Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those who doubt- we MUST support Rand Paul - Ron Paul's 2012 run depends on it!

Exclamation For those who doubt- we MUST support Rand Paul - Ron Paul's 2012 run depends on it!

If I had a Federal Reserve Note for every time someone said that Rand "wasn't libertarian enough" or that he "isn't like his dad" or that "they can't support him because of his rhetoric" I'd be a wealthy man. I know there are many here that have grown lukewarm on Rand for whatever reason. I am not going down the fruitless road of debating Rand's positions, what he may or may not have said, or where he stands on the issues, however I am here to explain a political reality that most of you probably have not realized.

We are fighting two races at once. We are not only fighting a Senate race now, but we are fighting the 2012 Presidential race now too!!!

Ron's success in the 2012 Presidential race is DIRECTLY tied to Rand's success in 31 days.

WHY?

Think it through.

Allow me to elaborate the possible scenarios:

Scenario 1- Rand loses. The media, liberals, Democrats, and even Republican establishment will declare that the liberty movement and tea parties are not viable and have no chance of electoral success. Rand is seen as the leader and if he fails then the symbolic victory of the statists will be crushing to any hope for 2012. If this happens then Ron might not even run in 2012 because it would be somewhat pointless for him to do so. Morale will be in the gutter, donors will turn cold, and enthusiasm will be largely nonexistent; not to mention the lack of momentum.

Scenario 2- Rand wins barely. Although victory is victory, a small margin of victory will then give the commentators and media an edge to fight against us in 2012. They will say that we just barely won, and that it was a fluke, or we just got lucky, or whatever. It'll still be an uphill battle in the fight for legitimacy and credibility. This also will not bode well for Rand when he has to fight for his seat again next time around in perhaps a less friendly political atmosphere.

Scenario 3- Rand wins in a large victory (Randslide). A mandate by the People will be undeniable and cannot be countered. This paves the way that our ideas are now mainstream, acceptable, and that Ron stands a good chance of winning in 2012. Think of it as leap frog. Rand run's on Ron's shoulders and wins. Then Ron runs on Rand's shoulders and wins. We will be unstoppable and perceived as unbeatable because momentum will be on our side.

There you have it -- those are the possible outcomes as I see it. If you are cold on Rand, realize you are hurting Ron's chance in 2012. A large victory for Rand paves the way and is even necessary for Ron's electoral success in 2012. Anything less makes it highly unlikely. The campaign needs money, it needs volunteers, it needs people on the ground. It needs door knockers, phone bankers, sign placers, etc. Will you come to KY in the final weeks of the campaign and help out? The realization that when you are campaigning for Rand you are also simultaneously campaigning for Ron to be President is critical.

The future of the Republic is in YOUR hands!
    What will you do?

Last edited by Matt Collins; 10-02-2010 at 02:58 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Im with you Matt. Totally agree man.

I agree that more boots on the ground are needed. However I can't afford 24 months of money bombs.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

Totally agree.

Rand losing would be a crippling blow to the liberty movement (and the Tea Party movement). So much energy and commitment will be lost if Rand loses.

Of all the elections that the liberty movement has been involved with, the Kentucky Senate race represents the greatest opportunity for power. We will have one of the most powerful people in the country representing us if Rand wins.

In the days leading to the election, the big unions will be busing in voters and banging on doors to get business-as-usual elected.

You must get your mother, your father, your grandmother, your grandfather, your brother, your sister, your husband, your wife, your son, your daughter and ALL your friends to get off their backsides, travel to Kentucky and get them banging on doors to get people to vote for Rand.

The election of Rand could change the course of American history. If one individual can change a nation, imagine if that individual is one of only 100 senators.

This is the moment the liberty has been building up for - the opportunity MUSTN'T be lost.

I agree with this post.
    We must send Rand Paul to Washington, D.C.
    This is not just about Rand Paul.
    It's about Ron Paul and the liberty movement itself.
    A Camel, Lion, and Child.

I agree it will be a crippling blow but not for the reasons articulated. The reason it would be crippling is because certain people would be forced to face a reality they are outgunned, outnumbered, and unwilling to personally do anything about it other than politic.
    Last edited by Live_Free_Or_Die; 10-02-2010 at 03:29 PM.

For those near Kentucky, sign up to volunteer !

