Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 94

Thread: Mom Diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)...Help?

  1. #1

    Default Mom Diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)...Help?

    As the title says, my mom was diagnosed with ALS two days ago and the medical community has effectively said she's screwed. If anyone has any experience with this or knows anyone who had, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

    This is pretty much all I have found on alternative methods: http://www.naturalnews.com/028734_ALS_remedies.html



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Was diagnosed with mixed connective tissue disease which included ALS and Scleroderma in 1992. Was give 2 years to live. I heard of Dr. Harry Browns work with antibiotic Minocycline and scleroderma.

    I was fortunate to have had a Dr. that allowed me to take the antibiotic. I took it for two years and I have survived to tell the story.

    This antibiotic has now been shown to stop most cancers in it's tract with no kill off or side effects.

    Run to this treatment as fast as you can and do not let any dr. talk you out of it.

    This book tells you how to take it and how much, get it:

    http://www.brightsurf.com/buy/books/...your-life.html

  4. #3

    Default

    I would say firstly, diet diet diet.

    A book 'Could it Be B12' Look it up on Amazon, pay attention to the elaborate, hard to maximize and often broke absorption process for B12 in the modern American diet, stomach PH and bacterial balance being critical.


    The other poster pointed to AntiBiotics. I would be careful... antibiotics usually level the balance of your gut floor. To throw out another line of thought that antibiotics might actually encourage an imbalance with yeast. Perhaps the antibotic he sites might well also discourage yeast or fungal issues. I'm not a doctor but these issues require a full, comprehensive understanding. I thought this was intresting http://www.healthlyceum.com/id5.html
    “We have it in our power to begin the world over again.” - Thomas Paine

  5. #4

    Default

    Please see a doctor and do not take medical advice from here.

  6. #5
    une plume de Libertée GunnyFreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Youngsville, NC
    Posts
    22,645
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    I am so sorry to hear that TCE. My prayers are with you, your mother, and your family. i wish there was something more I could do.
    Monday, December 22, 2014. The newly elected Congressmen and Legislators prepare to get to work as something happens and trillions of overseas dollars begin to repatriate as fast as they can be brought in. Monetary volume within the United States doubles in 40 days. What is Congress to do? Who did you elect to Congress in November?

  7. #6

    Default

    The reason the antibiotics worked is most likely because you didn't have ALS but borrelia burgdorferi, or better known as lyme disease. Lyme mimics many chronic inflammatory diseases including ALS, MS, CFS, rheumatoid arthritis, Parkinson's disease and many more.

    Getting her blood tested for lyme disease can be an option. Unfortunately the lyme bacteria embeds itself deep in the tissue of your body allowing it to hide from the immune system which prevents your body from producing antibodies against it. The antibodies are what they need to find to diagnose you with lyme disease. Some of the most heavily infected people routinely test negative.

    Your mother should definitely try a tetracycline antibiotic like doxycycline or minocycline at low doses to start out with as a severe herxhemier reaction can occur from the die off. This is espcially true if she has chronic lyme disease that has been brewing for many years. It's best to start at low doses and work your way up while sticking to a strict detoxing regimen while supporting your body with vitamins and minerals. I have a lot of experience with lyme disease as I currently have it myself. If your mother happens to respond to antibiotic treatment feel free to PM me, I will help you. If you can't find a doctor to get you antibiotics I can also help with that as well.

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fedup100 View Post
    Was diagnosed with mixed connective tissue disease which included ALS and Scleroderma in 1992. Was give 2 years to live. I heard of Dr. Harry Browns work with antibiotic Minocycline and scleroderma.

    I was fortunate to have had a Dr. that allowed me to take the antibiotic. I took it for two years and I have survived to tell the story.

    This antibiotic has now been shown to stop most cancers in it's tract with no kill off or side effects.

    Run to this treatment as fast as you can and do not let any dr. talk you out of it.

    This book tells you how to take it and how much, get it:

    http://www.brightsurf.com/buy/books/...your-life.html
    She doesn't have very many of the scleroderma symptoms, though. We have tried several antibiotics with no success.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethek
    I would say firstly, diet diet diet.

    A book 'Could it Be B12' Look it up on Amazon, pay attention to the elaborate, hard to maximize and often broke absorption process for B12 in the modern American diet, stomach PH and bacterial balance being critical.


    The other poster pointed to AntiBiotics. I would be careful... antibiotics usually level the balance of your gut floor. To throw out another line of thought that antibiotics might actually encourage an imbalance with yeast. Perhaps the antibotic he sites might well also discourage yeast or fungal issues. I'm not a doctor but these issues require a full, comprehensive understanding. I thought this was intresting http://www.healthlyceum.com/id5.html
    I definitely agree with you about diet. I am firmly convinced most diseases can be dramatically helped by switching to an all-raw organic diet. Unfortunately, she won't do that, which is disappointing, but the people who do that are seriously heroes. We have switched her to a diet that is all-organic and mostly simple, one-ingredient foods. We have tried it before, but not to this extent. We did a couple of candida cleanses to no avail.

    Quote Originally Posted by MRocked
    Please see a doctor and do not take medical advice from here.
    We have seen many doctors over a couple of states, the best there is, supposedly and all have said the same thing, that the only thing they can do is prescribe one particular drug and it can only extend her life by a bit, but that's all. The side effects are deadly. Additionally, she was mis-diagnosed for two years, so my entire family is not very high on the medical community right now.

    Gunny: Thank you. You have done more than enough already, now you just have to push through in a month and take one for liberty.

    Tenbatsu: She has been tested a couple of times for Lyme disease and each time it showed nothing. Is the only way to know if you have it by beginning treatment? What are the main symptoms? How are you doing currently?

  9. #8

    Default

    Cannabis/Rick Simpson Hemp Oil is shown to be beneficial for neurodegenerative diseases

    http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=660

    Medical benefits of cannabis.

    Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0417193338.htm

    Heart study finds benefit from pot
    http://www.ocregister.com/ocr/sectio...cle_471358.php

    Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries
    http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/n...dened-arteries

    Marijuana can prevent blindness in Glaucoma patients. http://www.preventblindness.org/reso...ijuanaFS01.PDF

    Use of Marijuana to Treat Glaucoma
    http://www.medem.com/medlb/article_d...C&sub_cat=2012

    Cannabinoids promote embryonic and adult hippocampus neurogenesis and produce anxiolytic- and antidepressant-like effects
    http://www.jci.org/115/11/3104?FIRST...855602212_4399

    Decreased Depression In Cannabis Users, Study Says
    http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6586

    Marijuana users report less depression.
    http://www.doctordeluca.com/Library/...nMjUsers05.pdf

    Medical marijuana for ADD YouTube - Medical marijuana for ADD and it's good for kids!

    Study backs medicinal benefits of cannabis
    http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2000/...bis000301.html

    U.S. Government Knew In 1974: THC Inhibits Cancer Tumors http://projectcensored.org/publications/2001/22.html

    and to recent research in Spain finding that THC stopped brain tumors in rats and protected surrounding nerve tissue, demonstrating neuroprotectant aspect of Cannabinoids. PDF of Dr. Guzman's research: http://americanmarijuana.org/Guzman-Cancer.pdf

    There is also evidence that cannabis is protective against the neurotoxic effects of stroke and head injury. Further evidence shows that cannabis is effective in slowing the progression of various neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's, MS, Parkinson's, and ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease).
    http://stroke.ahajournals.org/cgi/co...ract/36/5/1071
    http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/full/95/14/8268
    http://www.jneurosci.org/cgi/content/full/21/17/6475
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...&dopt=Citation
    http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/...ll/126/10/2191
    http://www.letfreedomgrow.com/cmu/am..._sclerosis.htm

    Cannabis also protects mice against brain cell death caused by alcohol.
    http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/cgi/co...urcetype=HWCIT




    for more info on Rick Simpson Hemp Oil see the blog in my sig
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

    When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan

  10. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TCE View Post
    Tenbatsu: She has been tested a couple of times for Lyme disease and each time it showed nothing. Is the only way to know if you have it by beginning treatment? What are the main symptoms? How are you doing currently?
    Everyone is affected differently when it comes to lyme disease. Muscle spasms are generally the first sign but that's within the first year or so. After that lyme usually does either or both of these two two things: It hits your large joints; knees, shoulders - and/or it goes to your brain where it can cause all kinds of problems.

    Numbness in the face, slurred speech, tinnitus, gradual loss of eyesight, constant migraines, vertigo, dizziness, loss of taste; these are just a few of the hundred of symptoms neuro lyme can produce. There really are too many symptoms to list.

    Thankfully I caught mine within the first year of infection and have been spared the lengthy battle with chronic lyme disease. My girlfriend was not so lucky as she most likely picked it up doing archeology in 2004. She has chronic neuro lyme and it has been a battle for the past two years to get her back into a normal condition. I will say this, doctors are generally useless, even some of the lyme literate ones. We have had more success treating ourselves than through the thousands of dollars spent with the medical establishment. She was first diagnosed with MS but we decided to get her tested for lyme which came back just slightly negative but basically right on the line. That was enough for me to believe she had it. We had just watched the documentary Under Our Skin two months before this so we had a basic understanding of how the blood tests are a poor indicator of infection.

    I have a few questions for you too. What type of antibiotics has she tried so far and what dosages were prescribed? Did her symptoms get worse while on them? How long did she stay on them?

    Edit: I forgot to address one of your questions. For people who routinely test negative some lyme literate doctors use a natural antibiotic called samento (cats claw) to see whether or not lyme is present. When used at a relatively high dose for three days you will more than likely get a herxhemier reaction from it which will more or less prove that you have lyme or one of its coninfections . Using doxycycline can also produce this same effect but can be risky for someone who has chronic neuro lyme. My girlfriend started out at doxy 200mg/day after she was prescribed it by her primary care doctor. After two days the herxheimer reaction in her brain was so severe and she had to stop it altogether.

    Also note, there is a growing consenus that attacking lyme while not attacking its coinfections is futile. All coninfections need to be tested for and treated accordingly in order for the treatment to be successful.
    Last edited by Tenbatsu; 09-20-2010 at 09:20 PM.

  11. #10
    Moderatorus Emeritus Cowlesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    17,019

    Default

    So sorry to hear TCE

    But Mark is right. This forum is definitely not a place for medical advice. There may be some good suggestions, but like you are already doing, your homework is the best work on the subject.

    Sorry
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister


  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Please see a doctor and do not take medical advice from here.
    +infinity

  13. #12

    Default

    yes, take some expensive pharmaceuticals, the FDA/Pharmacetucal's/Doctors are looking out for you =]
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

    When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Please see a doctor and do not take medical advice from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    +infinity
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    So sorry to hear TCE

    But Mark is right. This forum is definitely not a place for medical advice. There may be some good suggestions, but like you are already doing, your homework is the best work on the subject.

    Sorry
    I'd say, don't take the advice of the Mods on this forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    yes, take some expensive pharmaceuticals, the FDA/Pharmacetucal's/Doctors are looking out for you =]
    Shack.
    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of apportionment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TCE View Post
    I definitely agree with you about diet. I am firmly convinced most diseases can be dramatically helped by switching to an all-raw organic diet. Unfortunately, she won't do that, which is disappointing, but the people who do that are seriously heroes. We have switched her to a diet that is all-organic and mostly simple, one-ingredient foods. We have tried it before, but not to this extent. We did a couple of candida cleanses to no avail.
    Simple is good. Inflammation can happen with food as well as for microbs. Most common allergies should be looked at on the diet. Humans are not well equiped to handle processed grains. I would cut out Wheat flour, and maybe oats unless you can find a gluten free source. I would also be mindful of anything with soy.

    Dairy is another large one, use a gluten free pancake mix with coconut milk. Sugar is another big thing to watch (yeast growth which causes carb cravings)
    Id avoid the rice milk for that reason
    It sounds far out but it gets better the more you build your arsenal. I would not worry about all raw. I couldn't do that. Just eliminate one thing at a time.

    You absolutely need to read the book 'Could it be B12' with an eye on how poor the standard diet is, even if its 'healthy' sounding if its loaded with carbs it likely is not what your body needs. Good luck. I see some room for optimism because you have a lot of understanding to come by and room to move with the diet.
    “We have it in our power to begin the world over again.” - Thomas Paine

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Please see a doctor and do not take medical advice from here.
    The doctor said she's screwed, this is all they have.

    I personally don't take advice from the Medical Industrial Establishment.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  17. #16

    Default

    Found the book on Amazon

    Could it Be B12

    Lots of information that could be relevent to your mom. No raw diet required but you might go whole hog if you read the book. I think Alkalinity in the multistep process and how that is so easily (and negatively) affected by modern diet or mass doses of antibiotics, was the real eye opener for me. Made absolute sense to my matrix of beliefs around personal health.

    Check out This Review Someone whos doctor suspected ALS screened for B12 Deficiency.
    “We have it in our power to begin the world over again.” - Thomas Paine

  18. #17

    Default

    Looks like unfiltered apple cider vinegar is going to help quite a bit as well, according to the link posted in the OP, the post right above mine, making yourself more alkaline.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  19. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenbatsu View Post
    The reason the antibiotics worked is most likely because you didn't have ALS but borrelia burgdorferi, or better known as lyme disease. Lyme mimics many chronic inflammatory diseases including ALS, MS, CFS, rheumatoid arthritis, Parkinson's disease and many more.

    Getting her blood tested for lyme disease can be an option. Unfortunately the lyme bacteria embeds itself deep in the tissue of your body allowing it to hide from the immune system which prevents your body from producing antibodies against it. The antibodies are what they need to find to diagnose you with lyme disease. Some of the most heavily infected people routinely test negative.

    Your mother should definitely try a tetracycline antibiotic like doxycycline or minocycline at low doses to start out with as a severe herxhemier reaction can occur from the die off. This is espcially true if she has chronic lyme disease that has been brewing for many years. It's best to start at low doses and work your way up while sticking to a strict detoxing regimen while supporting your body with vitamins and minerals. I have a lot of experience with lyme disease as I currently have it myself. If your mother happens to respond to antibiotic treatment feel free to PM me, I will help you. If you can't find a doctor to get you antibiotics I can also help with that as well.
    First off, recently and I do not have the link but did read it, ALS DOES respond to minocycaline and so does 1/2 of all cancers. Recent articles point out that cancer it turns out is an infection!

    The antibiotics worked for me because ALS, cancer, and a plethora of other diseases that are a death sentence are nothing more than bacteria.

    The doctors will let her die. Unless you have taken this antibiotic you have done yourself no good.

    Diet will also kill you if your nervous system is infested with bacteria. Diet is something to do with proper treatment.

    AS far as die off. This is a good sign and easy to diffuse. juice a whole organic grapefruit and one whole lemon. Add 1/2 cup of pure virgin olive oil and drink all at once and go to bed as usual. In the morning you will feel like you got a shot at life.

    No, you do not taste or notice the olive oil.

    Again, my sister found Dr. Browns study for me by networking had she not done so I would not have been here to wreck havoc on RPF.

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethek View Post
    Simple is good. Inflammation can happen with food as well as for microbs. Most common allergies should be looked at on the diet. Humans are not well equiped to handle processed grains. I would cut out Wheat flour, and maybe oats unless you can find a gluten free source. I would also be mindful of anything with soy.

    Dairy is another large one, use a gluten free pancake mix with coconut milk. Sugar is another big thing to watch (yeast growth which causes carb cravings)
    Id avoid the rice milk for that reason
    It sounds far out but it gets better the more you build your arsenal. I would not worry about all raw. I couldn't do that. Just eliminate one thing at a time.

    You absolutely need to read the book 'Could it be B12' with an eye on how poor the standard diet is, even if its 'healthy' sounding if its loaded with carbs it likely is not what your body needs. Good luck. I see some room for optimism because you have a lot of understanding to come by and room to move with the diet.
    We have tried soy-free and gluten-free as well with no change. Additionally, we tested her for those allergies and nothing came up. I was surprised myself that after two months of gluten-free there was no change, but that's what happened. We have been at this for 3 or 4 years, unfortunately. We have tried: gluten/soy-free, eliminating all animal products (vegan), vegetarian, loading up on Omega-3s, and so many other things I can't even list. Sugar is another thing she won't give up...I know, very frustrating. I will look into the book.

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno
    The doctor said she's screwed, this is all they have.

    I personally don't take advice from the Medical Industrial Establishment.
    Yes, we have been told that by every doctor who will give any kind of answer. Their standard time line is 1-5 years and she has had it for over 4, so they believe she has MAYBE 1.5 years left. The people on these forums have a wide variety of skills and specialties, so I would not be shocked if someone on here could help or was knowledgeable in this area.

    Basically: Taking advice from RPF>Listening to the Medical Establishment and just sit around and wait for her to die. Yes, I am currently doing things myself, but extra knowledge isn't a bad thing.

  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TCE View Post
    We have tried soy-free and gluten-free as well with no change. Additionally, we tested her for those allergies and nothing came up. I was surprised myself that after two months of gluten-free there was no change, but that's what happened. We have been at this for 3 or 4 years, unfortunately. We have tried: gluten/soy-free, eliminating all animal products (vegan), vegetarian, loading up on Omega-3s, and so many other things I can't even list. Sugar is another thing she won't give up...I know, very frustrating. I will look into the book.
    Allergens in the diet may well induce inflammation in your intestines, that inflammation will prevent absorption of the important nutrients. Prolong chronic inflammation takes a while to heal. The only outward symptom might be a little acne or reoccurring dandruff.

    Just an aside, an all vegan diet has none of the B12 Vitamins you would need. It is a multistage process to get the B12 from animal proteins to your neural system. I would keep to the diet but check out the book. The apple cider vinger bit might sound like hersay but Danno is likely spot on in his recommendation. Whats a couple table spoon of viniger going to hurt? At worst it might cure some heartburn, which is usually a common tell to an out of wak ph balance
    Last edited by Ethek; 09-21-2010 at 08:32 PM.
    “We have it in our power to begin the world over again.” - Thomas Paine

  22. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethek View Post
    Allergens in the diet may well induce inflammation in your intestines, that inflammation will prevent absorption of the important nutrients. Prolong chronic inflammation takes a while to heal. The only outward symptom might be a little acne or reoccurring dandruff.

    Just an aside, an all vegan diet has none of the B12 Vitamins you would need. It is a multistage process to get the B12 from animal proteins to your neural system. I would keep to the diet but check out the book. The apple cider vinger bit might sound like hersay but Danno is likely spot on in his recommendation. Whats a couple table spoon of viniger going to hurt? At worst it might cure some heartburn, which is usually a common tell to an out of wak ph balance
    I remember a while ago Dr. Mercola recommended diluting raw, organic apple cider vinegar with a bit of water since it can cause severe burning going down, the water diluting it solves this problem. It is also a somewhat helpful weight loss aid, but that is another discussion for another day.

  23. #22
    Needs a bigger boat Anti Federalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In a Nine Line Bind
    Posts
    55,324
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Please see a doctor and do not take medical advice from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    So sorry to hear TCE

    But Mark is right. This forum is definitely not a place for medical advice. There may be some good suggestions, but like you are already doing, your homework is the best work on the subject.

    Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    +infinity
    Normally sound advice, but in this case the OP has made it clear the allopaths have pretty much thrown their hands up at the problem.

    Some good advice so far in this thread actually.

    TCE, perhaps take a consulation with a naturopath and see what they say.
    "It's a Free Country."
    "They hate us for our Freedoms."
    "The troops are protecting your Freedom."




    You're not nuts! You're FISHERMEN!!!

  24. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Normally sound advice, but in this case the OP has made it clear the allopaths have pretty much thrown their hands up at the problem.

    Some good advice so far in this thread actually.

    TCE, perhaps take a consulation with a naturopath and see what they say.
    Do you know where I can find one?

  25. #24
    "No matter how noble you try to make it, your good intentions will not compensate for the mistakes that people make; that want to run
    our lives and run the economy, and reject the principles of private property and making up our own decisions for ourselves." -Ron Paul

  26. #25

    Default

    When a doctor says that something is "incurable" and there's nothing more that can be done, the proper response is, "fuck you, I'll cure it myself!" When an allopathic doctor says a disease is incurable, it just means that there isn't a drug to prescribe for it, and there's nothing to cut or burn out.

    You're going to find all kinds of information and possible cures/treatments as you search. The best way to handle it is to find a naturopathic doctor that can help choose the best treatments to try, and then follow up to see if they are working.

    One of the best places to search for alternative treatments is http://curezone.com. It's a huge site, with a lot of knowledgeable people (including many naturopathic doctors) and they have a pretty good search engine.

    Making sure it's not Lyme disease is good advice... that's the first thing I'd do. Lyme can mimic over 300 diseases, and those in the know about Lyme believe that it's a lot more widespread than allopathic doctors believe, and it's responsible for a lot of the newer disease epidemics like chronic fatigue syndrome, MS, and ALS. There are several types of tests for Lyme that almost all doctors use, but the problem is that these tests have a lot of false negatives. You may want to research it a bit, but the best Lyme test available when I was looking into it a few years ago was here: http://centralfloridaresearch.com/ Lyme is pesky, but there are alternative cures.

    Good luck. Try to keep your Mom in high spirits. The body and unconscious mind controls the healing process, but the subconscious tells it what to do... as long as a person has hope and a belief that they will be cured, the body will do all it can to heal itself.
    "No matter how noble you try to make it, your good intentions will not compensate for the mistakes that people make; that want to run
    our lives and run the economy, and reject the principles of private property and making up our own decisions for ourselves." -Ron Paul

  27. #26
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

    When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan

  28. #27

    Default

    herb is amazing but it isn't a cure all however it sure does have its many benefits

    doctors nowadays freak me out, don't know if they are talking based on actual research or simply what they must tell you based on current drugs they need to peddle.
    Support Marijuana Legalization WORLDWIDE

  29. #28

    Default

    My grandfather died of ALS. I remember it effected his motor skills for speech at first then eventually had to be confined to a wheel chair. I was only 14 and lived out of state at the time so I didn't really get see what my grandmother had to go through so I apologize of not being any help.

    Best wishes to you and your mother.

  30. #29

    Default

    Do not know where you live but you want to go the best not just a naturoapath.

    Dr. Jonathan Wright Kent Wa. He is a real MD and a famous over the top natural doctor that will always go the natural route first. People come from all over the world to see this man. He is written about in Suzanne Somers new book and he really is the very best:

    http://www.tahomaclinic.com/

  31. #30

    Default

    Thanks again everyone. We are working through all of the information and are going to follow through what we have right now, but also checking into the Naturopath who is somewhat close to me.

    FedUp: I'm from Chicago, so that would be a trek for me. Mercola's Health Clinic is very close by though, and even though he charges a suicidal amount of money, it might be worth it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast




« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •