Thread: Somebody Pinch Me!--I just spoke to Rand Paul

Talking Somebody Pinch Me!--I just spoke to Rand Paul

Wow, I just spoke to Rand Paul in person over the phone. Someone in his campaign called asked to speak to me and then asked if I wanted to speak to Dr. Paul, I was thinking, yeah right no politican will ever call you up. None of the one's I have given to in the past has ever called. I thought it would be some kind of recording as I was being transfered.

Well no it wasn't, it was actually Dr. Paul on the line. lol We talked maybe 3 to 5 minutes at most but it was nice to finally have someone call you and give you thanks for contributing. The call caught me off guard so I didn't have any intelligent questions to ask. lol
    In 200 years the American people have replaced 1 dictator 3,000 miles away with 3,000 dictators 1 mile away.

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.--Benjamin Franklin

No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe
    while our legislature is in session
    .--Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's awesome!! Congrats, man!

Yeah Rand's the real deal.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by lx43 View Post
    Wow, I just spoke to Rand Paul in person over the phone. Someone in his campaign called asked to speak to me and then asked if I wanted to speak to Dr. Paul, I was thinking, yeah right no politican will ever call you up. None of the one's I have given to in the past has ever called. I thought it would be some kind of recording as I was being transfered.

Well no it wasn't, it was actually Dr. Paul on the line. lol We talked maybe 3 to 5 minutes at most but it was nice to finally have someone call you and give you thanks for contributing. The call caught me off guard so I didn't have any intelligent questions to ask. lol
    Must have been a wrong number.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    Must have been a wrong number.
    Yeah I thought the samething too. lol
    In 200 years the American people have replaced 1 dictator 3,000 miles away with 3,000 dictators 1 mile away.

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.--Benjamin Franklin

.--Benjamin Franklin

lx43...that is awesome! ...enjoy!
    Last edited by boat6868; 09-09-2010 at 04:50 PM. Reason: rambling

I spoke to him before he became famous. It was a phone call to his doctors office. At that time everyone in the Ron Paul movement knew where to find him. He really is a nice guy and hardly the extremist or snob the liberal makes him out to be.

<yawn> now if Matt Collins called you, THAT would be something!
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's awesome. Very cool. That little extra personal touch goes a long way.

Back in NH I went to the rally where he spoke before his dad. Well we came up to him afterward and I mistaken him for Robert Paul. Anyways he was very pleasant and I got his autograph before anyone even though of him running for politics. My little Collins type of anecdote .
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Rand is the real deal folks! Congrats TS!

I will be meeting Rand in a couple weeks myself. It will probably just be a handshake!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    <yawn> now if Matt Collins called you, THAT would be something!
    I charge for that sort of thing
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I charge for that sort of thing
    Matt, Rand told me you where planning on running for President and that you would be self funding your entire campaign.

Will you pardon me from ever having to pay any form of federal taxes again? lol

.--Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    Rand is the real deal folks! Congrats TS!

I will be meeting Rand in a couple weeks myself. It will probably just be a handshake!
    Please don't let anyone take pictures of Rand with the aqua buddha.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by lx43 View Post
    Matt, Rand told me you where planning on running for President and that you would be self funding your entire campaign.
    Whoops... he wasn't supposed to share that yet... I told him to keep it quiet!

Quote Originally Posted by driege View Post
    Please don't let anyone take pictures of Rand with the aqua buddha.

I am planning to tell him I operate an Aqua Buddha gimmick on the Ron Paul boards....hopefully to get a laugh...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.