Thread: Huffington Post -- Pro John Dennis article

Thumbs up Huffington Post -- Pro John Dennis article

By Dustin Reid | Huffington Post

NEW YORK -- There's an unusual candor about John Dennis that you don't often get from a politician who's running in one of the two major parties. But then again, a small businessman from New Jersey who grew up in a housing project can afford to be candid and honest when the media has marginalized him as a mere outlier against the most powerful person in congress, Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi.

He's not even a politician. In fact, Dennis had rarely engaged the political realm until the 2008 Presidential election, in which he actively campaigned for Republican party outcast, Ron Paul. This time around it's Paul helping out Dennis, who he has endorsed.

The question is: Can John Dennis be taken seriously as a Republican when he's running on an anti-war, pro-civil liberties, anti-corporatist, pro-marijuana platform? In Dennis' own formulation, it's the only way to seriously challenge Pelosi, whom he has characterized as a "blatant corporatist."

In this blog, I want to argue that despite running as a Republican, Dennis is essentially running on a pragmatic, progressive agenda that brings together the most salient issues across parties. Issue by issue, I will outlined why liberals, as well as conservatives, should consider Dennis over Pelosi in San Francisco.

Continue Reading: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dustin..._b_757568.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great read, but a pro-republican article on huffpo will either get little to no notice or a negative reaction by the smug, snarky leftists that dwell on that site.
    Only voted for Ron Paul and Trump in 28 years of living because I greatly respect honest men/women who expose disgusting illusions.

We should start commenting positive things now so everyone will think that's what everyone thinks (as the sheep will follow)

i feel the Huff-Po article will have
    many more people now checking
    out the race who wouldn't have!