Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama closes $60b arms deal with Saudi Arabia

Obama closes $60b arms deal with Saudi Arabia

Just friends helpin' friends.........

"The Obama administration is set to notify Congress of plans to offer advanced aircraft to Saudi Arabia worth up to $60 billion, the largest U.S. arms deal ever, and is in talks with the kingdom about potential naval and missile-defense upgrades that could be worth tens of billions of dollars more.

The administration plans to tout the $60 billion package as a major job creator—supporting at least 75,000 jobs, according to company estimates—and sees the sale of advanced fighter jets and military helicopters to key Middle Eastern ally Riyadh as part of a broader policy aimed at shoring up Arab allies against Iran."

Read more @ http://dailycaller.com/2010/09/13/ob...#ixzz0zOs9rXQt

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    president of peace
    ‎"dancing... is a healthy exercise, elegant and very attractive..." ~ Thomas Jefferson, March 14, 1818

They hate us for our policies, not our freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by tropicangela View Post
    president of peace
    Sure, he needs to win a Nobel Peace prize.

i'm just glad that'll be a few less things we have to pay to maintain.

Military Industrial Complex gots to eat. Government gotta feed it.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Hey...weren't most of the 9/11 hijackers/"masterminds" allegedly from Saudi Arabia? And didn't Condi Rice hand over a bunch of our nuclear technology to them about 1.5-2 years ago?

Seems reasonable.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Hey...weren't most of the 9/11 hijackers/"masterminds" allegedly from Saudi Arabia? And didn't Condi Rice hand over a bunch of our nuclear technology to them about 1.5-2 years ago?

Seems reasonable.
    beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by VBRonPaulFan View Post
    i'm just glad that'll be a few less things we have to pay to maintain.
    Bah - we don't sell second-hand junk.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    it's a bit of a middle finger to the israelis, if that's any consolation

Quote Originally Posted by lester1/2jr View Post
    it's a bit of a middle finger to the israelis, if that's any consolation
    That's okay , because we play both sides.

http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publ...cle_5739.shtml

U.S. and Israel sign a massive arms deal
    By Jerry Mazza
    Online Journal Associate Editor

Mar 29, 2010, 00:33

Email this article
    Printer friendly page

Here, I thought the U.S. and Israel were ready to go 15 rounds in the Garden (not Eden).

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’ insulted Vice President Biden, Middle East envoy George Mitchell, plus Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Clinton warned Netanyahu that the building of more settlements in the West Bank definitely will slow peace efforts. Netanyahu basically said who cares.

And then I read this HAARETZ headline: Despite row, U.S. and Israel sign massive arms deal. What, so they can use them on us? You gotta be kidding. But no, there it is, in the first paragraph: “As Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was in Washington this week absorbing the full wrath of the Obama administration, the Pentagon and Israel’s defense establishment were in the process of sealing a large arms deal.” Sounds like they’re playing, good cop, bad cop, n’est-ce pas?

“Well, isn’t that special,” Dana Carvey’s “Church Lady” smiles from cyberspace and asks, “Now, who could be behind that? (Beat) Saaatan?” Well, it certainly sounds like the great dissembler. As Haaretz says, “According to the deal, Israel will purchase three new Hercules C-130J airplanes. The deal for the three aircrafts, designed by Lockheed Martin, is worth roughly a quarter of a billion dollars. Each aircraft costs $70 million.” Ugh, I think, worth a quarter of a billion bucks, each plane $70 million? What? Who’s paying for this deal?

Well, the ‘deal,’ it turns out will be covered by American foreign assistance funds. What does that mean? We’re fronting them the money to buy our planes? Kiss my tassels.

And look at this: “The aircrafts were manufactured specifically for Israeli needs, and include a large number of systems produced by Israel’s defense industry.” What? When? Three new planes, $70 million each? They didn’t make these in a minute. Who ever heard? Well who ever said that you need to know what the Pentagon is doing? It is top secret, not for schlimazels like you, you taxpayer, you American senior citizen, useless eater. You’re lucky you’ve got your Social Security and Medicare for another year. Then it all goes to B’nai Brith. Arrrrrgh!

And what are the ‘Israeli’s special needs’ besides bombing Palestinians? Well, how about bombing the Iranians. Bombing the Jordanians, the Syrians, and the whole megillah? The Pentagon has got to be nuts. Or, once again, the Pentagon is letting little Israel play the big stick for them in the Middle East.

Listen to this: “The Pentagon will issue a formal announcement on the matter on Thursday vening.” That’s it, just like that? We don’t vote, we don’t know, we’re handing these vipers more deadly weapons, more money? Are you serious, Haaretz? Well, don’t shoot the messenger.

Right, but it says, “America and Israel have still not reached an agreement regarding the purchase of the Lockheed F-35 war plane. It is still not clear when that deal, which is estimated to be worth more than $3 billion, will finally be sealed and carried out.”

But don’t we give these characters $3 billiion a year to buy war crap? Is this it? And we have to front them even more for the first deal? And we’re supposed to not be angry at these goons for trying to gobble up the West Bank. Is Obama getting head from Monica Lewinski? What’s going on: Three Lockhead F-35’s; three new Hercules C-130J airplanes?

And this for the country that does more spying on us than any nation, friend or enemy? Are we serious? What are those guys smoking at the Pentagon and who’s supplying them?

And here’s the capper. “If that deal is signed in the near future, Israel will likely receive its first F-35 in 2014.”

If that deal is sealed, wait a minute? Ho, hold on, that’s my, that’s our tax money, putz! Seal your lips before I get the Five Dancing Israelis to dance on your heads while we document Israel going up in smoke, not just the World Trade Center. These guys were videotaping one of their buddies dancing on a white moving fan in New Jersey, dancing and flicking his lighter as the towers burned and fell in the background.

And these schlimazels walked away after they were arrested for a couple of months, cold as stone, no remorse, nothing. And the FBI stood there with their hands on their privates, doing, saying nothing, as the boyz were extradited to Israel and claiming on TV there that they were to document the event. How did they know there was going to be an event to document, particularly one of those tragic proportions? How, Secretary Gates, tell me?

See, here’s what I believe. The reason we throw more and more money at Israel is because Israel, the Mossad, does all this dirty business for us, including helping to wipe out the WTC on 9/11. Larry Silverstein and Frank Loewy, his partner, the lessees of the WTC, are now reaching a new deal with the Port Authority for more money to build Towers 2 and 3, after they received $4.5 billion in insurance, and Larry another $500 million in insurance on Tower 7, which he built five stories higher and wider immediately. This is a cash cow for Silverstein and his buddies. That and other little “assignments” the dual Israel/American citizens and Mossad are so good at pulling off.

So by now you think I’m an anti-Semite saying this? No, everything I’ve said is the truth. When you tell the truth, fact, about someone that isn’t a religious or ethnic slur. It’s just the truth. Throw them all in jail. Go ahead. I am an American citizen. This is my country. And I don’t want my country associated with these murderers.

In fact, I’d like to know why so few people picked up on former US Marine Corps grunt Gordon Duff, who writes for Veterans Today, interviewing USMC Vietnam vet, Dr. Alan Sabrosky, former director of studies at the US Army War College, about his military knowledge that Israel Did It, that is 9/11, and has the potential to launch a nuclear strike. The Mossad, he claims, took down the towers with help of the CIA. Sabrosky, who is Jewish, but also a fiercely loyal American, is seething at the Israelis.

So, bottom line, it all comes back to following the money, and asking why we’re bowing to Israel, spotting them for billions for more high-powered, advanced tech planes, especially when they’ve thumbed their noses at our orders to not keep building new settlements in Palestine.

Providing arms to all sides is just good business.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

The administration plans to tout the $60 billion package as a major job creator—supporting at least 75,000 jobs, according to company estimates—and sees the sale of advanced fighter jets and military helicopters to key Middle Eastern ally Riyadh as part of a broader policy aimed at shoring up Arab allies against Iran."
    Jobs to the military industrial complex, which I'm sure is thriving regardless of what state the economy is in. Jobs that will go away as soon as the Saudi's money goes away.

As another imaginary benefit they also hinted that the transaction would "buy loyalty" from Saudi Arabia. Which I highly doubt is indicative of anything put in writing, it probably just came in the form of a wink and a nod from the Saudi crown, who were only willing to appease the White House to close the transaction. It seems naive to me though that you can buy a nation's loyalty just like that, Saudi Arabia will follow its own interests which may very well be divergent from the White House's in the future.

So what he is basically doing is making sure that many nations in the middle east who may not necessarily be allies with Iran, are getting armed to the teeth with up to date technology. Sounds like they are getting the middle east prepared for war, honestly.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by tropicangela View Post
    president of peace
    What Would Chocolate Jesus Do?

Broker the largest arms deal in the history of mankind? You bet your ever-lovin ass he would!

Yes we can!!!!!

When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    What Would Chocolate Jesus Do?

Broker the largest arms deal in the history of mankind? You bet your ever-lovin ass he would!

Yes we can!!!!!

YouTube - Tom Waits - Chocolate Jesus
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Is the argument here that we shouldn't sell to certain countries?

If they can pay what is the problem?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post

Don't try to start some crap--you know that we F around constantly with people who we will or won't sell arms to, and that changes from decade to decade--depending on who is the enemy du jour.

Pretending as if this is just some innocent trade agreement is bull$#@!.

blowback?

"Your country sold those bombs/missles/jets/drones/bullets/guns/etc. to a country that used them against us. Without your weapons, my son/daughter/uncle/aunt/mother/father/etc. would not be dead. I will avenge their deaths due to your meddling inventionist foreign policy."

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Don't try to start some crap--you know that we F around constantly with people who we will or won't sell arms to, and that changes from decade to decade--depending on who is the enemy du jour.

Pretending as if this is just some innocent trade agreement is bull$#@!.
    Perhaps. I'm just trying to see what the argument is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    blowback?

"Your country sold those bombs/missles/jets/drones/bullets/guns/etc. to a country that used them against us. Without your weapons, my son/daughter/uncle/aunt/mother/father/etc. would not be dead. I will avenge their deaths due to your meddling inventionist foreign policy."
    Ok that's what I was getting at. So the argument is that we should never sell weapons to foreign powers because of the potential for blowback?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing. Just want to see what the consensus is before I attempt to articulate my own opinion.

the israelis don't want us to sell to the saudis

'Israel trying to block U.S.-Saudi Arabia defense contract'
    Defense source says deal includes purchase of scores of new F-15 fighter jets and the upgrading of the 150 F-15s already in the Saudi air force.
    By Barak Ravid
    Israel is trying to prevent a big defense contract between the United States and Saudi Arabia from going through, a senior defense source told Haaretz. The deal includes the purchase of scores of new F-15 fighter jets and the upgrading of the 150 F-15s already in the Saudi air force.

The source said Israel expressed a number of reservations to the Americans over the past month, and the issue is expected to come up in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's meetings in Washington on Tuesday.
    http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...tract-1.299848

blowback?

Should not any deals be made directly between the countries and the US manufacturers?

Quote Originally Posted by lester1/2jr View Post
    the israelis don't want us to sell to the saudis
    This is one situation where the saudi's have more influence. Without the saudi's helping keep the petrodollar in place we would collapse.

Perhaps. I'm just trying to see what the argument is.

Ok that's what I was getting at. So the argument is that we should never sell weapons to foreign powers because of the potential for blowback?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing. Just want to see what the consensus is before I attempt to articulate my own opinion.
    Or we get attacked because we refuse to sell war material (Japan 1941).

So, if we sell war material, we get attacked, and if we don't sell war material, we get attacked. It seems that both cases have something in common.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugerrand View Post
    Should not any deals be made directly between the countries and the US manufacturers?
    Will the manufacturers be attacked, or will America?

Whoever does the selling, those who are attacked by the weapons are probably going to have a problem with it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, since we $#@!ed up and took out Saddam. I guess the Saudi's have to keep Iran in check, since we wont let Israel start WW3 over there.

Will the manufacturers be attacked, or will America?

Whoever does the selling, those who are attacked by the weapons are probably going to have a problem with it.
    Free market. If you don't trust the weapons somebody else purchases, go and buy some for yourself to deter attack.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    This is one situation where the saudi's have more influence. Without the saudi's helping keep the petrodollar in place we would collapse.
    If oil was priced in anything other than dollars ....

Quote Originally Posted by Krugerrand View Post
    Free market. If you don't trust the weapons somebody else purchases, go and buy some for yourself to deter attack.
    I understand that argument.

But in general, individuals aren't purchasing these weapons, countries and regimes are. And their purchase is often subsidized the U.S. It really doesn't matter if we understand free market economics, when that argument is lost on those who are affected by our foreign policy.

I'm sure all the weapons are made in China anyway.

Well, since we $#@!ed up and took out Saddam. I guess the Saudi's have to keep Iran in check, since we wont let Israel start WW3 over there
    that is probably what this is about

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast