Thread: Ron could be House Financial Services chairman in 2012

Ron could be House Financial Services chairman in 2012

Under House GOP rules, ranking members only get to keep their top slot on committee's for 6 years. Spencer Bachus has been the ranking member on the financial services committee since 2006, therefore he only has 2 more years left before he is limited and the next in line to take the gavel would be Ron Paul (assuming he's not being sworn in as president )

This will also mean that Hal Rogers of Kentucky, one of the biggest porkers in Congress is in line to be chairman of the Appropriations committee.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Under House GOP rules, ranking members only get to keep their top slot on committee's for 6 years. Spencer Bachus has been the ranking member on the financial services committee since 2006, therefore he only has 2 more years left before he is limited and the next in line to take the gavel would be Ron Paul (assuming he's not being sworn in as president )

This will also mean that Hal Rogers of Kentucky, one of the biggest porkers in Congress is in line to be chairman of the Appropriations committee.
    I think the names are listed here in order of seniority. If that's right, then there are still a bunch of Republicans ahead of RP.
    http://financialservices.house.gov/s...spx?NewsID=397

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I think the names are listed here in order of seniority. If that's right, then there are still a bunch of Republicans ahead of RP.
    Well, that's pretty disappointing.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I dont understand, Ron has 10 terms those guys ahead of him don't

I believe it's based on years in the committee. But I don't know where to find that information for each member.

Ron is the ranking member of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology.

If the Rupulicans win the House, I think that means he will be Chairman of that subcommitee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...and_Technology
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

"Every member of the State ought diligently to read and to study the constitution of his country ... by knowing their rights, they will sooner perceive when they are violated and be the better prepared to defend and assert them."
    ~Chief-Justice John Jay, 1777

U.S. Constitution

Not continuous.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Not continuous.
    In the House it doesn't matter if the years are continuous. But for committees, it is years on the committee, not just years in Congress.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.