Thread: U of Michigan students hack DC electronic voting site to play school fight song

U of Michigan students hack DC electronic voting site to play school fight song

http://www.aolnews.com/surge-desk-el..._lnk1%7C176851

Administrators have no sense of humor.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Misleading title. It was an experiment with a new online voting and the students along with others were asked to try and hack it. They realized then how many security risks there are and shelved the idea for now.

Still funny,

Slutter McGee

"While we were in control of these systems, we observed other attack attempts originating from computers in Iran and China," Halderman said. "These attackers were attempting to guess the same master password that we did. And since it was only four letters long, they would likely have soon succeeded."
    a 4 letter master password? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Slutter McGee View Post
    Misleading title. It was an experiment with a new online voting and the students along with others were asked to try and hack it. They realized then how many security risks there are and shelved the idea for now.

Still funny,

Slutter McGee
    They weren't supposed to be able to do it, though.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    They weren't supposed to be able to do it, though.
    They either hired morons or meant for it to fail.
    They didn't even follow standard compliance rules. eg: leaving a text file with 900 accounts+pin numbers on a publicly hittable web server?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    They either hired morons or meant for it to fail.
    They didn't even follow standard compliance rules. eg: leaving a text file with 900 accounts+pin numbers on a publicly hittable web server?
    It is government....of course they did hire morons and this is typical for our government.

does anyone remember talking to their last government employee....THEY ARE $#@!ING STUPID and the powers that be count on it
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

"hail to the motherf#ckers
    hail to the great $#@!s
    hail, hail, to Michigan
    the cesspool of the west"

a version i heard at my first visit to the Rose Bowl as a young kid watching my Huskies beat Michigan. can't get it out of my mind right now.

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    "hail to the motherf#ckers
    hail to the great $#@!s
    hail, hail, to Michigan
    the cesspool of the west"

a version i heard at my first visit to the Rose Bowl as a young kid watching my Huskies beat Michigan. can't get it out of my mind right now.
    Sounds good to me!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.