Thread: The Buffinator has spoken

The Buffinator has spoken

"Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    "Happy Days Are Here Again!"
    "..and on Earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out...while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited Earth." -- Jesus of Nazareth

Quote Originally Posted by YumYum View Post
    "Happy Days Are Here Again!"
    How very insightful of you, lol.

a few things...about what they sid.

"The speed of scientific breakthrough is accelerating."
    actually, if you go by number of patents filed, innovation is declining; this could be, in part, due to the fact of how convoluted our patent system is, but it could also be a genuine trend in a slowing of innovation; as much as everyone loves exponential growth of technological progress and innovation, I really doubt that can stay, forever.

Not surprised this came from GE:
    he said, and manufacturing, with an aim to reduce the trade deficit, is the key.
    Considering the trade deficit means a net influx of capital into the country, I'm fine with it, not to mention the strength of manufacturing has been growing over the past few decades (less jobs though, thanks to efficiencies in the market, which means other jobs can be created elsewhere); his statement almost sounds like a case for good ole protectionism to me....

or maybe he's just stupid:

exports need to be rejuvenated, and clean energy and affordable health care need to be given top billing for policymakers,
    yeah...probably so:

Only optimism creates growth
    Wow? Really. Efficiencies in the market-place that generate wealth create growth, not optimism. This statement is just plain moronic.
    Last edited by Fox McCloud; 09-13-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox McCloud View Post
    a few things...

actually, if you go by number of patents filed, innovation is declining; this could be, in part, due to the fact of how convoluted our patent system is, but it could also be a genuine trend in a slowing of innovation; as much as everyone loves exponential growth of technological progress and innovation, I really doubt that can stay, forever.

and secondly:

Wow? Really. Efficiencies in the market-place that generate wealth create growth, not optimism. I'm really surprised he said this; given his huge successes, this statement comes off as moronic.
    This is the type of post I was looking for. Thanks.

The OPTIMISM statement made me think: Really? I think you've been getting blow jobs from Keynes' ghost.