Thread: High Blood Pressure

High Blood Pressure

Anyone have any "real" world experience of certain holisitic approaches to lowering high blood pressure.

Current reading: 148/92

Any particular supplements etc..?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rauwolfia Extra http://www.easyhealthzone.com/Rauwol...tm?click=11398

and magnesium taurate. http://www.amazon.com/Cardiovascular.../dp/B000OP5N12

Take one each, three times a day.

Research side effects before taking.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

High Blood pressure? no, sorry, No help there.
    I have low blood pressure as a rule. But I do find that these forums and the news posted can raise my pressure to what would be considered normal.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

My brother had pretty high BP--he lost weight/exercised, and that was his magic bullet. I "nagged" him a bit about it too, because I really didn't want to see him go on prescription stuff, which people never seem to get off of and that spoke to him.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    Anyone have any "real" world experience of certain holisitic approaches to lowering high blood pressure.

In the past Ive had much higher pressure than that... Namely from stress related to business/money, etc... But now its normal, and I never took any meds for it...

First things first.. Look at other meds you might be taking that are contributing.. If you have allergies and take an anti-histamine these will help contribute to higher blood pressure... also so will antacids like rolaids, tums, etc.

You can fix either of those problems usually thru diet and exercise and therefore alleviate some contributing factors.

Also, exercise is crucial.. even when my pressure would show up as 150/100 or something around that, I found that even brisk walking for 15 minutes could immediately lower it to 135/92, etc.

Also depending on how old you are, part of higher bp could be related to cholesterol clogging up your arteries.. 500mg a day of vitamin C will allow your blood vessels to heal and begin removing cholesterol from your arterial walls.

Vitamin C is also a mild diuretic.

Salt intake can also be a factor. all sodium intake (mainly from processed/unhealthy foods is always super high) thats excessive becomes very bad. if you have a sodium problem you can counteract it with potassium at a 2/1 ratio. If you dont want to eat alot of fruit you can buy a bottle of blackstrap molasses.. has as more potassium in a tablespoon than a banana. but it must be "blackstrap".

Also if you smoke cigarettes thats going to probably really contribute to clogging your arteries and super depletes your body's vitamin c stores..

thats all i can think of, off the top of my head.... let me know if theres anything else.

Sugary diet is a huge stressor.

Omega-3s (fish oil)
    Magnesium (the taurate that AF mentioned, or glycinate, or you can get topical magnesium oil which is the fastest way to raise your blood Mg levels)

Those are probably the most important, and if you don't get improvement after 3-4 months, you can you choice of D-Ribose, Acetyl L-Carnitine, CoQ10, Ascorbyl Palmitate (fat soluble vitamin C), and all natural vitamin E (mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols).

Don't use regular processed salt. Only Sea Salt or Himalayan Rock Salt.

Don't forget good, consistent hydration.
    Avoid sugar.
    Get vitamin D levels tested: http://www.zrtlab.com/vitamindcouncil/

Mike and Youngbuck have good pointers.

I'll add this

I used to take blood pressure medication, I've always had a rather low average blood pressure, so it kind of took me by surprise...I tried getting off of the prescription once, and failed. This time I was able to achieve my goal.

No big secret, I've even gained a little weight, which is counter intuitive....I just watched my already low salt intake, started drinking filtered water (we bought a Berkey) and lost my job..... You'd think that the last item would raise my blood pressure, but it seems the pressures at work were more stressful than whether or not the bills were going to get paid.

If you are looking for herbal solutions, the "Indian Herbalogy of North America" is the most comprehensive book about herbs that actually grow here. It includes: how to identify them, the particularities of their preferred growing conditions, and how to prepare them. There are cross references to work done in Russia and China as well.

This isn't the only place to find the book, I happened on mine at a used book store. The clerk smiled when I brought it to the checkout. He said he had just put it out and had almost put it to the side for himself.......

I was concerned about a "shtf" situation and not having meds for high blood pressure and other homegrown remedies.

There are about 15 different herbs connected to affecting one's blood pressure. Which one you use depends on your situation, availability and the effects--both good and bad. The book may help you select an herbal remedy at the health food store....

http://www.insight-books.com/HRBN/0877736391.html
    Liberty, of course, has her price in blood, if we do not suppport her when she is in trouble.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As for the potassium ratio issue, if you like salt and cant live without it then look for Morton's Lite Salt. Its 50/50 sodium chloride/potassium chloride. Pretty much any store should have iodized potassium chloride salt too, which would fix the ratio fast.

Eat better, and workout. Strength training and cardio will work wonders. Lose weight. Being healthy is hard work, but it life is the result.

Dehydration causes high blood pressure. With chronic dehydration 8% of your water deficit will come from the arteries and smaller blood vessels will be restricted to force the pressure up and to force the remaining water to vital areas like nasal passages, lungs, and the brain.

Dehydration also causes hardening of the arteries. As available water is removed from cell walls making them weak they are patched over with fats to maintain strength.

Salt and water cure dehydration but it takes awhile for packed dry dirt to absorb water and for the body to get out of drought management mode.

Very low salt diets, sugar, alcohol, and pain medications should be avoided.

The thirst sensation weakens as it is ignored and as you age and as you respond to it by feeding yourself dehydrating substances such as cokes or alcohol instead of water. Water can help cure this too, lol.
    Member of Ron Paul Forums Double Flat Tariff Only Society - Working towards eliminating all the foreign producer/outsource subsidizing internal federal taxes in favor of an across the board flat tariff applied equally to every country and every product.

meditation

All of the above posts, to which I will add meditation.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Beetroot juice...

---------------------

The nitrate content of beet juice will lower your blood pressure, and it takes only a small amount -- 250 milliliters -- to do it. A recent study found that people who drank beetroot juice experienced the same lowered blood pressure benefits within 24 hours as those who took nitrate tablets.

The research will be welcome news to patients with high blood pressure who might now have a natural approach to reducing their risk of cardiovascular disease, including stroke and heart attack.

Study author Amrita Ahluwalia, professor of vascular biology at Queen Mary's William Harvey Research Institute, explained that the nitrate found in beetroot juice was the cause of its beneficial effects on cardiovascular health and worked by increasing the levels of the gas nitric oxide in the circulation. Professor Ahluwalia was quoted as saying, "We gave inorganic nitrate capsules or beetroot juice to healthy volunteers and compared their blood pressure responses and the biochemical changes occurring in the circulation.”

"We showed that beetroot and nitrate capsules are equally effective in lowering blood pressure, indicating that it is the nitrate content of beetroot juice that underlies its potential to reduce blood pressure. We also found that only a small amount of juice is needed -- just 250 ml -- to have this effect and that the higher the blood pressure at the start of the study, the greater the decrease caused by the nitrate. Our previous study two years ago found that drinking beetroot juice lowered blood pressure; now we know how it works," she said.

The results of the study could pave the way for a natural approach to lowering blood pressure that ultimately may help reduce the massive burden of cardiovascular disease on the National Health System.

http://www.ivanhoe.com/channels/p_ch...?storyid=24625
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by sratiug View Post
    Dehydration causes high blood pressure. With chronic dehydration 8% of your water deficit will come from the arteries and smaller blood vessels will be restricted to force the pressure up and to force the remaining water to vital areas like nasal passages, lungs, and the brain.

Dehydration also causes hardening of the arteries. As available water is removed from cell walls making them weak they are patched over with fats to maintain strength.

Salt and water cure dehydration but it takes awhile for packed dry dirt to absorb water and for the body to get out of drought management mode.

Very low salt diets, sugar, alcohol, and pain medications should be avoided.

The thirst sensation weakens as it is ignored and as you age and as you respond to it by feeding yourself dehydrating substances such as cokes or alcohol instead of water. Water can help cure this too, lol.
    Interesting. Person in question is notorious for drinking very very little water a day. Headaches from dehydration. Alot of coffee.

Interesting. Person in question is notorious for drinking very very little water a day. Headaches from dehydration. Alot of coffee.
    Worry less, drink more water, exercise regularly, and generally try one's damnedest to live life so that there are times when there are few distractions or demands. It seems to be quite good for everything that ails you.

I agree, though, that the most common problem people have is they don't drink enough water, and the things they do drink tend to dehydrate them even worse. If the person in question drinks alcohol with any regularity, or eats a lot of processed foods (think "flavor packets"), you might have hit the nail precisely on the head.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Go here and search for blood pressure on the site.

www.mercola.com

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unfiltered apple cider vinegar.

Shaken well, 2 tsp of unfiltered apple cider vinegar + 8 oz water + twist lime + dab of honey

Once or twice a day..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."