Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More on the FL father who stormed a school bus and raised hell.

Exclamation More on the FL father who stormed a school bus and raised hell.

Back to the Bullying Topic
    Posted by Karen De Coster on September 22, 2010 06:00 AM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...tml#more-66090

As usual, the bobbleheads in the MSM (mainstream media) are doing a shoddy job of reporting this story: “Florida Father Apologizes for School Bus Tirade, Threats.”

A Florida man apologized Tuesday for boarding his daughter’s school bus earlier this month and threatening the other children and the driver, saying he acted out of frustration over students bullying his daughter.

“I handled it the wrong way when I went on the bus,” James Jones said. He said he does not condone storming on the bus or his profanity-laced tirade in front of students.

I can only imagine the reactions from various libertarians concerning this man’s actions. Well, here’s my take, like it or not.

I saw the video today, and I applauded the man, James Jones, for taking a stand and defending the honor and rights of his beloved (handicapped) child. His 13-year-old daughter has cerebral palsy. She had been repeatedly bullied, taunted, spit on, called names, and physically assaulted on the public school bus (yes, being “pushed around” is an assault). He found out about these events when his daughter finally revealed why she didn’t want to go to school any longer. His heart broke. He lost his temper and stormed a school bus, taking no other actions except yelling at the assortment of delinquents who filled the yellow-and-black bully pulpit. He cussed and tossed f-bombs, and threatened to kick the butts of the guilty punks.

Indeed, he said he’d “kill whoever did it,” but the word was not used literally. Other than the use of that word in temper, James Jones only rose up in defense against the repeated violence foisted upon his child. The media reaction was painfully predictable. How dare any person storm the sacred ground of a public education prison transport full of wonderful children and desecrate its semi-sacred ambience with profanity?

The collective, politically correct forces made James Jones go public and “urge parents not to follow his example, but to use available resources and talk to the school if their child is being bullied.” They have put this man on Good Morning America, and in press conferences, to genuflect before the alters of the educational system’s codes of political correctness. He has performed forced apology after forced apology, because he stepped up, in righteous anger and fatherly love, to defend his helpless baby girl.

He is therefore facing “two misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and disturbing a school function.” “Disturbing a school function” is somehow distinctive from “disturbing” anything else? Of course it is, because a “school function” is representative of the mighty indoctrination arm of the state.

Any real man, any protective father, would be pushed over the edge to react to a bunch of baggy pants losers incessantly bullying his disabled daughter who could not defend herself. As a punishment, this real man is being forced to grovel, heel, abide, and be perpetually apologetic.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Please homeschool! It's for the children.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

public school sucks

my son learns far more at home than that place.

now to find a way to homeschool while 2 parents work

what would be sweet is a formation of a liberty minded private school

self funded by those who choose to go, no local,state, fed money involved

parents could donate their time if they choose or donate money or what have you.
    Support Marijuana Legalization WORLDWIDE

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by newyearsrevolution08 View Post
    public school sucks

my son learns far more at home than that place.

now to find a way to homeschool while 2 parents work

what would be sweet is a formation of a liberty minded private school

self funded by those who choose to go, no local,state, fed money involved

parents could donate their time if they choose or donate money or what have you.
    Just curious, do you absolutely need two incomes? Do you think you could make do with one with a little discipline?
    Equality is a false god.

Wow, those kids are $#@!in dbags, they probably deserved it.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

That would have been rad if he pulled out a crowbar at the end and started yelling "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU $#@! A STRANGER IN THE ASS!!" and then continued to run outside and start smashing all of the bus windows.... "DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS? *SLAM* DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS?! *SLAM* *SLAM* DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU $#@!.... A STRANGER.... IN THE ASS!?! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS!!! *SLAM* *SLAM*"
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That would have been rad if he pulled out a crowbar at the end and started yelling "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU $#@! A STRANGER IN THE ASS!!" and then continued to run outside and start smashing all of the bus windows.... "DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS? *SLAM* DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS?! *SLAM* *SLAM* DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU $#@!.... A STRANGER.... IN THE ASS!?! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS!!! *SLAM* *SLAM*"
    Obviously a movie reference but I'm all

Moar info plz
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Just curious, do you absolutely need two incomes? Do you think you could make do with one with a little discipline?
    I'm sure he could do it if half of one of those incomes wasn't being stolen.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Obviously a movie reference but I'm all

Moar info plz
    Cowlesy.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/12411/this...-happens-larry

Dude. You need to watch that movie. It's like one of the best movies ever made.

that would have been very undude.

Cowlesy.

Intended for mature audiences, not sure I qualify.

Have to log in.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

This reminds me a bit of the scene at the end of Super Troopers.

YouTube - SUPER TROOPERS FARVA SCHOOL BUS
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Intended for mature audiences, not sure I qualify.

Have to log in.
    Just rent "The Big Lebowski"

Edit: And also rent Super Troopers if you haven't seen it

Then get ready for the funniest $#@! ever.

How how much a twisted little punk do you have to be to make fun of someone handicapped like that.

That this was even allowed to go on is shocking, of course the dad couldn't stand sending his defenseless daughter off to spend time with a pack of wolves each day.

Cowlesy.

Derf, of course.

Seen it, years ago, but agreed, have to watch it again.

Bullying on the school bus has always existed, probably always will. It's not all of a sudden happening or expanding like the hand wringers are claiming.

The really funny part of the story is that they had two adult "guardians" on the bus, and they didn't speak English! So much for monitoring verbal abuse.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not trying to justify the actions of the kids. But I was bullied somewhat when I was younger. While it pissed me off and depressed me at the time, it really has had no effect at all on me in the long run.
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post
    I'm not trying to justify the actions of the kids. But I was bullied somewhat when I was younger. While it pissed me off and depressed me at the time, it really has had no effect at all on me in the long run.
    Not exactly conducive to a learning environment is it?

I witnessed a girl rip an earring out of the top part of the ear of another girl on a school bus.
    Equality is a false god.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Not exactly conducive to a learning environment is it?

I witnessed a girl rip an earring out of the top part of the ear of another girl on a school bus.
    No it isn't, but I'm not really keen on giving the government power to turn schools into PC day cares. This really wouldn't be a problem if we didn't have public schools. In a private school, the school would have to deal with the issue or risk losing a customer.

Sounds like they were taking it a bit too far with this handicapped girl, tho..

No it isn't, but I'm not really keen on giving the government power to turn schools into PC day cares. This really wouldn't be a problem if we didn't have public schools. In a private school, the school would have to deal with the issue or risk losing a customer.
    That ^^^

Even better, homeschooling FTW.

Another Theory of Bullying

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...ves/66133.html

Posted by Charles Featherstone on September 22, 2010 01:33 PM

I’d like to add few cents to the discussion on bullying. It struck me — as someone who was pretty thoroughly bullied in a state elementary school in Southern California from 4th through 6th grade — that bullying is not only tolerated, but encouraged by teachers, as a way of (1) maintaining “order” and (2) providing a very cheap way of rewarding those who are favored by the hierarchy.

By order, I mean enforcement of conformity and the stifling of any sort of dissent or real difference (as opposed to the alleged difference of the multi-culturalists). It is a very cheap way of ensuring that the norms of the community are enforced upon those who actually differ or may be most likely to differ. It has been my experience that a great many people simply cannot abide that some people choose to live differently, or like different things, and that makes them easy targets, especially in communities where shared social norms are very, very important, in which it is believed that people should not be allowed to make choices too far outside what is expected or demanded of them. This is why I love big cities, as opposed to suburbs or small towns. In cities, I can live the way I want without fear that someone is going to try and make it an issue. Knowing your neighbors is pointless if you have to live in fear of them.

And there is the matter of rewards. The world is full of sadists, people who enjoy brutalizing and humiliating other people, especially the weak, so it is better to make sure they are on the right side of the hierarchy (you know, giving them badges and guns when they are old enough) and serving its interests. Allowing or encouraging kids to bully other kids rewards them with power — a cheap reward, really, but one valued by the kids who bully. It means, for the most part, they aren’t going focus their sadism up toward the hierarchy, but down, toward approved victims of state power.

While suing is a nice idea, and a cute one, I don’t buy it. It won’t make kids stop, or their parents care, and it will not really change authority structures. The only way things stopped for me was working up the courage to fight back, which I started doing in 7th grade. It was hard, because I was never allowed to fight back, either by my parents or by teachers (and certainly not encouraged), and since no one acted to stop anything, I was effectively disarmed. And I paid a price for fighting, one that makes me angry to this day. It was worth it, though.

I'd bet the rent money that it did.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I'd bet the rent money that it did.
    I'm going to have to agree. For instance, he brought it up just now I'm sure there were any number of things that had no impact whatsoever on me that happened 20+ years ago. I just can't recall what they were.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It bothered me, I eventually learned to fight back.
    I still hate violence, but have been told by those that found out that I hit HARD.

It is the only cure I have found for bullies.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-Austin View Post
    How how much a twisted little punk do you have to be to make fun of someone handicapped like that.

That this was even allowed to go on is shocking, of course the dad couldn't stand sending his defenseless daughter off to spend time with a pack of wolves each day.
    The idea that you should care about those less fortunate than you (in whatever way that happens to be) is not instilled in a lot of kids. Even when it is, it can make that other child a target of bullying, too, so they just keep quiet or go with the flow and contribute to the bullying. You can see the same behavior in adults.

My parents, or a family friend (depending on how far back we are talking), would drive me to school. There weren't buses that served my area for most of them. Being different was discouraged, but it wasn't the end of the world. Ultimately the bullying complaints go back to the parents yelling at the schools to do something about it.

If this guy thinks he was going to make things way safer for his daughter by yelling at and threatening the boys on the bus, he is sadly mistaken. Now they have more fodder with which to make fun of her, and they have the protection of the school who will rally to their defense and say "how dare you! They're only children!" It's sad, but in this case since she can't fight back, you as a parent need to remove her from that situation. Homeschooling sounds like a great idea, or talking to "special" schools in the area who might sympathize with the case and offer scholarships, or even just a regular private school that might be interested (religious schools in particular). Or, hell, drive the girl to school.

As for Vessol, I go back to your comment about it not having an impact on you. Even if we take that to be true, you were not (to my knowledge anyhow?) handicapped like this little girl is. Her processing of what's happening to her, and her capacity to fight back, are probably compromised, which is why I suggested what I did. Otherwise, I'd suggest the kid learn some survival skills and focus on what is really actionable, if it comes to that, further on down the line.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

The punks deserved it.

Just wanted to add a good story here.

There was a kid in my high school that was picked on by the jocks. Every day the kid went through a hell because as he passed the jocks in the hall they would punch him in the bicep.
    One day I guess the kid just got tired of it.
    He took some thumbtacks and pressed them through some duct tape and wrapped his upper arm in them. Then he covered the "porcupine" with his shirt.
    The first jock that laid into him that day got a real surprise. From what I heard his knuckles actually stuck to the kids arm. Lucky for the kid, as I'm sure he'd have received a major ass beating, a teacher was right around the corner and heard the "WTF!" from the jock.
    Both went to the principals office. Jock was suspended and kid skated. Kid skated even beyond the authorities as the jocks gave him some kind of recognition and left him alone after and forever razzed the perpetrator.
    I thought it was pretty clever. Brilliant even. The kid wasn't culpable. If the jock hadn't initiated violence then nothing would have happened.
    Today the kid would probably be questioned for having a harmful devise or something like that. Much the shame.
    Hope it kinda applies and you liked the story.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    It bothered me, I eventually learned to fight back.
    I still hate violence, but have been told by those that found out that I hit HARD.

It is the only cure I have found for bullies.
    Yeah, that's the best way. In the middle of class is the best time. It sets an example.

They used to bully "Francis", until he stepped up. A case could be made that he went too far though:

YouTube - Stripes - Don't Call Me Francis

(So many good uses for that clip)
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

These kids who are insulting the girl with cerebral palsy need to be shown the cat-o'-nine-tails. Just shown the first time. Second time, they can see what it feels like to be in the Royal Navy.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast