Thread: Gallup - private sector employment up 6 months in a row

Gallup - private sector employment up 6 months in a row

You can call me a conspiracy theorist as long as I can call you a coincidence theorist.

www.appleseedinfo.org

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    let the blames begin!

Is it the Stimulus?
    Is it the war?
    Is it the tax cuts?

Quote Originally Posted by WaltM View Post
    let the blames begin!

Is it the Stimulus?
    Is it the war?
    Is it the tax cuts?
    Its the census high frequency hiring?

This is good news, at least for now. I'm fearful of the next bust though, and I'm afraid it might be just around the corner. Worse, the poor foundations of our economy and currency make me pretty pessimistic about how much we can even temporarily recover before that happens...but for now, we could use all the good news we can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

A trillion dollars worth of stimulus is creating temporary jobs that will expire as soon as the stimulus money we borrowed from our grandchildren wears out. That curve looks engineered to me.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I would guess that the area outside the curve during Obama, if converted to dollars, would roughly equal TARP +stimului. What happens when all that runs out? Didn't Obama just talk about another stimulus program? I guess he's planning on taxing our great-grandchildren next...
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by hugolp View Post
    Its the census high frequency hiring?
    Its private sector jobs only.

What I want to know is how many of them are part time jobs and how many are $#@!ty service jobs

IMO people focus too much on unemployment. Prices are up, incomes are down. I don't think a country full of 'working poor' is a sign of recovery.
    You can call me a conspiracy theorist as long as I can call you a coincidence theorist.

www.appleseedinfo.org

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post
    This is good news, at least for now. I'm fearful of the next bust though, and I'm afraid it might be just around the corner. Worse, the poor foundations of our economy and currency make me pretty pessimistic about how much we can even temporarily recover before that happens...but for now, we could use all the good news we can get.
    The next downturn is coming soon. As Gunny said this is just government spending creating fake jobs that will not last. Its not a sustainable recovery.

You should check the Consumer Index Institute (http://www.consumerindexes.com/), they have advanced statistics and are pointing that the GDP is going down big time. GDP is not a great indicator of growth, but it shows that the economic activity is slowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Catatonic View Post
    Its private sector jobs only.

What I want to know is how many of them are part time jobs and how many are $#@!ty service jobs

IMO people focus too much on unemployment. Prices are up, incomes are down. I don't think a country full of 'working poor' is a sign of recovery.
    My bad. I was just joking with MatM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I do not view this a "good" news. It is bad news that happens to be better than the worse news we had on employment last year. Our economy must add over 140,000 jobs each month just to keep up with population growth that will be looking for employment. 40,000 jobs per month in the hole will continue to increase the unemployment rate of the youngest generation of workers which if I remember correctly is over 25% for all unemployed and underemployed.