Thread: The Media is Attempting to Weave an Artificial Narrative that Rand is unelectable

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The Media is Attempting to Weave an Artificial Narrative that Rand is unelectable

They're planting the seed and seeing if this devious meme can be transmitted at the local level to the casual voter. I for one, hope it doesn't work, but the constant reinforcement of such lies is concerning.
    Last edited by AuH20; 10-14-2010 at 10:49 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Again?

What about them thar polls that have had him leading Conway consistently ever since the primary?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Again?

What about them thar polls that have had him leading Conway consistently ever since the primary?
    I'm starting to get worried. He should be killing this guy. Something is amiss. I don't know if there is still bad blood left over from the republican primary.
    Last edited by AuH20; 10-14-2010 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I'm starting to get worried. He should be killing this guy. Something is amiss. I don't know if there is still bad blood left over from the republican primary.
    Bad blood? You mean like some people granting interviews to a liberal bloggers who supported Conway's fundraisers or the supporter who sent a letter slamming Rand to one paper that looks for dirt on Dr. Paul?

It kinda makes you wonder who was behind some of the meme in the primary. Like someone was leaking things. Just saying.

There is definitely both redoubling of attack from enemies and reversal from friends. But I really do think Rand has hit his stride again. I could roast a certain ex campaign manager, cheerfully, but I think Rand will rise above it.

We'll see in the next credible poll.

However, always, work as if we are 10 points down. Remember that in the primary Conway's constant hatchet attacks brought him into the running only in the election.

Speaking of which, are we going to have exit pollsters again?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

There is definitely both redoubling of attack from enemies and reversal from friends. But I really do think Rand has hit his stride again. I could roast a certain ex campaign manager, cheerfully, but I think Rand will rise above it.

We'll see in the next credible poll.

However, always, work as if we are 10 points down. Remember that in the primary Conway's constant hatchet attacks brought him into the running only in the election.

Speaking of which, are we going to have exit pollsters again?
    Late night sign placement is happening as we speak. Some of us do not sleep and do not falter.

I've had the sign in this spot since.... well snow. Hasn't moved other than to mow.

They're planting the seed and seeing if this devious meme can be transmitted at the local level to the casual voter. I for one, hope it doesn't work, but the constant reinforcement of such lies is concerning.

What are you talking about? That blowhard Matthew's prediction and the Fox News story?

Remember, Rand is running on a fundamentally different platform than any other candidate in Kentucky's history....the media is going to do everything they can to characterize him as "bat-sh*t" crazy. He will win, but it won't be a 15+ blowout, like it probably would have been with Trey Grayson (aka Mitch McConnell 2.0).

Maybe I'm totally off...guess I'll have to wait for the next round of polls, to see if Jack-o's soundbites did anything.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo23 View Post
    Remember, Rand is running on a fundamentally different platform than any other candidate in Kentucky's history....the media is going to do everything they can to characterize him as "bat-sh*t" crazy. He will win, but it won't be a 15+ blowout, like it probably would have been with Trey Grayson (aka Mitch McConnell 2.0).

Maybe I'm totally off...guess I'll have to wait for the next round of polls, to see if Jack-o's soundbites did anything.
    I totally don't buy this meme. Trey's lead over Conway before the primary was less than Rand's is now, and he wouldn't have had the enthusiasm supporting him. Conway, with the leftist netroots, still would have. They financed his primary as well. I think Trey might well have lost, actually. I think Rand will win, although the ferocity of Dem attack may make it a close race. Both the Dem and GOP establishments WANT us to believe that 'their sort' would be more electable, but that isn't what I am seeing across the country.

I totally don't buy this meme. Trey's lead over Conway before the primary was less than Rand's is now, and he wouldn't have had the enthusiasm supporting him. Conway, with the leftist netroots, still would have. They financed his primary as well. I think Trey might well have lost, actually. I think Rand will win, although the ferocity of Dem attack may make it a close race. Both the Dem and GOP establishments WANT us to believe that 'their sort' would be more electable, but that isn't what I am seeing across the country.
    The netroots would not have been as passionate if Trey Grayson had won, because they believed they had a much better chance winning if Rand Paul was the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
    The netroots would not have been as passionate if Trey Grayson had won, because they believed they had a much better chance winning if Rand Paul was the winner. at his core Grayson was one of them.
    Uhm, fixed that there for ya.

i expect the media shall have to sweetly limp back to FRISCO to re-enforce the narrative
    that poor john dennis is unelectable, and i will have to bump up a few threads in the
    JOHN DENNIS FORUM whereupon i have argued that not even nancy pelosi's own district
    is truely a DNC stronghold! the media has had a habit of ignoring rand when he has a
    secure lead in the polls. after seeing trey grayson a week out from the primary thinking he
    is 'even steven' with rand, maybe jack conway is being unusually quiet for his lonesome
    winsome talkative self. maybe what isn't being said says more than what has been said.
    Last edited by Aratus; 10-15-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Dr. RAND PAUL IS RUNNING & WINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
    The netroots would not have been as passionate if Trey Grayson had won, because they believed they had a much better chance winning if Rand Paul was the winner.
    The netroots would have been as passionate if Trey won because they believe Conway is a progressive (see Kos) which is all they want. Rand does make them more passionate in this race because they are scared of Rand. Because if he has half his father's integrity, and the higher visibility and greater power of a Senator, his ideas WILL spread. They well know how attractive they are to those not committed to government ownership and control of what they call the 'commons' and try to inoculate their own ranks against them, repeatedly.

Since those who live by shopping government power to special interests also want more power to the government to shop, even if they call themselves conservative, they have real if somewhat hidden support on 'our' side as well.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-15-2010 at 10:10 AM.