Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Quotable quotes thread revived

"Don't try to understand women. Women understand women and they hate each other." IDK who said this originally, but I love it. It's even a mug on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Understa.../dp/B06XS27DQ6
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Yes, I would just like to say I'm sailing with the rock, and I'll be back, like Independence Day, with Jesus. June 6, like the movie. Big mother ship and all, I'll be back, I'll be back."
    Aileen Wuornos.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

“She was already learning that if you ignore the rules people will, half the time, quietly rewrite them so that they don't apply to you.”

― Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may be even a worse fate, you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
    Winston Churchill
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

"Kiss my ass."

John Wayne Gacy.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Politics is like rape. Sometimes you have to lay there and take it."

Ross Perot

Calvin Coolidge

Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.

Karl Marx and Frederick Engels
    Address of the Central Committee to the Communist League
    London, March 1850 -
    https://www.marxists.org/archive/mar...e/1850-ad1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.

Karl Marx and Frederick Engels
    Address of the Central Committee to the Communist League
    London, March 1850 -
    https://www.marxists.org/archive/mar...e/1850-ad1.htm
    Commies are evil but they aren't complete fools.

All political power proceeds out of the barrel of a gun. --Mao

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

it is a very wise thing to simulate craziness at the right time -Niccolò Machiavelli

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "A person without memory is either a child or an amnesiac. A country without memory is neither a child nor an amnesiac, but neither is it a country."--Mary Astor
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

"[T]here is nothing more difficult to carry out…nor more dangerous to handle than to initiate a new order of things; for the reformer has enemies in all those who profit by the old order, and only lukewarm defenders in all those who would profit by the new order." –Machiavelli

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"What I meant, whether or no I managed to say it, was this; that no man knows how much he is an optimist, even when he calls himself a pessimist, because he has not really measured the depths of his debt to whatever created him and enabled him to call himself anything. At the back of our brains, so to speak, there was a forgotten blaze or burst of astonishment at our own existence. The object of the artistic and spiritual life was to dig for this submerged sunrise of wonder; so that a man sitting in a chair might suddenly understand that he was actually alive, and be happy."

- G.K. Chesterton, Autobiography.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule."

H.L. Mencken

Calvin Coolidge

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789