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Scenario 1- Rand loses. The media, liberals, Democrats, and even Republican establishment will declare that the liberty movement and tea parties are not viable and have no chance of electoral success. Rand is seen as the leader and if he fails then the symbolic victory of the statists will be crushing to any hope for 2012. If this happens then Ron might not even run in 2012 because it would be somewhat pointless for him to do so. Morale will be in the gutter, donors will turn cold, and enthusiasm will be largely nonexistent; not to mention the lack of momentum.
    This is exactly why David Frum and his ilk want Rand to lose. They hate liberty, and they are more than willing to support Democrats if that means that the Republican party can remain a statist war party.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For those NOT near KY you can phone bank in get out the vote. I did from California, in the primary. Many of us did. That frees people in KY up to do stuff that requires boots on the ground.

On this topic, right now there is a rally with Ron and Jim DeMint for Rand and Paul. The rally has drawn tons of local, state press, plus New York Times & PBS' Gwen Ifill, but a reporter tweeting the event says only 200-250 are there. THAT is nuts.

here's that reporter's twitter: http://twitter.com/avbnky
    Last edited by sailingaway; 10-02-2010 at 04:15 PM.

OP-why do you care so much about what the media says? RP got the support of grassroots in '07 and '08 with little to no media attention and half-assed campaign advertising. ("He's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya!" )
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Because we want to win this time.

This is exactly why I've donated some more. He needs to win if Ron is going to run for president. Despite what the polls say I think if Ron gets time to explain his point of view to the masses people will quickly join the liberty movement.

I sincerely believe that Ron Paul will become POTUS if he's given the same opportunity that they give establishment candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    OP-why do you care so much about what the media says? RP got the support of grassroots in '07 and '08 with little to no media attention and half-assed campaign advertising. ("He's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya!" )
    And how far did that take him, 6%?

Think about it. One of the biggest reasons he wasn't successful was because the media was actively blacklisting him. They won't be able to do that this time around if Rand wins.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Think about it. One of the biggest reasons he wasn't successful was because the media was actively blacklisting him. They won't be able to do that this time around if Rand wins.
    You know that the blacklisting was done "unofficially", yes? Your reasoning doesn't follow. The MSM is still run by regime stooges, and they won't be kind to a threat to the Establishment. You also vastly overestimate the American booboisie. Even when the facts are patently obvious, the majority of Americans are far too ignorant and biased to make a sound decision. (hence, the stupidity of mass democracy)

Think about it-even if Ron gets into the primaries, the same thing will happen-as the same Establishment stooges in the Media and government are still there giving marching orders to the mind-numbed masses.

You can call me cynical, but I call it being realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I don't blame the media, I blame ron paul supporters! The media didn't stop ron paul supporters from becoming delegates or joining the gop in 2008! The only thing that will stop Rand or Ron Paul are Ron Paul supporters failing to vote for rand in kentucky or becoming delegates in the gop for Ron Paul 2012, if Rand loses and ron paul fails to get the nomination in 2012. We cannot blame the media. We can only blame Ron Paul supporters along with the media and the gop establishment!!
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 10-02-2010 at 05:43 PM.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    You know that the blacklisting was done "unofficially", yes? Your reasoning doesn't follow. The MSM is still run by regime stooges, and they won't be kind to a threat to the Establishment. You also vastly overestimate the American booboisie. Even when the facts are patently obvious, the majority of Americans are far too ignorant and biased to make a sound decision. (hence, the stupidity of mass democracy)

Think about it-even if Ron gets into the primaries, the same thing will happen-as the same Establishment stooges in the Media and government are still there giving marching orders to the mind-numbed masses.

You can call me cynical, but I call it being realistic.
    blacklisting was done officially and unofficially!! by the gop and media whores run by the gop!! I blame the gop establishment more then the media, though both can go hand in hand!!

Rand MUST win bigtime

Completely agree with this post.

beckin

Now also on the DP:
    http://dailypaul.com/node/145837

Monday morning bump

Conway's union folks are going door to door, even in a remote town like mine that I thought both campaigns would normally ignore. We need all hands on deck!!!!

Matt you are 100% right. A rand loss is the end of a RP run. iF Rand can't win on a republican year with an anti republican leadership trend then I won't even waste time on RP in 12.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Matt you are 100% right.
    Always am

Always am
    Aw Sh*t I left that one wide open without a qualifier!

A very good point, Mr. Collins.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

if Rand loses the GOP will go back to nominating safe neo-con career politicians. and Obama is guaranteed a 2nd term.
    but his campaign is not well run; Republican state, Republican year, well funded. this should not even be in play this late.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast