Thread: Marijuana Grower Potentially Faces Life in Prison

Marijuana Grower Potentially Faces Life in Prison

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_16036201#ixzz0z5yQOVp6

Chris Bartkowicz, the Highlands Ranch medical-marijuana grower facing federal drug charges for his basement operation, said Thursday that he was panicked and scared when agents confronted him outside his house.

In the first time he has publicly said more than a few words about his February arrest, Bartkowicz said he was reluctant to talk to the Drug Enforcement Administration agents who would eventually arrest him and hesitant about letting them search his house. But, he said, he ultimately thought he could address their concerns.

"I believed that if I explained to them that I wasn't illegal, that I was compliant with state law, that they would leave," he said.

Bartkowicz's trial is scheduled to begin in November. If convicted, he faces a potential life sentence.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    in in america do you go to prison longer for a harmless plant than if you raped a little child.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATH View Post
    ...ask him why he should be able to have a dick since he could rape someone with it, then kick him in the vagina for good measure so he'll remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    If we could create a Department of Hookers and Blow that would keep these villains busy for their entire adult lives, and kept away from doing their stated jobs, I'd support that.

That really sucks. A lesson learned the hard way I guess. Never talk to a government agent without a lawyer and certainly never consent to a search without a warrant (which it looks like he did). This is true even if you've never done anything illegal in your life.

Hopefully if this goes to trial at least one of the jurors is willing to utilize nullification.

Didn't the big O promise to end medical marijuana prosecutions?
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Yeah and a lot of extremely naïve people actually believed him. Just like they believed he was going to end the Iraq occupation, close Guantanamo Bay and repeal the Patriot Act. The federal government has assumed the authority to control what individuals put in their bodies and that is not a power it will give up willingly.

So that's your affectionate nickname for him...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Modern politicians make promises to gain support from the masses. They break those promises to avoid being assissinated.

Until people start realizing that most (current) politicians on both sides are INCONSEQUENTIAL, in EVERY way- there will be no hope, no change.

The politicians, like the people are part of the group with guns to their heads. Some may be dirt bags, many probably. But far less then I think we think. They are privy to the loaded gun more then you or I can probably imagine. The problem is not that most are dirt bags, it's that most are cowards. Manipulated cowards.

Only once we learn that perpetually saving the drowning babies and ignoring the source of the drowning babies only exarcerbates the problem, will we see real hope.
    Last edited by Seraphim; 09-10-2010 at 10:18 AM.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    So that's your affectionate nickname for him...
    LOL
    I like mine better
    "Hoebama"
    but I call his wife "Michelle hotmomma"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for easing up on medical marijuana, Zero.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

We are living under a tyrannical, terrorist government.

Our foreign policies of war are becoming domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce leeroy View Post
    LOL
    I like mine better
    "Hoebama"
    but I call his wife "Michelle hotmomma"
    Ewww, that lady is NOT attractive-at all. And her personality makes here even more unattractive.

Anyway, this $#@! sucks for him and his family. Hopefully the same people polled in Cali on Prop. 19 will actually get off there asses and vote for it, but I'm not holding my breath. I hope that it starts the ball rollin for the rest of the country, but not very many policies that pass in Cali ever pass in other states(thank god), but hopefully if it does it will start to wake people in other states up.

EDIT: Unfortunately for me, I live in the LAST state to ever do this, too many old people in Florida-and they ALL vote. We also have the worst MJ laws in the country. Over 20g= FELONY
    Last edited by coastie; 09-10-2010 at 10:35 AM.
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

Quote Originally Posted by gls View Post
    That really sucks. A lesson learned the hard way I guess. Never talk to a government agent without a lawyer and certainly never consent to a search without a warrant (which it looks like he did). This is true even if you've never done anything illegal in your life.

Hopefully if this goes to trial at least one of the jurors is willing to utilize nullification
    Not bloody likely.

Required viewing:

YouTube - Dont Talk to Police
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

I pray that the jury does the right thing. For goodness sake, even if you agree with the drug war, this is a woefully heavy-handed penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Toureg89 View Post
    in in america do you go to prison longer for a harmless plant than if you raped a little child.
    yes, or murder in many states. both are obviously far less harmful than gardening

Yeah. There's still been a ton of raids since he got into office. I wonder if the number has actually gone down. Either way, he said he was going to stop targeting medical marijuana, and clearly he hasn't.