Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russia Today TV is "enemy" according to mainstream media

Post Russia Today TV is "enemy" according to mainstream media

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    who makes RT? Ghemmy was on it and taken seriously.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Good Catch, Matt.

And that's a great point by the RT official, of how the American media automatically jumped on the Georgian bandwagon because they want to push the neocon foreign policy agenda.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    who makes RT? Ghemmy was on it and taken seriously.
    RT is funded and controlled directly by the Kremlin. It was created by Putin's top media advisor. Sure, they run stories that make them appear to be on the side of truth and freedom, but their only real goal is to make America look bad. It is an international propaganda organ of an authoritarian regime that through its actions has shown nothing but contempt for limited government.

Quote Originally Posted by gls View Post
    RT is funded and controlled directly by the Kremlin. It was created by Putin's top media advisor. Sure, they run stories that make them appear to be on the side of truth and freedom, but their only real goal is to make America look bad. It is an international propaganda organ of an authoritarian regime that through its action has shown nothing but contempt for limited government.
    I've also looked into this, and I agree that RT seems to be a Kremlin propaganda outlet. Since I read Russian, I read the more rational, less sensational Russian sites/blogs and converse with my friends over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

but their only real goal is to make the American (government) look bad.
    That isn't real hard to do
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

but their only real goal is to make America look bad..
    Dang, a job you don't really need to work at.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Dang, a job you don't really need to work at.
    Very true. But my point is that in comparison Russia remains a much less free country overall, so their criticism of the U.S. rings quite hollow. I'll believe they're sincere in their desire for liberty when they stop persecuting activists simply for expressing their dissent of the ruling regime.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Notice when $#@! says Russia Today he scratches his cheek with his middle finger ... like telling Russia Today phuck you..

I hope Putin has a reply to this asshat. lol
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

I can't wait until the US media signs the surrender treaty.

Whoooaaaaa there unst

... no surrender treaty ... don't be silly naw.

Explain to me this US media surrender treaty, please. Thanks.

Ohh wait, or is another keep your friends close and enemies closer .. BS ?

Because I really do like Russia Today quite frankly, of all online MSM it was RT who promoted Ron Paul 2008.

As a matter of fact, does anyone have the Ron Paul video Iran aired online ? Does anyone remember the Ron Paul video that came outta Iran ? We should find that one and refresh. Not the spoof Schiff did either.

Also, that CCTV (Chinese) station we get here if you have Dish Network. A couple of my friends get that station and we sit and listen (it's in english) I tell ya what you really have no idea what the hell is going on in America till you listen to other countries reporting the news.

That's messed up.
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

Russia today is better than all the mainstream media combined. They respect Gerald Celente, Ron Paul and Alex Jones there when they have them as guests.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaCato View Post
    Also, that CCTV (Chinese) station we get here if you have Dish Network. A couple of my friends get that station and we sit and listen (it's in english) I tell ya what you really have no idea what the hell is going on in America till you listen to other countries reporting the news.

That's messed up.
    ALL news sources have their bias and agenda. That's why it's important to get your news from multiple and independent sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Corto_Maltese View Post
    Russia today is better than all the mainstream media combined. They respect Gerald Celente, Ron Paul and Alex Jones there when they have them as guests.
    My guess is that they have an agenda, but who cares, as long as they are spreading our message.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    My guess is that they have an agenda, but who cares, as long as they are spreading our message.
    Well yeah I think it's pretty obvious. First, they don't want batteries of US missiles parked across the border in Poland and other surrounding countries so Ron Paul's non-interventionist foreign policy is very attractive to Russians. Second, as world resources start dwindling there will be a larger fight for resources going on between the US, Russia and China. Russia would definitely like to see us stop invading and subversing other countries strictly for resources that Russia (and China) can't get any of. Overall, they like the non-intervention that Ron offers.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

PeacePlan

Quote Originally Posted by Corto_Maltese View Post
    I agree RT is better than we get out of USA news orgs..........

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am on the fence. The more media the better, but they do wish to make us look bad.

They do seem to push an anti-gun agenda.

And the US media are not government owned propaganda units? The implicit debt guarantees of major corporations, Fed asset swap agreements that keep interest rates low, FCC regulations that inhibit competition are all hugely beneficial to the status quo in major US media. They know who their masters are. And they serve them impeccably.

Quote Originally Posted by StilesBC View Post
    And the US media are not government owned propaganda units? The implicit debt guarantees of major corporations, Fed asset swap agreements that keep interest rates low, FCC regulations that inhibit competition are all hugely beneficial to the status quo in major US media. They know who their masters are. And they serve them impeccably.
    Does Russia Today ever criticize Russian government or Putin?
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

It is the Russian equivalent of Voice of America.

From Wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)
    History

RT was launched as Russia Today by an autonomous non-profit organization in 2005. However, much of the funding to this organization, ANO TV-Novosti, is injected from the Russian Federal Budget (2.4 billion rubles in 2007).[5] In 2007, RT’s monthly audience share exceeded that of CNN and Bloomberg TV among NTV-PLUS satellite subscribers in Moscow. In August 2007, RT was the first channel in television history to report live from the North Pole. In 2008, RT’s average monthly reach in Russia indicated a growth rate of 82% within just six months. Over the same period, the channel’s average daily reach grew by 46%. In the same year, the monthly audience among those who have access to or are aware of RT’s broadcasts on Time Warner Cable in NYC exceeded that of BBC America by 11%. The daily audience of RT exceeds that of Deutsche Welle tenfold, within the same network.[6]

Objectives

RT sets out to present the Russian point of view on events in Russia and its "near abroad" republics, giving the viewers an opportunity to get acquainted with Russian views on world and domestic events. Margarita Simonyan, RT's editor-in-chief, says the station was born out of the desire to present an "unbiased portrait of Russia."[1]

A major part of RT's airtime is devoted to Russian and world news, but it also airs business, sports and culture news. In addition, RT features documentaries, travel and language shows, editorials, and commentaries on present-day life in Russia and Russian history.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    The enemy of my enemy may be my friend, but I don't make a habit of getting in bed with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    RT sets out to present the Russian point of view on events in Russia and its "near abroad" republics, giving the viewers an opportunity to get acquainted with Russian views on world and domestic events. Margarita Simonyan, RT's editor-in-chief, says the station was born out of the desire to present an "unbiased portrait of Russia."[1]
    They sure focus a lot on US internal politics. At least from what I see posted here.

Do they consider us one of their "near abroad Republics"?
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Russia Toady is hilarious. Take it with a grain of salt.

If anything, maybe we'll get some russian converts the few times they have a good person on.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Russia Toady
    Sounds like that is just begging for a Photoshop challenge to me

Are the RT hot chicks considered "enemies" too?

Name:
    Russia Today
    Channel Views:
    Total Upload Views:

Channel Views:
    Total Upload Views:
    Subscribers:
    cnn.

The people have spoken.
    Last edited by AGRP; 03-05-2011 at 08:32 PM.
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

Putin has come out against World Government - what he calls "the unipolar world"......

take the smears against hm with a grain of salt

Hillary agrees with the OP:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast