Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mom Diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)...Help?

pcgame

Last edited by pcgame; 07-18-2012 at 11:01 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Donnay,

I have been committed. I used to think the same as you many years ago when I first started down my health journey. I used to judge those who were not getting better and thought it was their fault. They didn't try hard enough. They didn't take the right vitamins. They didn't give it enough time to work. Well after 7 years of not having much success with the very vitamins I was telling people to take, I realized how much of a hypocrite I had become! All I have done is collect a bunch of vitamins that do not work. That give me heart palpitations, bone pain, anxiety, tremors, severe hives and some have even sent me to the ER. Despite not knowing a single person cured by POTS with supplements etc, I still thought I was going to be the first one...Talk about being full of myself!

Does this mean I tell people NOT to try supplements. Absolutely not, but speaking as if these supplements are the cure all for all chronic illness is so far from the truth. Have you ever thought of the potential consequences of telling people what supplements to take? Especially since you really do not know anything about the person on the other side of the keyboard?

The only woman I know who was cured of POTS was healed by God. She did not take any supplements, medicine or anything to get better. A man laid his hands on this lady and she was instantly cured and has been for over a year.

I'm really having a hard time understanding your last statement. It's as if you think I want this, but that's so far from the truth. It makes me sad for you, that you actually think that way about me. But I forgive you for it is hard to understand what it is like to have a chronic illness when you do not have one yourself.
    Go check out my vocal covers on Youtube. Thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVdQYPR6lEo

Quote Originally Posted by Birdlady View Post
    Donnay,

I have been committed. I used to think the same as you many years ago when I first started down my health journey. I used to judge those who were not getting better and thought it was their fault. They didn't try hard enough. They didn't take the right vitamins. They didn't give it enough time to work. Well after 7 years of not having much success with the very vitamins I was telling people to take, I realized how much of a hypocrite I had become! All I have done is collect a bunch of vitamins that do not work. That give me heart palpitations, bone pain, anxiety, tremors, severe hives and some have even sent me to the ER. Despite not knowing a single person cured by POTS with supplements etc, I still thought I was going to be the first one...Talk about being full of myself!

Does this mean I tell people NOT to try supplements. Absolutely not, but speaking as if these supplements are the cure all for all chronic illness is so far from the truth. Have you ever thought of the potential consequences of telling people what supplements to take? Especially since you really do not know anything about the person on the other side of the keyboard?

The only woman I know who was cured of POTS was healed by God. She did not take any supplements, medicine or anything to get better. A man laid his hands on this lady and she was instantly cured and has been for over a year.

I'm really having a hard time understanding your last statement. It's as if you think I want this, but that's so far from the truth. It makes me sad for you, that you actually think that way about me. But I forgive you for it is hard to understand what it is like to have a chronic illness when you do not have one yourself.
    What condition do you have? That sounds fixable.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdlady View Post
    Donnay,

That is exactly what I was talking about above.

I am a firm believer that vitamins and minerals are the answer to chronic illnesses. However, one must find the purist pharmaceutical grades. There are plenty of companies out there. I, personally, like Dr. Wallach's company Youngevity. Too many vitamin/mineral companies use an over abundance of fillers, and that in of itself can be a detriment to the person. 90 essential vitamins and minerals are what the body needs daily. You cannot get it through food.

Our bodies need about 90 different vitamins and minerals, most of them in trace quantities. A deficiency of any mineral will give rise to disease. For example, according to Dr. Joel Wallach, calcium deficiency is responsible for over 140 different diseases. In Dr. Wallach's book, "Rare Earths Forbidden Cures," He shows how the results of mineral deficiencies can bring on illnesses. The soil that food is grown in is depleted of minerals, fertilizer only replaces three of them (nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus), and typical mineral supplements may/can be hard to digest. Intake of plant-derived liquid colloidal minerals might be what your body needs.

This is definitely worth a listen:

Absolutely not, but speaking as if these supplements are the cure all for all chronic illness is so far from the truth. Have you ever thought of the potential consequences of telling people what supplements to take? Especially since you really do not know anything about the person on the other side of the keyboard?
    First off, I am not telling anyone to do anything. So please do not put words in my mouth. What I am putting up is my research and I hope others will follow suit and do the necessary research themselves. I do take umbrage, at the fact, that you make it sound like I am talking down to people and acting like a know-it-all. That is the furthest from the truth. I want to help people get away from the allopathic let downs. Most allopathic doctors are not interested in curing people, as much as they are willing to treat illness and keep them strung along as a nice meal ticket. It helps Big pHarma as well.

Dr. Wallach has found that you need 90 nutrients a day--you need 60 minerals; 16 vitamins; 12 essential Amino acids (or protein building blocks); 3 essential fatty acids = 90 nutrients in your diet everyday. If you don't, you are going to get a deficiency disease if you do not have them in complete numbers and optimal amounts. Could finding cures be so simply--bah humbug! Right? While I understand your cynicism, and empathize with you, I am not ever going to give up hope--whether it be from God Almighty, himself, or whether it be from someone helping you to look in the right direction. Dr. Wallach has done that for me and my family. I was just hoping to pass this information to others.
    Last edited by donnay; 07-15-2012 at 05:10 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234