Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama bans British teenager from the US for calling him "a prick"

Hybrid View

Thumbs down Obama bans British teenager from the US for calling him "a prick"

British teenager Luke Angel has been banned from the US for sending an email to the White House calling President Obama an obscenity. The 17-year-old says he was drunk when he sent the mail and doesn't understand what the big deal is. "I don't remember exactly what I wrote as I was drunk. But I think I called Barack Obama a p***k. It was silly -- the sort of thing you do when you're a teenager and have had a few," he said. The FBI contacted local police who in turn confronted Luke and let him know that the US Department of Homeland Security didn't think his email was funny. "The police came and took my picture and told me I was banned from America forever. I don't really care but my parents aren't very happy," Angel said.

SOURCE:
    http://tech.slashdot.org/story/10/09...Email?from=rss
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    Has YOUR Congressman committed to voting AGAINST The Internet Sales Tax?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Just like Britain, we ban people because of speech. Yay for the Land of the Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Humanae Libertas View Post
    Just like Britain, we ban people because of speech. Yay for the Land of the Free!

So much for the 1st Amendment, eh?

Oh the irony on the proverbial saying... "Practice What You Preach" Lord Obama!

Maybe the kid should of called him a DOG... since he's admitted he's a Mutt.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Wow, so now the president can act like a monarch and ban people from the country, just because they insulted him.

Good thing the lad didn't elaborate even more, perhaps the monarch would have said, "off with his head."

//
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 09-15-2010 at 12:12 PM.

Can he actually do that? Seems like there would have to be some sort of trial first.

Geez what a prickish thing to do I guess he really is a prick. Reminds of John Adams and the krap he tried to pull.

All the authoritarian leftists are gloating over this at HuffPo.

htt p://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/14/uk-teen-banned-from-ameri_n_716471.html

Wow...just...wow! Sometimes I can't frickin' believe these people...or that I used to be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    All the authoritarian leftists are gloating over this at HuffPo.

htt p://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/14/uk-teen-banned-from-ameri_n_716471.html

Wow...just...wow! Sometimes I can't frickin' believe these people...or that I used to be one of them.
    I only saw 2 idiots out of 15 comments. I wouldn't paint them all with such a harsh label.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    I only saw 2 idiots out of 15 comments. I wouldn't paint them all with such a harsh label.

I didn't click on the link, but that is refreshing to hear. If the shoe had been on Bush's foot, then the reaction should be the same.

It's bullshit. It's a word and they banned him for life from our country. That shouldn't even be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post

I just went to check, and there were way more than two. In fact, half of what I read (all that it was in the first page) were supporting the measure, and only one was complaining against it directly.

Wow. You'd think this was satire.

I wonder what would happen if a U.S. citizen sent that same e-mail? Would that citizen be exiled from the States? Thoughts?

- ML

He insulted the king!

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    He insulted the king!
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
    - Mark Twain

"I'm Ron Paul, I'm a Congressman from Texas serving in my tenth term, I am the champion of the Constitution." 05/03/07 - revolution restarts

geezz what a prick( obama that is) is it really a crime to call obama a name?? what a f'in prick
    Ron Paul supporter since 2007, I do not stand with rand as is!!!

Hahahahaa.... awesome.

Edit:
    A Beds Police spokesman said: "The individual sent an email to the White House full of abusive and threatening language. We were informed by the Metropolitan Police and went to see him. He said, 'Oh dear, it was me'."
    Somehow I think there is more to the story. Though I prefer the original version
    Last edited by BlackTerrel; 09-14-2010 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    Hahahahaa.... awesome.
    Sarcasm, I hope?

Foreigners get banned from the USA on a regular basis if there is some reason to believe they are a security risk (e.g. terrorist), or that they won't leave if they come here.

I suspect in this case, the drunken Englishman probably made comments that the secret service considered threatening. I'm sure it wasn't just a blank page with the word "prick" on it.

Quote Originally Posted by libertarian4321 View Post
    Foreigners get banned from the USA on a regular basis if there is some reason to believe they are a security risk (e.g. terrorist), or that they won't leave if they come here.

I suspect in this case, the drunken Englishman probably made comments that the secret service considered threatening. I'm sure it wasn't just a blank page with the word "prick" on it.
    You're sure?

Gordon Brown is a prick.
    If Ron Paul is insane, then who is sane?

Doing nothing with the knowledge of our ruin is like suicide.

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

Thumbs down

wtf?
    Are we living in 1984?
    What's next?
    A Camel, Lion, and Child.

Blog Entries

This is hilarious. Screw that Limey. Those Limeys banned Michael Savage.

You guys have no sense of awesome. That little limey teenager bragging about how he gets drunk and just sent hateful shit to my president. The the punk's teenage response was "Whatever, I didn't even want to go."

Fuck him. I'm with Obama.

Every reason you think Obama shouldn't be president, is the same reason I have no sympathy for some British twit being permabanned for disrespecting and threatening the head of our government. The key note is that he is not an American. We get to call our president a prick.

Now reading further, I'd say the Limey police showing up at his home
    is a bit uncalled for. I think it would have been 10x more awesome if Obama sent him an official Whie House letter that looked like an invitation, but instead kindly told him to "piss off".
    Last edited by Promontorium; 09-15-2010 at 12:26 AM.
    We accept both kinds of political theories here; No government and Anarchy. Ronpaulforums.com "Big Tent"

Didn't John Adams throw someone in fail for insulting him?

Quote Originally Posted by Promontorium View Post

You guys have no sense of awesome. That little limey teenager bragging about how he gets drunk and just sent hateful shit to my president. The the punk's teenage response was "Whatever, I didn't even want to go."

Fuck him. I'm with Obama.

Every reason you think Obama shouldn't be president, is the same reason I have no sympathy for some British twit being permabanned for disrespecting and threatening the head of our government. The key note is that he is not an American. We get to call our president a prick.

Now reading further, I'd say the Limey police showing up at his home
    is a bit uncalled for. I think it would have been 10x more awesome if Obama sent him an official Whie House letter that looked like an invitation, but instead kindly told him to "piss off".

What an unliberty-minded view

Not surprised. Obama is a dictator and I don't think he plans on leaving office, ever, no matter how the 2012 election goes.
    When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads. --Ron Paul

Pro-life is Pro-liberty
    http://www.l4l.org/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    What an unliberty-minded view
    Nope!

To me "liberty" isn't "gauranteed admission" into any nation you want regardless of who you are.

Britain's a relatively free country, America is a relatively free country, movement between has nothing to do with individual rights.

Obama didn't force him to do anything. His rights, his liberty, weren't affected at all.

I don't buy this communist version of "liberty" many "no-border" people push here. I've read the Communist Manifesto, I don't need a summary, Communism asserts no one can own property.

I take another view, not only should people have the right, the liberty to own property, they also have a right to organize into a nation. If people can own land and call it a free nation, by the very nature of this right, people wandering into the land and freeloading is a rights violation. Immigration regulation is an expression of citizen's right to accept or reject who they desire.

The United States government gives special power to the president to temporarily make all kinds if decisions without your approval. That's in the Constitution. You might think Obama is a prick, but you're wrong to think telling someone they can't join our club is "anti-liberty".

It's liberty that gives people the right to exclusivity, Communism asserts that everyone is always welcome.

And if Obama never forgives him, the next president might.

And do I think this system is the best? Hell no. But you have things backwards when you think anyone can just waltz into this private nation whenever the hell the they want. That is not liberty, that is a complete lack of it.
    Last edited by Promontorium; 09-15-2010 at 02:34 PM.
    We accept both kinds of political theories here; No government and Anarchy. Ronpaulforums.com "Big Tent"

Nope!

To me "liberty" isn't "gauranteed admission" into any nation you want regardless of who you are.

Britain's a relatively free country, America is a relatively free country, movement between has nothing to do with individual rights.

Obama didn't force him to do anything. His rights, his liberty, weren't affected at all.

I don't buy this communist version of "liberty" many "no-border" people push here. I've read the Communist Manifesto, I don't need a summary, Communism asserts no one can own property.

I take another view, not only should people have the right, the liberty to own property, they also have a right to organize into a nation. If people can own land and call it a free nation, by the very nature of this right, people wandering into the land and freeloading is a rights violation. Immigration regulation is an expression of citizen's right to accept or reject who they desire.

The United States government gives special power to the president to temporarily make all kinds if decisions without your approval. That's in the Constitution. You might think Obama is a prick, but you're wrong to think telling someone they can't join our club is "anti-liberty".

It's liberty that gives people the right to exclusivity, Communism asserts that everyone is always welcome.

And if Obama never forgives him, the next president might.

And do I think this system is the best? Hell no. But you have things backwards when you think anyone can just waltz into this private nation whenever the hell the they want. That is not liberty, that is a complete lack of it.

Not sure how this turned into a discussion about communism.
    I know he is a subject of the GB, and not the U.S, and there is no "inherent right" for him to be able to enter this country. But to ban him for offending the president smells of arrogance to me, and unless he made a direct threat on his life or towards our citizens, was completely unnecesary.

If I were POTUS, and someone called me a prick, if I responded at all, it would be to say that I hope he changed his mind. It wouldn't be, "Well, guess what? You are forever forbidden to enter our country, so there! By orders of The King! "

Childish, in my opinion.

FUCK YEAH! Let's out-totalitarian those bastards! Who cares about the rule of law? So long as we turn our country into an irradiated pit quicker than the Brits, we win at life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast