Thread: Debra Medina and Kinky Friedman Join Together to Eliminate Property Tax in Texas

Debra Medina and Kinky Friedman Join Together to Eliminate Property Tax in Texas

Debra Medina and Kinky Friedman join together to eliminate property tax in Texas

We Texans - Defending Texas State Sovereignty
    http://www.wetexans.com/

YouTube - Debra Medina and Kinky Friedman join together to eliminate property tax - TV Ad
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Property tax is the reason we are not free.

Ok well I am all for less taxes so this is good. That would make Texas completely tax free which is odd. But I have always thought that governments merely provide a service and if it is a good one people will pay for it voluntarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    Property tax is the reason we are not free.
    Indeed, eliminating the property tax would spur huge amounts of growth. I for one, would consider moving.

Very nice!!!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Cool, but I wish that was produced better if it's going to be on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Cool, but I wish that was produced better if it's going to be on TV.
    For sure, it's pretty amateurish.

Also, it would be great if this concept went viral.

Eliminate property tax in America

Wouldn't that be kewl!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Stary Hickory View Post
    Ok well I am all for less taxes so this is good. That would make Texas completely tax free which is odd. But I have always thought that governments merely provide a service and if it is a good one people will pay for it voluntarily.
    Texas would not be "tax free" under this plan. Sales taxes on houses and other items would generate the money needed for government to continue operating inefficiently.

Here's the plan Medina cited during her campaign.

Here's an amazing speech given by Medina in Victoria, TX on 2/10/2010 where she touches on this subject:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jesubub?.../0/4K5zeLT91-I
    Last edited by Jesubub; 09-22-2010 at 09:15 AM.

Yeah, Texas would still have a sales tax. However, without the ridiculously high property taxes, things would be much better.
    A place to stay, Enough to eat
    Somewhere old heroes shuffle safely down the street
    Where you can speak out loud
    About your doubts and fears
    And what's more no-one ever disappears
    You never hear their standard issue kicking in your door.
    You can relax on both sides of the tracks
    And maniacs don't blow holes in bandsmen by remote control
    And everyone has recourse to the law
    And no one kills the children anymore.

- Roger Waters

Quote Originally Posted by Eroberer View Post
    Yeah, Texas would still have a sales tax. However, without the ridiculously high property taxes, things would be much better.
    I agree, but we can't overlook the size of government as the other major enemy of freedom.

lasso from el paso? does someone want to like really hog~tie
    debra medina + kinky friedman into a future Gov/Lt.Gov run???

Deb/Kinky? Ole Kinky... He had a good run 4 yrs back, but an article he had written about guns worried me...