot.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i think not shaking Jake's hand after tonight's debate makes sense not only strategically. even if rand wasn't running and for some reason someone made the statements Jack made tonight, it would made sense to treat that person exactly like that.

i think not shaking Jake's hand after tonight's debate makes sense just strategically. even if rand wasn't running and for some reason someone made the statements Jack made tonight, it would made sense to treat that person exactly like that.
    His name is Jack.

His name is Jack.
    interesting that i got it right the second time i mentioned his name. i was typing too fast.

"Moral outrage is the most powerful motivating force in politics." - Morton Blackwell

If viewers sympathize with Rand and become turned off by Conway's attacks, he has succeeded. We'll see whether that happens.

In Kentucky, Conway's lucky Rand didn't give him a nut shot.
    I could have cheered for a nut shot.

But he'd have lost the race.

So I guess it is better that he handle it the way he did.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

i think not shaking Jake's hand after tonight's debate makes sense not only strategically. even if rand wasn't running and for some reason someone made the statements Jack made tonight, it would made sense to treat that person exactly like that.
    Yeah, I sympathize with that part and it left Jack looking like an idiot, standing there, which I enjoyed.

Jack's ad blew up in his face both with this debate and without it. I bet he kinda wished he hadn't run it at this point, don't you?

Rand dealt with the attack on his Christian faith superbly - keep it up man.
    You gently drew the dream as it was: floating, as it goes out. On the other side of the world, it does so, floating, as it goes out.

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    "Moral outrage is the most powerful motivating force in politics." - Morton Blackwell

If viewers sympathize with Rand and become turned off by Conway's attacks, he has succeeded. We'll see whether that happens.
    did you really need to write the "If"? i think it's pretty obvious they did. it would be hard to imagine someone not sympathizing with Rand after watching the whole debate. Rand destroyed Jack.

and that was my reaction after watching the debate while reading the idiotic please-kill-me-now type of comments made by Fozz
    Last edited by low preference guy; 10-17-2010 at 06:42 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    His name is Jack.
    His name is Liar because he is telling lies!

Yeah, I sympathize with that part and it left Jack looking like an idiot, standing there, which I enjoyed.

Jack's ad blew up in his face both with this debate and without it. I bet he kinda wished he hadn't run it at this point, don't you?
    i never felt so sure that Rand will win than just after the debate ended. after tonight, i think he pretty much has it in the bag.

It still bugs me that religion plays such a major part in elections, but whatever works.

I could have cheered for a nut shot.

But he'd have lost the race.

So I guess it is better that he handle it the way he did.
    Would it be worth Paul losing to have seen him kick Conway one time, hard, right in the balls and then the camera zooms in to see Conway fall to his knees and keel over; face wrinkled in pain and sweaty, half the crowd giving a loud standing ovation....

Probably not....

Sounds like Rand to a page out of the Collins playback by not shaking his hand.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Would it be worth Paul losing to have seen him kick Conway one time, hard, right in the balls and then the camera zooms in to see him fall to his knees and keel over; face wrinkled in pain....

Honestly: maybe.
    he is going to cry even more on November 2nd than he would have if what you mentioned happened.

I think Rand should now come out with an ad featuring his family and church congregation, as they testify about what a good and faithful person he is, and how they're appalled at Jack's baseless attacks on his character.

Quote Originally Posted by RP Supporter View Post
    I think Rand should now come out with an ad featuring his family and church congregation, as they testify about what a good and faithful person he is, and how they're appalled at Jack's baseless attacks on his character.
    I don't think that is necessary. Rand is pro life and Conway is pro abortion. The churches know Rand.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    he is going to cry even more on November 2nd than he would have if what you mentioned happened.
    Yeah, you're absolutely right. The greatest payback for a desperate, smarmy wannabe-career politician like Conway would be a rejection at the polls in just over two weeks. It would just tear him up.

Any justice in this world: Conway loses in two weeks, loses the election for his Attorney General job in 2011, is disbarred as a lawyer and spends his last thirty working years flipping hamburgers.

Quote Originally Posted by RP Supporter View Post
    your wish just came true

YouTube - Rand Paul ad False Witness

I don't think that is necessary. Rand is pro life and Conway is pro abortion. The churches know Rand.
    There was an article that said that Rand is going to respond to Conway's ad. I would expect him to go up with an ad tomorrow or Tuesday.

your wish just came true

Sigh... I'm going to sit this one out.....

your wish just came true

Good ad, but I wish he would've brought up the abortion issue.

Sigh... I'm going to sit this one out.....
    It needed to be done. There's some Christians who may not know Rand that well and were influenced by Conway's ad. This ad also makes Conway look really bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast