Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Quotable quotes thread revived

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Doesn't seem like something Leo would say publicly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

--Albert J. Nock

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Have I told you how much I frickin' love Buk-the old softie!? That was quoted in my welcome letter from GAB.

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2011/10...ensorship.html

Transcript ^
    --Albert J. Nock

“The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant.”
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

--Albert J. Nock

--Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    --Albert J. Nock

--Albert J. Nock

Here he is on twitter: https://twitter.com/realjohngatto
    --Albert J. Nock

--Albert J. Nock

When spiderwebs unite, they can tie up a lion.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

"I am, in fact, God."

-me
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

http://www.libertyclick.org/camus-on-freedom/

Quote by Albert Camus: “Freedom is not a gift received from the State but a possession to be won every day by the effort of each & the union of all.”

http://www.libertyclick.org/tag/freedom/

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2016-12-05 19:10:22.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	227.8 KB 
ID:	5419
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2016-12-05 19:11:39.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	5420

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

http://www.libertyclick.org/jimi-hen...power-of-love/

Jimi Hendrix quote: "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

http://www.libertyclick.org/tag/quotes/

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Doesn't seem like something Leo would say publicly...
    Why not? He died in 1910.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

My 16 year old son on sexual harassment...

"I dunno why people bitch about it. If someone sexually harassed me, I'd be honored."

O_O
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Why not? He died in 1910.
    Though I've only read a smidge of his fiction and non-fiction, from his style he *seems* to have had a much more mellow sort of character and wouldn't have even put thought to such a thing. (I could see a Dostoevsky sort saying something like that)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    My 16 year old son on sexual harassment...

"I dunno why people bitch about it. If someone sexually harassed me, I'd be honored."

O_O
    That is every sixteen year old boy who has ever lived.

“Unrestrained power may be many things, but it’s not American... We, the people, are ultimately the strongest and most reliable check on the power of government,”

"We now have the largest unchallenged military machine in the history of the world, and it’s backed by a political system that is increasingly willing to authorize any use of force in response to practically any justification."

- Edward Snowden
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A well known oldie but still beautiful prose from Thomas Paine:

"These are the times that try men’s souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like Hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated.”– Thomas Paine
    Last edited by AZJoe; 01-18-2017 at 07:46 AM.

It's tough out there.

"Even Napoleon had his Watergate." -- Yogi Berra

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast