Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Updates on Costco Police Shooting in Nevada

Updates on Costco Police Shooting in Nevada

Erik Scott was shot by Police under questionable circumstances outside a Costco store in Summerlin, Nevada. Here are some updates:

It appears that the Police have released previously sealed divorce records in an attempt at character assignation. As many people who have been divorced will explain, the attorney for the woman will often recommend getting a restraining order against the male, making up stories if necessary. While information in these divorce cases may be true, it is not a reliable source of information. It is "he said", "she said" in the heat of a divorce.

The Police have also released a story that Erik pulled out his gun when his neighbor's dog bit him. They have been digging as deep as they can for any dirt.

In related news, the coroner's inquest has finally been rescheduled, and will be televised! It is scheduled to start on Sept. 22nd, and is expected to take at least three days. It will be televised in Clark County on Cable Channel Four.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 09-08-2010 at 01:51 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    like to keep updated on this, and if they release video tapes as well
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

“Show me the man and I’ll find you the crime." Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria deputy of the NKVD
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

That sure is a lot of background information to release, and yet not release the actual costco security camera tapes.....

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    That sure is a lot of background information to release, and yet not release the actual costco security camera tapes.....
    If Costco looks like they are doing anything under handed I hope there is some sort of organized boycott or organized mass subscription cancellation is in the works.

I have no reason to shop there these days anyway since the ones by me are not cost competitive especially when you add in the subscription. They also do not sell anything that I cannot already get at the local grocery stores. The one by me used to have a superior meat and shellfish department that was cost competitive to boot but not anymore.

Those who prefer character assassination to video recordings did something on those recordings of which they are ashamed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Not surprised. I'd rather face chaos head on then be "protected" from it by this "thin blue line." Which, IMHO, has actually gotten quite thick.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Not surprised. I'd rather face chaos head on then be "protected" from it by this "thin blue line." Which, IMHO, has actually gotten quite thick.
    That blue line is still pretty thin, IMO. Those guys are used to shift work and going home. Try really being on where you might get 24 hours sleep in a week of alert and reaction duty.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    That blue line is still pretty thin, IMO. Those guys are used to shift work and going home. Try really being on where you might get 24 hours sleep in a week of alert and reaction duty.
    No, I don't dispute your assertions about readiness. In agreement there.

My post about the line getting thicker regards the expanded size and scope of the domestic police force.

Would the officers that shot him go to jail? Or would they get paid vacations?
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    Or would they get paid vacations?
    They already got a couple of weeks of paid vacation after the shooting...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

<<<sorry. didnt mean to the get the RPF in trouble with the link & quote>>>
    Last edited by XNavyNuke; 09-18-2010 at 07:45 PM.
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Looks like a Star Chamber process to me.

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    ... Anyway, here's a story from yesterday.
    That's from the lvrj. You should not quote them nor give them a live link IMO.

Ooops... did someone say LVRJ. $#@! them. Paraphrased:
    Victims have no right to autopsy evidence
    I don't have high expectations for justice but I am confident in the judicial racket's ability to protect itself.
    Last edited by Live_Free_Or_Die; 09-17-2010 at 09:01 AM.

i think it was reported recently that unfortunately, the video camera system was malfunctioning at the time of the shooting and no video tape will be released. bout spit my coffee out when i heard that.
    ill try to dig up the article.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravedown View Post
    i think it was reported recently that unfortunately, the video camera system was malfunctioning at the time of the shooting and no video tape will be released. bout spit my coffee out when i heard that.
    ill try to dig up the article.
    oh ya the Illuminati got it?
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    oh ya the Illuminati got it?
    Nope, just the "investigators".

It was sent to a well connected "lab" Where is will be examined and either altered or destroyed as necessary.

Never mind the fact that anyone with limited and minimal computer experience could have viewed and uploaded it to you-tube within minutes after the incident.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The inquest has started, is anybody able to watch it in Nevada?

Bombshell witness: Costco employee claims that he did pull out the gun and point it at Police.

They are also saying that he was a prescription drug addict and seeing a shrink...(edit: multiple doctors, not sure if any were psychiatrists)

News reports:

http://www.ktnv.com/global/Category....partnerclipid=

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 09-23-2010 at 10:53 AM.

They are claiming that he had very high levels of morphine and xanax in his blood...

And still no release of the security cam video. Attack the victim.....

And still no release of the security cam video. Attack the victim.....
    The, um, hard-drive was, um, unusable. If they are looking for evidence on your computer, they can retrieve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The inquest has started, is anybody able to watch it in Nevada?

Bombshell witness: Costco employee claims that he did pull out the gun and point it at Police.

They are also saying that he was a prescription drug addict and seeing a shrink...(edit: multiple doctors, not sure if any were psychiatrists)

News reports:

Wow, that witness came off as,,,less than credible. To my ear anyway.
    And what is the digging dirt about,, and how is it relative?

I do wish someone with an ounce of integrity would leak that video footage.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Wow, that witness came off as,,,less than credible. To my ear anyway.
    And what is the digging dirt about,, and how is it relative?

I do wish someone with an ounce of integrity would leak that video footage.
    That hard-drive was so, uh, fragmented, that it had to be destroyed...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That hard-drive was so, uh, fragmented, that it had to be destroyed...
    That's what I thought.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpos...3&postcount=18
    Nope, just the "investigators".

It was sent to a well connected "lab" Where is will be examined and either altered or destroyed as necessary.

Never mind the fact that anyone with limited and minimal computer experience could have viewed and uploaded it to you-tube within minutes after the incident.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

That's what I thought.

Oh, you must be using the technical, computer nerd meaning of "fragment". The Police are talking about the fragmentation that occurs when the hard drive impacts the ground at high velocity several times.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010...ted-gun-didnt/

Extensive story at that link.

Costco is saying that the surveillance system hadn't been working for days. The hard drive was sent to Seagate for analysis, but no data was found after the point where the system (hard drive) had failed days before.

Officer who did the shooting testified that Erik had pulled out his gun, but it turns out it was in the holster. Erik said "I have a gun", which is apparently what CCP people are told to do? Officer took it as a threat, and didn't know that the gun was in a holster. Officer also did not recall correctly all of the words said, as audio recording contradict what he thought happened. Pretty typical of human memory, but suspicious in this case. The fact seems to be that the cop told him to drop the weapon. When Erik took out the weapon in the holster to drop the gun, the officer plugged him. Boils down once again to an overly jumpy and trigger happy officer. A new profession seems in order for this guy, and a serious look needs to be taken at training for all law enforcement in the US. Every single citizen is not a crazed killer, and should not be treated as such.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 09-24-2010 at 04:24 PM.

Extensive story at that link.

Costco is saying that the surveillance system hadn't been working for days. The hard drive was sent to Seagate for analysis, but no data was found after the point where the system (hard drive) had failed days before.
    If the system was not working why would the drive be removed for analysis?

And as others have mentioned, this system has redundant off site backups,,where they also destroyed?

If that video had shown the man pull a gun it would have been on the 6 o'clock news that day.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

If the system was not working why would the drive be removed for analysis?
    After the shooting it was removed. There would plenty of evidence if Costco really had scheduled a repair with their support company before the shooting. You would think that it would be required as evidence to back up Costco's claims.

Lierley also testified he was aware that the video recording system at the store wasn’t working. He had contacted Vegas Valley Locking Systems, the local company that provides technical support for the surveillance system, the Wednesday before the shooting. A repair appointment had been scheduled for the following Monday.

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 09-24-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Very suspicious.
    The Heart of Conservatism is Libertarianism - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast